The entrance hall is the face of the apartment, because each guest first sees this particular room. Therefore, it is important that the hallway leaves a good impression. Special attention should be paid not only to the decoration of the walls, the floor, but also the ceiling. Properly selected solutions can visually enlarge the space, give it a cozy look. One of the most popular options for the design of the corridor - stretch ceiling, options for which are presented in the photo below.
A corridor is a room that has a number of features:
- Enough small space. Usually the hallway has the shape of an elongated rectangle, whose width is several times smaller than the length;
- The corridor is practically devoid of natural light due to the lack of windows.
Given this specificity, the choice of stretch ceiling for finishing would be an excellent option. Installation will take a little time, and the result will exceed expectations.
However, the selection should consider the following:
- Stretch ceiling in the hallway of the apartment is better to make a glossy canvas, in order to visually enlarge the room, examples can be viewed in the photo;
- Not striking pastel colors are perfect, without complex and ornate patterns - stretch ceilings of light shades in the corridor can also be seen in the photo;
- A special role is to take the choice of lighting, because they will be the only source of light in this room;
- It is necessary to select the profile and fastenings for the frame so that they allow to preserve the height of the original ceiling as much as possible.
Narrow hallway solution
Most of the apartments built during the Soviet era, the corridor is very narrow and small. You can visually fix this situation with the help of a stretch ceiling. Light glossy canvas, not burdened with drawings or protrusions, will help to visually increase the space of the corridor. Scattered spot lighting in the form of lamps or LED strips, which will be located around the perimeter of the ceiling, will also help in this task. Modern spots or light panels can be placed in the middle of the hallway.
It will be extremely unusual to look like a ceiling light. In this case, you will not see the lamps themselves. When looking at the ceiling gives the impression of its full glow. But in this case we must not forget about security. In order not to damage the canvas due to the high temperatures, you need to select those recessed lamps that will not heat up. It is better to direct the lamp down to avoid unpleasant moments.
Note! To avoid the zebra effect, you need to correctly determine the interval from the LEDs to the canvas. Otherwise, luminous streaks will be visible on the ceiling and it will no longer look as impressive as originally planned.
Black glossy stretch ceiling in the hallway, whose photos can often be seen on the pages dedicated to interior design, will be a stylish and innovative solution for a narrow space. The scouring effect of dark color will in this case be compensated by the reflective properties of the glossy surface. On such photos it is noticeable that, in order that the black stretch ceiling in a small hallway does not look too gloomy, walls, doors and slopes choose light colors.
Often you can find a photo of a bright contrasting stretch ceiling in a narrow hallway of a light shade. You can combine it with any element of the interior or decor. It can be colorful strips on the wallpaper, a colorful picture frame or mirror, or just door handles of an unusual color. Here everything directly depends on your taste and imagination!
Long corridor solution
A long corridor is a rather difficult task for a designer, but it can be solved with the help of a stretch ceiling. There are several proven techniques to help make the room wider and larger:
- Do not use horizontal lines along the length of the corridor. With their help, the room can become longer and narrower. In order to visually expand the space, it is better to give preference to waves or transverse lines.
- And here not to do without a glossy surface. Indeed, thanks to its light reflecting abilities, it copes wonderfully with the task of increasing the visual space of a room. If you are a happy owner of a hallway with high ceilings, then you should not dwell on the gloss, because it will make your corridor look like a well - too high and narrow. In this case, it will be advantageous to look semi-gloss or satin canvas, which combines the main advantages of matte and glossy ceilings. But if you are an adherent of the classical style, then a matte ceiling, resembling perfectly smooth whitewash, will be the best solution for you.
- You should not choose large and volume chandeliers, sconces, lamps to illuminate the ceiling. It is better to fix several spots on the ceiling. And to give the correct accent to the interior, place them at the same distance along the entire length of the corridor.
Photo stretch ceiling in a long hallway can be seen below.
Popular design options stretch ceiling
Stretch ceiling, due to its diverse palette, texture, as well as constructive solutions is now becoming a godsend for designers.
No one will now be surprised by the photo of two-level stretch ceilings in the hallway. They help not only skillfully disguise the wiring placed under the ceiling, but also zone the space. You can create a unique interior with the help of various forms and patterns. With the help of contrasting shades it is easy to achieve the effect of visually reducing or increasing the room.
A hall trimmed with a stretch ceiling with a mirror surface will look like in a photo from an expensive glossy magazine! With him the room will seem taller and lighter. The mirror can be covered with frost, apply a graphic pattern on it. The surface can be made matte and choose any shade. Particularly expensive and stylish is the surface of the ceiling, composed in the form of a mosaic of the mirror surface of various textures and shades. Photo gallery stretch ceilings in the hallway will help you decide on the design.
Stretch ceilings in the hallway with the use of photo printing amaze with an infinite number of possible drawings, richness of colors. However, using them for finishing the hallway, you should be especially careful not to visually change the dimensions of the room for the worse.
The unique style of the corridor, and the whole apartment, can be given with the help of a stretch ceiling imitating natural material. If you want to make the room in ethnic style, then a great solution would be to use a suspended ceiling with an imitation of valuable tree species. And if you are a supporter of avant-garde style, then imitation of the skin of an exotic animal, for example, python, will perfectly fit into the concept of the interior.
When choosing lighting fixtures for the corridor, it is better to give preference to spotlights. The chandelier will not be able to give as much light as is necessary for this room. More detail to consider lighting a corridor with a stretch ceiling can be on selected photos.
The first thing you need to pay attention to is the power of the lamp. It should not exceed 35 watts. Otherwise, you risk to spoil the canvas, because under the influence of high temperatures it can melt. But if you decide to install halogen or traditional lamps, then do not forget about the thermal ring, which will help protect your ceiling from overheating.
Dimensions of the lamp should not be too large. Otherwise it will not enter the ceiling space or the nest. Before installing the stretch ceiling it is necessary to fix the wiring and cable channels. And in the case of LED tape, you will additionally need a transformer box.
Important! When choosing lamps, pay attention to those models that are mounted externally. This will save you the trouble of replacing.
It is also worth looking at the spotlights - spotlights. Thanks to the design, the light from them can be sent where it is needed. And their modern design will make any room stylish and welcoming. How to look stretch ceilings in the hallway with spotlights can be seen in the photo below.
A corridor, like any other room, will be transformed if a stretch ceiling is used for its decoration. A huge number of options for its design and design will satisfy even the most demanding customers.