Today we will talk about what design to choose and how to build it in the country by yourself, because buying such a product today is not very profitable.
Choosing a tent to give
At the moment, manufacturers offer ready-made tents and components for such facilities, but we decided to build it with our own hands, so to speak, from scratch. Of course, you can use some of the details or rely on ready-made projects of tents, because this will greatly facilitate the work. But if you participated in the construction of a gazebo, which we talked about in detail in this article, or were engaged in the construction of landscape structures at your own summer cottage, this project will be simpler for you than for beginners.
Initially, we recommend choosing a tent type. Of course, it can be round and square tents, large and small, fabric and with a canvas coating.
But we focus on the material of the hull and on the basis, because these are the most important parts of our future construction.
We recommend to consider wooden frames, steel from a corner and a shaped pipe, and also to study light aluminum structures, but the choice depends on the purpose of the tent and its size. Naturally, the lighter the design, the easier it is to choose the material.
We also recommend to read: Canopy for avtoFlyuger do it yourself: photos and drawings The Arbor of the profile pipe do it yourself: drawings (18 photos) Power tools for giving
Such wooden structures resemble gazebos, which are decorated with fabric, curtains and other accessories that create inner comfort and coziness. They can be made of timber and laminated veneer lumber, and even of logs, if you want to work in the old Russian or classic style. But more often, this is exactly the standard wooden frame with a roof against which the entire structure is made. You can read the material on the garden bench.
Metal constructions are more like arches that are welded or bolted.
The main construction material here is a metal corner, a profile pipe and fittings, which are used to produce the roof frame. Such a canopy, or rather, a tent, will be heavy, and its integrity will set a high bearing capacity. This means that it will be possible to cover the building not only with light fabrics, but already with a more durable tarpaulin, awning or other roofing materials.
Light tents for giving
Such designs are collapsible models with a temporary installation location.
Aluminum or thin housing made of galvanized steel profile, allows you to install the tent at the dacha at any time, remove it if desired, or even move it to a new location. Convenient design and the fact that in disassembled form can even fit in a special bag, and be taken with you to nature, if you decide to go to the river or into the forest.
What to look for
By and large, in the construction of the simplest tent there are no difficulties. It is clear that a large capital-type construction will be more difficult, but this is not a tragedy. The main thing here is the timely determination of the purpose and materials of manufacture, as well as other factors and parameters, due to which a large tent will serve for a long time. What exactly should pay attention to before building?
We propose to study a small list of requirements, which will help to decide on this issue:
- First of all, choose the design and size of the tent. All this has a certain value at the subsequent stages, because the work with each of these materials will be different;
- Purpose You should determine the type of building, it will be capital or portable. It should be understood that collapsible frames are convenient, but due to constant transfer or transportation, assembly and disassembly, some materials and assemblies wear out quickly, which means that the portable tent is less durable. It is important to determine the purpose, because if this is a replacement for a gazebo, then you can set up a small light tent, but if you know for sure that the building will be used for mass events, you need to build something more;
- Put in the basic requirements of reliability and carrying capacity, which is determined by the materials and their quality. Strong wind, thunderstorms, gradual wear, temperature changes - all this makes any building weaker every year, and if you want to get a capital and durable structure that can be simply put in order from time to time, and not changed to a new one, think about capital construction. Immediately it is worth considering all the risk factors - work qualitatively with compounds, determine stability, pre-set the possibility of installing insulation, a heavier roof, etc.;
- Practicality. Regardless of the construction materials, you need to guess in advance with the size and shape, so that it was easy to bypass the tent, but enough people could fit inside with comfort. Furniture, accessories, light decor, perhaps even some communications — everything needs to be included in the plan for future work;
- Explore also the location of the structures, because it is very important that a place for rest or loud events was not in front of the neighbors, away from the dusty road and the "fragrant" economic yard, on a sunny and warm place, on a hill so that the rain did not organize under your feet a bunch of dirt, and so on. That is, think over everything from beginning to end!
We build a country tent with our own hands
Every regular reader of our site knows well that we are considering several options, but we undertake solid work with only one. Today we also identified one building from the list, and present a simple action plan that will help build a metal tent with our own hands.
We decided that it was worth experimenting a bit, and we will make a folding construction with you, but the one that is installed on a rigid foundation in the yard of the villa. That is, on the territory of the dacha it is a serious building, but you can always disassemble it, put the car in the trunk, and take it with you to nature, where you can already assemble a lighter tent, which you will only have to cover with special material.
For convenience of work and subsequent actions with our design, we decided to build a rectangular structure, since it is much more difficult to work with more sophisticated forms.
Material for construction
First of all, we need sand and cement, as well as old boards. All this is necessary for the device formwork and pouring a simple strip foundation. You also need a pipe that will be installed in the foundation and will be the basis for the installation of the tent's upper frame. Naturally, we will work with the profile pipe, from which we will make the frame. Further, only auxiliary materials are a rail for roof lathing, covering material, planks and timber for flooring, well, or gravel (expanded clay, pebbles), for its construction.
Tools for work
Here we just recommend reading the article about the power tool for the garden, in which you will find many useful things. Also, with its help, you can choose a tool that can provide serious assistance in construction. This is a Bulgarian, electric drill, screwdriver, and other tools such as a hammer, handsaw, pliers.
We build the foundation
Choosing a place for construction and making the markup, we need to dig a trench along the perimeter of the future tent. It will be enough to deepen a 40 cm (or about 2 bayonet spade), and a trench width of 25 cm.
At its bottom we pour 5 cm of sand and 5-7 cm of gravel around the perimeter, and then we put the reinforcement from old wire, old electrodes and fittings, and fill it with a standard solution prepared from cement, sand and water. If you want to create a high-quality foundation and preserve its integrity for a longer time, arrange a simple formwork made of roofing material, which, after solidification of the mortar, will remain between the ground and concrete as a protective layer.
It is very important to install pipes in the foundation into which the framework will be mounted. These should be shaped pipes, the internal parameters of which differ from the external dimensions of the pipes for the framework by only 1-2 mm. That is, the frame of the profile pipe should be simple, but with minimal effort, be mounted in our mortgages. Try to initially choose the size and put down the mark installation pipe base. These marks will become the assembly parameters of the upper part of the frame.
We assemble a metal frame
Our tent is designed for a really large family, and perhaps a company from several families.
The frame is light and reliable, as it will be made of a pipe installed in a foundation fixed by the foundation. All we need is to work sensibly with dimensions that should exactly match.
Immediately we cut out the main posts, corner and wall, which will hold the crate of wood or metal on themselves for mounting the tent cover. The crate can be very light as the tent is covered with a cloth. But this does not mean that it is necessary to drastically reduce the quality indicators of materials for the assembly of the frame.
Finished pipes are installed in mortgages in the foundation, leveled and tied together by a temporary connection. Further, pieces are cut from the same pipe, which during assembly will become ribs of the main structure. The pipes are welded or screwed to these pieces, as well as to the pipes of the main frame. If all the dimensions are the same, you can remove the temporary attachments and try to assemble the entire frame into the whole structure.
The roof for a tent is much less important than for a country house, gazebo or other buildings, but we still recommend that you read an article about roofing materials where you can learn a lot. We will not use heavy materials for the roof, and therefore the lathing of the roof will be simple. It can be a wooden rail, shot down as you prefer, and installed on the main frame.
All that is required at the next stage is to make the roof as collapsible, and to come up with the material with which the new summer tent will be covered.
Earlier we mentioned that it would be necessary to build a high-quality floor in the tent, but here we have two options at once:
- Board floor - an ordinary flooring, if the tent will have a temporary appointment. In this version, a mound is possible at a certain place in the summer cottage where the building will be located, well, or, in general, planting grass or laying the turf, which is quite simple;
- Another option is to arrange a capital site at the tent construction site, from which it will be possible at any time to sweep or even wash out all the garbage and dirt from the hose. It can be a concrete platform or a flat plane of paving slabs.
Tent to give (video)
When the structure is fully prepared and assembled several times for the sample, you can disassemble it and install it under the wall on paper or polyethylene, since now we turn to painting. Any metal can be damaged by weathering, and therefore it must be protected from moisture and the most ordinary corrosion. To do this, prime the tent prefabricated parts, and then paint the exterior paint with metal in the desired color. Do not forget only that the joints can not be painted, but they should definitely be cleaned up, perhaps, and grease with grease, quite a bit.
How to cover the tent
The classic of the genre in this situation is a purchased awning or thick fabric that can last for several seasons. But many people use home curtains, organza and other fabrics for homemade summer tents, which will give some originality. It is only necessary to sew fastenings and make a double seam at the place of the canopy, and the covering is ready.
If you come from the practical side, you can also think of the complete closure of the tent with special nets from the midge. They will let the air in and out of the heat, but will keep the insects outside during the evening rest when they fly into the light. Here you can frankly use your own fantasy, because this design is your personal project!
Tent in the country with their own hands - a great idea. But we want to remind again that each stage of the process must be well thought out initially, so that the design is safe and reliable, and the room turned out beautiful and cozy.