Harvia sauna stoves: a review of popular models
- Operating principle
- Wood burning
Many people like to relax and relax in a modern bath or sauna. This procedure of cleansing the body is a very important tradition for many nations.
Today, many purchase stoves for a bath or sauna from the Finnish company Harvia, which very quickly produce air heating in the steam room. Harvia stoves are characterized by a stylish design, a high level of comfort and are responsible for uniform and rapid heating of the room.
Usually for the manufacture of furnaces used thick-walled and heat-resistant steel. The body of the product can be made of stainless steel or coated with a special refractory paint. Models that operate on the wood, equipped with a grate made of cast iron. Its presence is responsible for creating maximum heat transfer when burning wood.
The Finnish brand Harvia offers two types of sauna stoves. Electric ovens They are convenient because the mode can be adjusted using the control panel. Many models have automatic on and off. For rapid heating of the equipment, it is necessary to load steatite, crushed diabase or large jade into the heater. With sparse styling, free hot air flows through the room.
Dry heat appears due to hot stones. In order to produce air humidification in the room, it is necessary to use water that flows through metal pipes onto a heated embankment.. When steam rises, it is both heated and dried at the same time. The most comfortable parameters for the steam room are 50% humidity and air temperature + 50ºС.
Wood stoves Finnish production presented a wide selection. They differ both in appearance and in design features.
But all Harvia wood stoves have the following elements:
- The combustion chamber is made of durable, heat-resistant steel, its thickness is about 10 mm. This element accelerates the heating of the room as it heats the stones.
- Kamenka usually has an open-type design and can accommodate up to 80 kg of stones.
Thanks to the creation of a large amount of steam, the room warms up in less than one hour.
- Portable firebox provides the ability to locate equipment in a separate niche. Thanks to its presence it is possible to make heating of a steam room from a dressing room or an adjacent room. The firebox door is made exclusively from special glass that is resistant to high temperatures. This feature will allow you to enjoy the beauty of the flame.
- The smoke removal system is responsible for creating heat exchange in the room.
- Combustion channels are one of the main features of Harvia Finnish wood-burning stoves.
Since the design includes separate channels, the heating of the bath or sauna occurs very quickly.
Bright representatives of Finnish stoves are the model Harvia M2, the Classic and Legend line. For convenience and comfort of use, some models are equipped with additional structural elements.
For example, many people like the model with a steam generator, since it independently carries out the concentration of dry steam in the steam room. Harvia M3 attracts the attention of a transparent door, so you can admire the beauty of the fire flame.
Wood burning stoves are functioning due to the presence of the usual heater.
When heating a steam room, the following actions are carried out:
- firewood must be put into the combustion chamber located at the bottom of the structure;
- when burning firewood, heat is released, which gets to the base with stones due to the use of a smoke removal system;
- since the chimney is located near the stove, the stones receive additional heating;
- Some modifications have a tank mounted type, which is responsible for heating water. The tank can be located on the chimney or stove.
Harvia sauna electric furnaces are in high demand due to excellent quality, ergonomic design and increased safety. This option includes a housing, an electric heater in the form of heating elements and a heat-insulating layer. Some models are equipped with a remote control, while the temperature sensor itself is located in the steam room. The user independently sets the required air temperature. Undeniable the advantage of electric furnaces is the automatic shutdown function. After a certain period, the equipment will turn itself off.
For the Russian bath the ideal choice would be the model Cilindro PC 90E, because it is great for small steam rooms, because it can heat a room of 14 cubic meters. For larger rooms, it is better to choose a Vega BC135 stove., since its power is more than 13 kW.
Cilindro PC 90E
Advantages and disadvantages
Harvia sauna and sauna stoves have the following advantages:
- excellent quality;
- attractive product design;
- warranty from the manufacturer is one year;
- Most models are spacious because they can accommodate up to 200 kg of stones. This feature helps to increase steam;
- a large selection of models allows you to choose the best option for both personal use and for industrial use;
- the heater is equipped with an air flow distributor, which is distinguished by a rather high power, therefore the space heating is very fast;
- chimneys are made of supercritical steel, which is not afraid of high temperature conditions.
Like most devices, Harvia stoves have some drawbacks. It is worth considering separately the minuses of both wood and electric models.
Wood burning stoves are characterized by several drawbacks:
- Metal furnaces are characterized by hard radiation. If we consider the model in the form of a grid, then the radiation is smaller. To prevent the possibility of burns, use a protective shield. If there is no such possibility, then it is necessary to choose the optimal burning mode, and also not to enclose too much firewood.
- The installation of the chimney is quite complicated, since most models have a non-standard exit under it, which is 11 cm.
To create a chimney fit only the pipe from the company Harvia, or it will have to be ordered according to the required size.
If we talk about the shortcomings of electrical models, it is worth highlighting the following:
- all electrical devices are distinguished by the creation of an electromagnetic background;
- The device is powered by electricity, creating high consumption.
The Finnish company Harvia offers a wide range of stylish and high-quality models. The brand has developed two lines of wood stoves - Legend and Standart. Wood stove from the Legend collection is presented in several versions. All options are made of durable, reliable and heat-resistant steel, which is also covered with heat-resistant paint. All models are united by the function "portable firebox", which allows you to heat the stove while in the next room. But each option is designed for a specific area of the steam room.
For saunas with a meter size of 6–13 m³, such models as:
- Legend 150 and Legend 150 SL. A distinctive feature of the design is the presence of an updated grate. For effective combustion of firewood, a small part of the air gets into the upper part of the furnace. Model Legend 150 SL is characterized by the presence of an elongated external firebox, so you can lay firewood in the next room.
Legend 150 SL
- M2, M3 and M3 SL. The power of this equipment is 13 KW. Loading of stones does not exceed 30 kg. Since all models are not equipped with a water tank, this can be done independently. To protect yourself from the possibility of getting burns as much as possible, you should use an additional safety fence. Model M3 SL is characterized by the presence of a portable firebox.
- 16 Steel and 16 SL Steel. The housing is made of stainless steel. These models quickly warm up the air in small steam rooms. They are designed for a maximum load of 36 kg of stones. Modification SL allows protaplivanie from an adjacent room.
Glass door gives stoves sophistication, because you can admire the beauty of the flame.
16 SL Steel
For saunas of medium size will suit several options:
- Legend 240, Legend 240 Duo and Legend 240 SL. The body of the equipment is made of strong and reliable steel. It is located on regulated legs. The addition is a door with glass made of cast iron. Lattice construction helps to increase furnaces effectively. They attract the attention of spaciousness, because they can accommodate as much as 200 kg of stone. A feature of the Duo and SL models is the availability of a portable firebox.
Legend 240 Duo
Legend 240 SL
- 20 ES Pro and 20 LS Pro. The case of models is made of heat-resistant steel and covered with heat-resistant paint. A feature of the models is the presence of two legs, as well as a rather compact size. Furnaces are equipped with a water tank, designed for 20 liters.
Convenience and practicality are indisputable advantages of these models.
20 LS Pro
- 20 Boiler and 20 SL Boiler. These models have a capacity of 18 and 20 kW. They attract the attention of a stylish appearance, equipped with a boiler. The glass door allows you to admire the flame while the stove is operating. Ease of operation and ease of installation are important advantages of stoves. They are characterized by spaciousness, as they can fit a huge amount of stones.
20 SL Boiler
- 20 Duo. This model has a water tank mounted type, which is made of stainless, durable steel. It is equipped with a portable firebox, as well as a large glass refractory door. It can hold up to 50 kg of stones. Stylish and functional harmoniously combined in the presented model.
It is able to warm up a small steam room for 1 hour to + 100ºС.
Harvia electric stoves feature a huge selection of collections.. They are designed for compact size steam rooms, designed for both 1-2 and 3-4 people.
Among the most popular collections there are several:
- Delta d36. This electric furnace attracts attention with a triangular shape. It has a capacity of 3.6 kW and is designed for a steam room of 2–4.5 m³. It can hold up to 11 kg of stones. The model is represented by a wall type, which allows it to be mounted on the wall. With a corner installation, the stove saves free space.
- Alfa A30 Steel. This option is also suitable for compact steam rooms. It is characterized by sufficient power and ease of installation. The stove is made of stainless steel. To control the device is designed remote control, which provides ease of use.
Alfa A30 Steel
- Globe GL110. The stove attracts attention with its original form, as it is presented in the shape of a ball. It is placed on a tripod, therefore it is characterized by the reliability of the installation. It has a capacity of 10.5 kW and is suitable for rooms of 10 m².
- Cilindro PC110HEE. This is just one of the models of the large collection of Cilindro. It is ideal for heating saunas with a large glass area. The stove is located on adjustable legs, capable of holding up to 120 kg of stones. She is narrow but tall.
Beautiful appearance will decorate the interior of the sauna.
- Figaro FG70. This version is made of traditional materials: steel and stone. The heater is high and open, which allows you to quickly fill the room with steam. It can accommodate up to 90 kg of stones, located on the floor. The control panel is located at the bottom of the front side. Its power is 6.8 kW.
- Moderna V45E-1. This model is wall-mounted, has an elegant design and is equipped with an electronic control unit. It is designed for medium sized steam rooms, where it can freely accommodate from 2 to 6 people. Its power is 4.5 kW with a fairly compact size. The manufacturer offers this model in three colors: platinum, black, titanium.
Harvia sauna stoves are in demand due to excellent quality, wide range and stylish design. Many buyers of brand products mark the opportunity to choose a model for every taste and color.
The manufacturer uses only high-grade steel in the manufacture of heaters, equips them with various functions. A wide range of modifications allows each customer to find the best option depending on the size and interior of the steam room, as well as personal preferences.
In addition to positive reviews, on the Internet there are also non-forest comments. They mainly concern the installation of the stove, as well as components. If you need to replace any element, then you need to look for it in the company's assortment, because elements from other companies will not work with Harvia heaters.
It is necessary to be very careful with the equipment, because metal rods can cause severe burns. Many recommend further use of a protective screen.
How to make a stove for a bath with your own hands, learn from the following video.