Stoves for bath Gefest: the pros and cons
- Advantages and disadvantages
- Varieties and popular models
- PB 00 M AND 000 M
- PB 01
- PB 02
- PB 03
- PB 04
Cast iron stoves for the bath have a high demand, as they have good thermal conductivity and for a long time maintain a high level of temperature in the room. In comparison with metal counterparts, they last longer and are more convenient to use.
One of the best companies producing iron bath stoves is the domestic company Gefest, which focuses on the high quality of its products and their practicality.
In this article, we will look at the features and advantages of the brand’s products, review the popular models and give useful tips on installing and operating stoves for a bath.
The company Gefest is considered one of the best among domestic enterprises. For many years, the brand produces electric and gas stoves, air purifiers and many models of built-in appliances for homes and villas. Stoves for the Russian bath of this company occupy a leading position in their niche.
The units have a high level of thermal conductivity and are manufactured using a special casting technology, with the help of which the base of the initial product is of optimum quality without any damage.
Sauna Gefest stoves are available in two versions: with a coil lining and with a grid for stone laying.
All units are made of fire-resistant materials and resistant to corrosion, fungus or mechanical damage.
Advantages and disadvantages
Gefest sauna stoves have a lot of advantages. The special device allows the stoves to heat the room to the required temperature in the shortest possible time. At the maximum rate the level of heating of the housing of the unit reaches 7 thousand degrees, and the smoke reaches 3.5 thousand degrees.
Another advantage is the economical fuel consumption of devices, achieved with the help of a flame arrester. It provides air circulation inside the stove, and does not immediately go to the chimney. The presence of warm air inside the walls of the unit gives it extra heat and retains heat longer.
It is cast iron stoves contribute to the formation of light smoke, which is famous for the Russian bath. This effect is achieved due to the characteristics of the material itself. In comparison with metal counterparts, cast iron has a greater proportion, due to this heat in the bath may linger for more than four hours.
Besides other advantages, Gefest bath stoves have high wear resistance and durability.
The device is resistant to any mechanical damage due to the strength of the material, and high performance improves its service life.
The only disadvantage of domestic producer stoves is their increased cost, but it is absolutely justified by the excellent quality and operability of the units.
Varieties and popular models
Gefest manufactures cast-iron stoves for space heating ranging from 15 to 120 m². In total there are five lines of heaters for the bath: PB 00 M and 000 M, PB 01, PB 03, PB 04 and PB 02.
The first series includes four models of cast iron stoves, which provide heat to rooms ranging from 80 to 120 m². The second also includes four models, however, they are able to heat a steam bath of only 35 m² in size. The third consists of ten models. They heat the bath up to 25 m². The last, but the most popular series, includes four stoves that are able to warm up a room of up to 15 m².
Consider the most popular models of the company Gefest from each line separately.
PB 00 M AND 000 M
This category includes four models with increased power capable of heating a large area.
- PB 00 M. The dimensions of the stove are 117x73x110 centimeters, weight - 700 kilograms. A 35 kW appliance is able to heat a bath up to 80 m² in size.
- PB 00 MS. This model is similar in power to the previous one, however, it has large dimensions and weight. Its size - 117.1 x95 x120 centimeters, and the weight is 720 kilograms. Both units have a 20 cm cross section for the output of the chimney.
- PB MS and M. These units are designed for operation in rooms of 120 m², respectively, have more power - 45 kW. Their weight is 950 kilograms, however, the dimensions are different. The PB MS furnace has dimensions 138x72x110, and PB M has dimensions of 138x92x120 centimeters.
PB 00 M
This series also consists of four models, however, their performance is much lower - 18 kW, but it is enough to heat the sauna with an area of 45 m².
- PB 01 M. This model is made in talcochlorite and has some features in the design, consisting in the non-standard movement of steam. The dimensions of the stove are 71x49.5x88.7 centimeters, and the weight is 350 kilograms.
- PB 01 C. The unit is equipped with a grid heater and has a removable portal, thanks to which the owners are given the opportunity to heat the bathing stove from the next room. The design allows you to extend the furnace tunnel by 11 centimeters, as it has special inserts that come complete with the basic elements. The furnace dimensions are 80x60x96.7 centimeters.
- PB 01 MS. This stove allows in the shortest possible time to heat a large steam room, as it has a niche for a capacity of 300 kilograms of stones.
On both sides of the design, valves are installed to ensure rapid heat transfer.
PB 01 M
PB 01 C
PB 01 MS
The devices of the series are suitable for heating rooms of 35 m². Despite the presence of ten models, only three are in special demand.
- PB 02 M. Due to the design features, this model can heat two rooms - the bath itself and the adjacent room to which the fuel tunnel is led. The unit assumes a full brick finish, mandatory for this furnace. In the basic set also goes and glass door for the furnace, resistant to temperatures up to 1200 degrees. The dimensions of the bath stove are 64.5x45.8x85.5 centimeters.
- PB 02 C. This appliance is equipped with an open type heater. Features of the internal location of the walls contribute to more free convection of warm air between the stones. This significantly increases the heat transfer and provides uniform heating of the steam room.
- PB 02 MS. The unit is great for creating hot air with an increased level of humidity for steam, and for providing completely dry air needed for a sauna. Its proportion is 300 kilograms.
PB 02 M
PB 02 MS
PB 02 C
Sauna stoves of this line are designed for operation in rooms up to 25 m². She, like the previous one, consists of ten models, the most selling of which are several.
- PB 03 M. This unit is able to heat the bath literally in 15-25 minutes. The temperature reaches the maximum level within an hour after the fire. The design of the model is quite simple, which allows the owner to impose its own brick. The dimensions of the furnace are 59x41.8x75.5 centimeters, and the weight is 195 kilograms with an empty box.
- PB 03 C. This device has an open type of mesh stove. Design features allow you to extend the external fuel pipe, which is very convenient and practical. The weight of the bath stove is 205 kilograms. The door of a furnace chamber is completely tight.
- PB 03 MS. The model provides a very fast heating of the room due to the special structure of the heater. The minimum weight of the loaded stones is 200 kilograms, after which the weight of the product will be 400 kilograms. The size of the stove is similar to the previous one and is 70x50x85.5 centimeters.
PB 03 M
PB 03 C
PB 03 MS
The most popular series is Gefest PB 04. All models are designed for use in baths up to 15 m² in size, as is known, this is the most frequently encountered size of such a room in the open spaces of Russia.
- PB 04 M. A wood stove with a closed heater can warm both the bath and the adjacent room. It can work in the mode of a bath and a sauna. Pre-unit, working on wood, should be bricked up with bricks. Weight is 110 kilograms.
- PB 04С. The device is equipped with an open stove, its design contributes to the rapid heating of the bath, eliminating the cold zone. The extended combustion chamber allows to warm up and the adjacent room. The channel of the firebox has additional inserts that allow extending it by several centimeters. The weight of the unit with an empty stone box is 125 kilograms.
- PB 04 MS. The model has a built-in steam generator, which ensures the operation of the stove in two modes: a sauna and a sauna. Kamenka has a capacity of 150 kilograms. The weight of the product with a full heater is 270 kg.
PB 04 M
PB 04 MS
After buying a sauna stove, some questions arise regarding the use, the answers to which will be given below.
Gefest furnaces are sold unassembled, which simplifies the delivery process, followed by assembly and installation.
The assembled device can weigh from 100 to 950 kilograms, so it is better to build it directly in the bath, it is advisable to take someone to help, so that the process goes faster.
It should be noted that the design of the units is so simple that it can be mounted independently, without recourse to professionals.
According to the assembly method, all stoves can be divided into two types:
- With facing. For the installation of these models will need to connect with the chimney system and the preparation of a solid surface. This type includes sauna stoves in soap powder, which has healing functions. The manufacturing company provides customers with several lining options that depend on a particular model.
- Brick finish. Models of this type imply facing with bricks. Their body is specially designed for such works. In this case, the appearance depends entirely on the taste preferences of the owner.
The second type of stoves is cheaper, as talc chloride is a rather expensive material.
The device can be lined with both brick and natural stone. When working should take into account some features and recommendations of professionals. The distance between the wall and the convection holes should be at least 55 centimeters.
After the brick facing process is completed, the furnace can be covered with ceramics, tiles, granite or other heat-resistant material.
It is recommended to use mixtures with chamotte clay in the composition, since they provide the best preservation of the furnace. Be sure to follow all requirements in the manufacturer's instructions.
To heat Gefest sauna stoves should be either firewood or special fuel sticks. In no case can not use coal or wood waste. It is recommended to heat the unit with hardwood.
When heated, wood-burning stoves begin to release beneficial substances with the aromatherapy effect. Wood burning stoves contribute to the uniform heating of the bath, which provides comfort and relaxation.
Gefest bath furnace buyers leave fairly positive opinions online, which is another proof of the manufacturer’s good faith.
The units work well and have a long service life. The bath warms up evenly and quickly. Staying in a similar steam room brings a lot of pleasure to the owners. High quality is also noted, as well as the quality of the units, which are able to heat not only the bath itself, but also the adjacent room.
Owners of models with an elongated furnace opening are satisfied with the ability to heat the device while being outside the room. Ovens with a talcloride lining make it even more enjoyable.
The possibility of using certain models in two modes, for the sauna and for the bath, is also noted as a plus. Owners of furnaces intended for facing with bricks are happy to have the opportunity to independently choose the design of the unit and set the tone for the whole interior in the bath.
Among the minuses, some users highlight the high cost of aggregates.
Despite the ease of installation, not all of it runs smoothly, so it's best to call professionals.
Whatever model of Gefest sauna stoves is chosen, in any case, there will be a reliable unit in the steam room that will last for many years.
About the principle of operation of the furnace Gefest for a bath you see from the following video.