The design of the winter garden
Its volume is limited by translucent vertical and inclined surfaces of various shapes, which depend, in principle, on the wishes of the owner.
The differences from the greenhouse and the greenhouse near the winter garden consist primarily in the fact that the former are intended to create special climatic conditions for certain classes of plants: greenhouses — for vegetables and flowers, and the greenhouse — for ornamental (mostly tropical) or fruit plants. Usually in greenhouses and greenhouses maintained temperature and humidity conditions, which is not very comfortable for humans. On the contrary, a winter garden is a part of the homeowner's living environment, a place for its rest, a kind of private recreation area where it can be for a long time. Hence the requirements for construction, heating and ventilation systems that are different from greenhouses and greenhouses.
Usually it is a light pavilion, which stands alone or adjoining the house, and is connected by doors to the inside rooms. The basis of such a pavilion is a supporting frame of various configurations, usually made of steel (rarely) or aluminum profiles, sawn timber, or a combination of them.
The following variants of the form design of the adjacent winter garden are possible:
We also recommend to read: Heated winter greenhouse with his own handsHeating the poolAir-heated greenhousesHow to build a country house from containers
- extension to the house of a rectangular shape with a lean-to roof;
- L-shaped extension to the outer corner of the house;
- extension to the house of a rectangular shape with a combined roof - a three-beam roof in front and a gable roof behind;
- extension with a three-beam roof to the inner corner of the house, so called. "Quarter of the landfill";
- L-shaped extension from the inside of the house;
- a rectangular extension with a single-pitch roof and an extension of the roofing part to the roof of the house itself.
The most stable frames in which there are trusses or girders, based on vertical racks, with a uniformly distributed load on the foundation.
The main loads acting on the frame are snow and wind loads, as well as the weight of materials that are transparent to light:
- ordinary glass;
- PVC double glazing.
When constructing winter gardens with a large glass area, in order to preserve the rigidity of the structure, use additional elements in the form of sliding doors or window frames.
When making a design project, you should consider all the requirements of its safe operation. In the most stringent conditions operated translucent roof.
It is necessary to choose the roof slope correctly so that in winter there is no snow accumulation on the roof that is too shallow, and in spring there would not be areas of stagnant water that would tend to leak inside, but at the same time that excessive wind loads did not affect the roof too steep.
If the walls and the roof of the building are made of double-glazed windows or plexiglass, then the room will keep warm inside. Unfortunately, the most popular material for such buildings - ordinary window glass - has a very high thermal conductivity. The same applies to another popular translucent material - polycarbonate. Therefore, for the protection of heat-loving plants in the cold season, you should acquire an effective heating system. About this decoration of the winter garden, you can learn from this article.
The choice of the type of heating system is affected by:
- room space - the larger it is, the more powerful the heating system should be;
- plant species. So the inhabitants of the tropics will feel good if the garden is more than 20 ° C;
- intensity of operation of the garden. If there are only cold-resistant plants in it, and you enter only occasionally, then it is enough to have an electric heater (fan heater). But if the garden is an extension of your home, then the heating system becomes simply necessary.
Living room winter garden (video)
Electric heaters in the winter garden
The advantages of electric heating include:
- the ability to change the place of installation of heaters, if necessary, locally raise the temperature in any place of the garden;
- the possibility of operational control of the amount of heat entering the garden volume;
- easy installation
The disadvantages include:
- with constant use and heating of a large area is an expensive pleasure;
- Electric heaters “dry” the air, which negatively affects the “well-being” of plants.
Split system of heating or UFO
Have the following advantages:
- possibility of smooth temperature control;
- no overdrying of air.
The presence of disadvantages:
- high cost of heating devices and high power consumption.
Systems of water (steam) heating
- maintaining a constant temperature;
- relatively low cost of obtaining thermal energy;
- no temperature difference between the garden and adjacent indoor rooms. Such a heated garden will be good as a dining room or a place of rest.
The disadvantages include:
- the need for skills and special tools for tapping into the system of water heating at home.
- the possibility of using inexpensive wood and coal;
- creating a certain color.
- uneven temperature distribution, which can lead to overheating of plants;
- the need for constant monitoring;
- creating a high fire hazard.
Beautiful and useful decoration of the winter garden will be the strawberry tree.
How to make a winter garden (video)
In one of the options provided by the fan installed in the window of the window of the house, communicated with the garden. Warm air is pumped from the inside of the building into the green zone. Another option is to install in the outbuilding, adjacent to the garden, an air heater and an air duct with a fan to supply warm air through the air duct to the garden area. This article will tell you about the flowering plants for our green zone.
The advantages of the system include:
- relatively low cost device.
By cons include:
- it is required to warm the building;
- required to buy a heater and duct;
- takes up too much space;
- spoils the interior;
- dries the air.
Electric heating according to the “warm floor” principle
The advantages of the method of heating:
- heating of the soil with a cable, which ensures sufficient heat to the roots;
- heat is evenly distributed;
- when installing a floor heating system along the walls, it will resist icing of the glass or polycarbonate roof;
- the possibility of heating in pipes of water intended for irrigation.
The disadvantages include:
- high cost of installing a system of warm water or cable floor;
- the system is mounted well before using the garden;
- difficult to carry out repair work.
Creating and ensuring the full operation of the winter garden will require some effort. And its heating system should be designed in a comprehensive manner, taking into account the influence of many factors. Taking into account these requirements, your child will become the embodiment of beauty and comfort. We recommend to read the article on the winter veranda.