Often the hallway is the last room in the apartment where repairs are being made. Often it is done in a hurry, just to finally get rid of the time-consuming and exhausting process. In this case, the interior is often obtained on the principle of "come what may." However, even if the room is small, you can decorate it, giving a fresh and original atmosphere. The photo of the interiors shows how the wallpaper for the hallway and the corridor can dramatically change the atmosphere of the space.
Wall mural in the hallway will help create a stylish and modern interior
Photo printing on the walls is beneficial for various reasons. These wallpapers are easy to install, have different sizes, which allows them to be used even in the smallest hallways. They differ in texture, color and theme of images. Photowall-paper choose for registration of an interior that:
- Visually align the proportions of the room;
- To zone the hallway, especially if it is not separated by walls from the living room;
- Underline the style;
- To make a variety in monophonic furnish;
- Create a cozy atmosphere.
The picture looks very organic in the interior of the beige corridor.
Before buying a photo wallpaper, you need to evaluate the capabilities of the room. The choice of shape, size and style is influenced by the layout of the hall, the amount of light, the height of the walls, the placement of doorways, the color scheme. Variants of using photo wallpapers in the interiors of hallways and corridors can be seen in the photo.
Photo murals can decorate the end wall of the hallway
How to choose
Even the most beautiful wallpapers can spoil the interior, if not matched to the color or size of the rest of the space. In order not to be mistaken, having made serious mistakes when thinking through the interior design of the hallway, you should consider a few useful recommendations:
- For small hallways or corridors, images with large elements, as well as 3D paintings are not suitable;
- Bright colors should be used carefully so that the interior is not too motley, if you choose a photo wallpaper of saturated colors, the rest of the finish should be neutral - white, beige, gray, pastel;
- Photowall-paper can be pasted over the whole wall or select only certain areas (stripes, inserts) - this depends on the location of the doors and the availability of free space;
- In narrow corridors it is better not to use photo wallpapers with contrasting combinations, a large number of horizontal lines;
- If the ceilings of the hallway are rather low, they can be visually pulled upwards, pasting the walls with images with vertical motifs (forest, waterfalls, columns, high-rise city landscapes);
- If there are irregularities and other flaws on the walls, you should abandon the strict geometric lines in the images and symmetry - so the flaws will be visible even stronger, and if there is no possibility to even the surface of the walls, you can choose abstract images or photos with a large number of small objects and curved lines;
- If the photo clearly shows a perspective that goes into the distance, such an image should be placed on the wall opposite to the door, if such photos are glued to the side walls, the image angle will visually break the interior, distorting the perception;
- To make a bright accent, simply select an image with one bright and large element.
With the help of photo wallpapers you can create an atmospheric immersion in a 3D reality.
If we talk about the practical side of the issue when choosing wallpaper for hallways and corridors, you need to choose a durable coating. Wallpapers must withstand washing, mechanical stress, and not fade over time. Original wallpaper looks on the wall of the hallway with a 3D pattern, how it will look in the interior can be seen in the photo.
Photo wallcovering must be durable and withstand mechanical damage, burnout and frequent cleaning.
The entrance hall is a special place. In contrast to the bedroom or living room, it is most susceptible to various loads. Here dust and dirt accumulate more quickly, there is a greater risk of accidentally damaging the finish, hitting the wall bags with sharp metal fittings or dropping the suitcase on the floor. For this reason, any finishing materials must be durable and practical, the same goes for photo wallpapers. The surface must be washed periodically, so it must withstand moisture and possibly detergents.
Photowall-paper on a flizelinovy basis will become the excellent choice for a hall
It is best for the hallway or corridor to choose vinyl or non-woven wallpaper. They are stronger than paper ones, due to their density they are able to hide minor defects of walls, and they wash easily and quickly with water. Paper wallpaper is better not to use, they can not be washed. In addition, paper is thin material and is easily torn off by claws - this is important if there are cats or dogs at home. If the interior design of the hallway implies the presence of photo wallpaper, it is not bad before acquiring to familiarize yourself with the various options on the photo selection below.
Photowall-paper should be combined with furniture or accessories in the interior of the hallway.
Even the smallest hallway is usually maintained in one style or another. As a rule, the decoration of the corridor is in harmony with all the other rooms, however, sometimes the decoration of the hallway can, on the contrary, be radically different from the general decor of the apartment.
This design direction involves the use of only natural materials and natural colors, so the image on the wall must be appropriate. It can be images of forests, fields, mountains, animals, flowering gardens, as well as still lifes with vegetables and fruits, flowers. The palette should be restrained, without screaming neon shades.
The spacious hall-hallway can be equipped with a sofa and a partition of bamboo trunks.
Natural materials are welcome here, but the emphasis is not on naturalness, but on luxury. Images of landscapes, old mansions and castles, palace interiors and parks, portraits in old style or entire reproductions of paintings painted in the 16th and 19th centuries will work well.
Classic style hallway often complement the wallpaper of paintings of the Middle Ages
Depending on the chosen culture, these can be images of national landmarks, landscapes of a particular country, traditional paintings, etc. For example, for a Japanese-style hallway, you can apply pagoda photos, cherry blossoms, stone gardens, samurai, geishas, landscapes and portraits performed in Japanese stylistics.
African motifs create a very warm atmosphere in the hallway.
Industrial design is perfectly complemented by photo wallpaper with panoramic views of modern cities. Skyscrapers, night streets with neon signs, lanterns, images of retro stars, etc.
Wall mural can be illuminated around the perimeter of the wall
For this style, the characteristic warm range of muted colors, as well as Mediterranean notes. To emphasize the style, you can choose lavender fields in the south of France, images of local villages, pastoral scenes, the view from the window of a country house on the sea coast.
Lavender fields and pastel colors create an atmosphere of French Provence
The choice of colors
In addition to the size of the canvas and the style of the image should pay attention to the color scheme, it must be in harmony with the surrounding space. So, to the warm range are all red, yellow, orange, peach tones. The cold spectrum includes shades of blue, blue, lilac, purple, green. Light cold colors visually expand the corridor, and the warm pastel gamma is good in rooms where there is little light.
Beige gamut will support the wallpaper in sand colors
However, it is not necessary to choose too light shades for the corridor, they will quickly get dirty and fade. Metallic wallpaper with gold or silver splashes will look beautiful. Their shade should be in harmony with metal fittings - handles of cabinets and doors, frames, elements of lamps. On the photo selection you can further get acquainted with the various color schemes of the photo wallpaper in the hallway interior.
Photowall-paper with the image of the night city perfectly fit into a interior of a narrow corridor
Decorative elements must be combined with photo wallpapers. Best of all, when they repeat the theme of the image. This combination looks the most harmonious. So, how to choose accessories for the hallway so that they are in harmony with the photo wallpapers:
- If the image on the wall imitates stonework or images of medieval castles, cities, ancient buildings and sculptures, you can use not only simple neutral wallpapers for the background, but also decorate part of the walls with an artificial or natural stone. This design will complement the wallpaper, without overloading the hallway interior.
- If the main focus of the photographs is on flowering gardens, flower beds, flower bouquets, etc., such a composition will harmoniously complement the pots with potted plants or vases with flower arrangements. However, it should be borne in mind that living flowers for the hallway should belong to shade-loving plants, since there is very little natural light.
- Too bright wallpapers placed all over the wall will visually make the room even smaller. However, if you want to add brightness to the interior, you can choose inserts from photo wallpapers framed with baguettes or stucco. The color of the edging may be dark or light, but it is better if it is combined with furniture.
- If city walls are depicted on the walls of the hallway, for example, panoramas of London, New York, Paris, Barcelona, etc., they can be supplemented with lamps imitating city lanterns. The style of the fixtures also depends on whether modern skyscrapers are depicted or squat historical centers.
The atmosphere of the ancient city on the photo wallpaper can be supported by a street shop and a lantern
Well complement the wallpaper accessories, matching in color. These can be vases, figurines, upholstered benches, images on the facades of cabinets, etc.
Stylish floor lamp in African style perfectly complements the wall picture-wallpaper
Alternative uses for photo wallpapers
Making the interior of a modern hallway, you can use a combination of different in texture and type of materials for decoration. For example, photo wallpaper, depending on the style of the image, is easily combined with brickwork, stone, plaster, wood panels, bamboo wallpaper, textiles, vinyl, non-woven and paper canvases.
The huge picture fits perfectly into the interior of the corridor with a brick decor.
Important! Different textures of coatings can enrich the interior, but in this case it is worth adhering to a harmonious color scheme. In addition, this technique is better suited for spacious hallways.
Photowall-paper can be added with a textured decor
Most often, wallpaper mural paste over one of the walls in whole or in part. This is easy to do in large hallways, if there is not enough space, you can try the following options:
- Modular picture from several parts;
- Panel depicting the window and the landscape behind it;
- Pasting of doors;
- Photowall-paper placed on the ceiling;
- Images of doors with room behind them.
The volumetric drawing in black and white colors fits perfectly into the interior of a small hallway.
In the hallway, people do not stay long, quickly passing into other rooms, removing shoes and outerwear. Therefore, you should not use images with high detail, these wallpapers are best left for the living room or bedroom. For the corridor it is better to choose simple drawings without a large number of small details that need to be considered for a long time.
Human perception of colors depends on the amount and even shade of light. That is why if you use rich colors and large images, the lighting should be as high as possible. The hallway itself is a dark place, the natural light enters it only through the doorways of the rooms, so you need to take care of good fixtures. Designers are advised to make several levels of illumination, each of which should have its own power source.
The upper tier - it is usually a chandelier in the center or spotlights, located around the perimeter of the hallway. If the room is large, both options are combined. Complete overhead lighting with wall sconces, they are conveniently located near or opposite the mirror. If the walls do not have space for lamps, you can purchase shelves or mezzanines with lighting.
Choosing lighting, you need to pay attention to the brightness, as well as the direction of the light - depends on how the shadows will be located. Sharp shadows in small hallways make them darker and even smaller. It depends on how the wall murals themselves will look on the walls. In addition to the brightness and direction of light, you need to pay attention to color. White and bluish lamps make the space cool and not habitable, especially along with the bright decoration of the walls and ceiling. Warm yellow lighting is not so bright, but it looks more comfortable. How the perception of photo wallpaper on the wall of the hallway depends on the backlight can be viewed in the photo below.
So, wallpapers are great for any style of the hallway or corridor. In order for them to look harmonious, not knocking out against the background of the rest of the decor, it is necessary to take into account when choosing the dimensions of the room, the color scheme, as well as the overall style of the hallway. In addition to the image is important the right choice of material, it must be durable, resistant to mechanical stress and easy to wash. Paying attention to all these factors when choosing wallpaper for the hallway, you can create a bright harmonious interior.