Judge for yourself - a refined, full of celebration and natural elegance plant with a rounded shape on a thin stalk. Such beauty will please the eye of both the landlord and his guests. Four rules for creating standard plants and care for them - on.
Rule 1. With or without vaccination - listen to experienced gardeners
The process of forming a stem plant is a rather laborious process. As a rule, it will take a gardener five years to achieve the desired result. How to do it with a vaccine?
The algorithm is not so complicated:
- The first thing is grown shtamb, meaning the stem of the tree itself. This can be either a native column or taken from a larger plant.
- Two years later, the necessary plant can be grafted onto this column. Often, creeping shrubs are grafted onto a shtambe - this is how unusual, beautiful weeping forms are obtained.
Grafting on a die former is an interesting and uncomplicated way. The trees obtained as a result of this method will decorate any garden, they will be beautiful and healthy.
The sun will better fall on the crown, and good lighting, as you know, is the prevention of many plant diseases.
However, you can do without vaccinations. In this case, correct formative pruning will help out. We again grow a shtamb, having previously selected one central shoot (two are possible, of course, and even three woven into a pigtail). Excess branches will be regularly trimmed regularly. This is done more than once a year, and it is not for one that the stem we need is formed. If necessary, the bob is tied to a support. The crown is formed with pinning. This means - pinch the tops of the shoots.
We also recommend to read: Grafting trees. How to plant a seed bonsai; Miniature coniferous plants for the garden. What is standard grade
Some gardeners form a standard plant from an existing adult bush. The method is simple - all the excess is cut off. But you need to do this if you don’t feel sorry for the bush, because the first experience may not be so good. Quite interesting is this tree.
Rule number 2. The most suitable for the formation of standard plants
With a simple pruning you can get a stem plant from:
- Maple Tree
- Bird cherry
- Berry yew
- Privet ordinary
Of course, you can experiment with plants, but these examples will certainly be successful. The formation of such shtambov begins in a period of rapid growth of young seedlings. During the growing season lateral shoots are plucked. Experts claim that the best standard plants are formed from trees / shrubs grown from seeds.
Spiral stump shape (video)
Rule number 3. We do everything consistently
- When you grow a sapling, see that the stem of the plant is strictly vertical, so that there are no so-called ringlets and bends on it.
- If the shoot deviates from the vertical, tie it to a peg. Be sure to remove the side shoots. You can also pinch them after the third sheet, followed by removal in a year.
- In three-four years, a stem will grow in height of one and a half-two meters from seeds. For a year or even two earlier, a stem will grow from young seedlings.
- After mid-April, it is best to vaccinate. To do this, take the stalk with 3-4 buds. After four weeks (or maybe three) on the vaccine that caught on, there will be kidneys. By the fall, they will already be one-year increments.
- Next spring, they will need to be trimmed into several buds in order to branch better. Subsequent care will be the same as for ordinary seedlings.
Consider the second season of vaccination - at this time you will receive an already formed standard seedling.
Rule number 4. Follow the fashion - more miniature boles on the plot
Miniature booms are a trend of garden fashion. But all their beauty will only underline the correctly chosen undergrowth. His task - to hide the soil near the legs. The undergrowth that repeats the color of the leaves or flowers of the standard plant itself looks exquisitely. If it overlaps with the shape of leaflets or inflorescences, there will be an amazing result. This beauty will be a great decoration of the garden.
The role of undergrowth can be performed by decorative mulch. For example, baby, pebbles, gravel.
So, to get a graceful standard plant - a real decoration of the site, you need:
- Choose a young plant with a central direct shoot, remove all the running shoots, tie the stem (stem) to the support;
- Shoots need to be cut until the tree has grown enough and its trunk becomes sufficiently thick;
- The top of the shoot should be cut only when the desired height of the tree has been reached;
- We form a crown gradually: shoots shorten every three to six weeks, because of this new branches will grow. So it will turn out gradually spherical crown.