What to do with peduncle
Understand that phalaenopsis has faded, can be as the tip of the peduncle. If it is withered, turned yellow, turned black, looks ugly in the photo - then the orchid will not bloom. In this case, the peduncle must be removed.
When working with an orchid, it is important to remember that there are dormant buds hidden behind a special scale. Such kidneys can be up to 4 pieces. If properly care for the flower, the processes can develop, become a flower spike or a baby.
To falaenopsis bloomed again and looked beautiful in the photo, it is recommended to cut the peduncle a couple of centimeters higher than the buds, since the old peduncles slow the development of new ones. However, it is worth remembering that the trimming procedure does not guarantee that the kidneys will definitely wake up.
What to do with the arrow to make kids? To provide the plant with a humid climate, the temperature is about +25 degrees. Then, with high probability, the dendrobium will acquire a baby.
Features further care
After phalaenopsis fade away, many growers cease to care for the plant. As a result, in the spring it does not release flowers. Therefore, the dendrobium requires careful maintenance even when it is in a dormant period.
We also recommend to read: Pots for orchids Fertilizer for orchids Badlands (10 photos) What does baby orchids look like (10 photos)
After the dendrobium ceases to bloom, it should be transplanted into a larger pot. To prevent the roots from rotting, an incision is made in the central part of the tank to drain the liquid.
Transplantation is carried out as follows:
- Dendrobium taken out carefully, in order not to damage the root system, the soil is moistened. If the roots are tangled, they should not be untangled.
- Next, examine the root system. If there is moss on it, it should be removed.
- Roots that have a brown tint are removed.
- Preparing the primer for transplantation. You can make it yourself from pine bark, foam chips, charcoal, leaf soil. Components are taken in equal proportions.
- The resulting mixture is placed in a pot, put drainage, which can be made of brick chips. After the substrate is prepared and laid, an orchid is planted, and the ground is filled up.
Even if the orchid has faded and looks unattractive in the photo, after carrying out the specified works with it, the plant will bloom again. It can happen after 2 months.
How to achieve blooming orchids (video)
We offer you to learn how to choose the right fertilizer for orchids.
What experts say
- If the dendrobium completely dropped the petals and looks bad in the photo, the arrow will begin to fade on its own. You should not interfere in this process, it is better if the orchid blooms in the future on its own.
- When the arrow stops growing, it may increase, but not bloom. Then it should be cut with scissors and a half centimeters above the kidneys.
- After cutting, the arrow can take most of the nutrients that the plant receives, so it should be cut off when the dendrobium is at rest.
- What to do when the flowers stopped forming on the orchid? The only way out is transfer. Some plant varieties can bloom more than once, so epiphytic transplantation after the flowering process is completed is mandatory.
- Dendrobium transplanted at the end of flowering about once every couple of years. This should be done as carefully as possible, taking a too large pot is not recommended.
- The branch with a spike grows up? Then pruning is carried out by half a centimeter from the level of the kidneys. Violation of this rule leads to the fact that the nutrients go into this area, and the rest of the plant will get them less.
- The orchid has blossomed, which means that it is necessary to tackle not only the peduncle, but also the roots. Greenish and whitish roots should be left, and dried and rotted gently removed with a knife. Cutting places are treated with crushed coal.
- Orchid transplantation is extremely cautious, as its roots are easily damaged. The pot must be equipped with a drainage hole for draining water. The flower is placed in the container exactly, in the photo it should look exactly in the center, the ground should be added along the edges. Conduct soil tamping is not necessary, properly positioned flower does not require props, keeps itself in the ground.
- Plant transplantation is carried out after the decomposition of the soil. On average, the soil becomes unusable for 2 years. Two signs will tell that it is time to replace it: the substrate does not dry out for a long time after watering, the pieces of bark in it have decomposed.
How to care for orchids (video)
After the orchid transplant, new flowers form on it. However, do not move phalaenopsis too often - he does not like it. The plant should be protected from pests, the necessary level of lighting, humidity. Orchid prefers pruning transplantation: if you choose pruning, flower stalks will not appear on it. To solve the problem of processing plants should be based on the state of the roots and branches.