It is difficult to say which type of protective covering is better. Summer residents quite successfully used as proven traditional burlap or plastic film, and new materials. These include materials made of polypropylene fiber, produced by the “spunbond” technology, which are environmentally friendly lightweight nonwoven materials.
If the plastic film is absolutely air- and moisture-proof, then the spunbond creates the minimum barrier for penetration of necessary light, water and air through its pores.
Plants under it develop in a favorable microclimate, and you can water them right through it.
Technology and application features
Spunbond technology is a method for the production of small-diameter chemical fibers. They are resistant to acids, alkalis, microorganisms and have a small proportion. Here, man-made fibers are usually obtained by extruding (pushing) a polypropylene melt through a multitude of thin capillaries in the spinneret. Being laid in a canvas in a softened state, the threads (fibers) are glued together, and the resulting non-woven fabric, often called spunbond, as the technology of its production.
We also recommend to read: Film for greenhousesArms for a greenhouse Ready for gardening How to make a garden so that weeds do not grow
Usually spunbond for beds sold under these brands:
- Agrospan 17 or Agrospan 30
- AgroSUF 17 or AgroSUF 30
- Lumitex 17 or Lumitex 30
- Lutrasil 17 or Lutrasil 30
Apply spunbond this way. Immediately, as soon as the seedlings are planted or seeds are sown, a roll of covering cloth is unfolded in the garden and sprinkled with earth in several places along the edges. So that the plants do not press down as they grow, the canvas is periodically lifted. Watering the beds and making water-soluble mineral fertilizers directly through agro protection.
Protection of beds
Here cloths with a density from 13 to 30 g / m2 belong.
- They harness the beds as farmers in large areas, and gardeners or gardeners, as the paintings are low prices, and their service life can be several seasons.
- They are the thinnest of all available analogues and serve as a good protection for young plants from heat or cold, including a short-term decrease in temperature to -2 ° C.
- Serve as excellent protection of crops and shoots from birds and insects.
- The structure of the nonwoven fabric is capable of transmitting light, air and moisture, thus creating the required microconditions for the steady growth of plants.
- Agrocoal will provide a bountiful harvest of vegetables, ripening two weeks earlier than usual.
Shelter arc greenhouses and greenhouses
Available under the following brands:
- Agrospan 42 or Agrospan 60
- AgroSUF 42 or AgroSUF 60
- Lumitex 42 or Lumitex 60
- Lutrasil 42 or Lutrasil 60
How to protect plants from wind and frost (video)
The material has the highest density of all existing non-woven agropoloten - 40-60 g / m2.
Usually it is sold under the brands:
- Agrospan 60
- Agril 60
- Lumitex 60
- Lutrasil 60
Covering cloth is used throughout the growing season of fruits. The rolls of the bedspread are rolled out before planting on previously prepared soil and sprinkled with earth in several places along the edges.
In those places where plants are planted, cruciate cuts or round cuts are made.
Use of agromichi
- reduces the amount of watering and evaporation of soil moisture;
- provides fast warming up of the soil and continuous maintenance of the required temperature;
- prevents soil contamination of fruits and berries, prevents rotting and moldy soil and plants;
- limits weed growth, including perennial;
- reduces the amount of herbicides and pesticides.
The soil covered with mulch does not undergo compaction, remains loose while the fruit growing season continues without any additional cultivation. Being left on the soil in winter, mulch serves as a reliable protection for plant roots from freezing. Its black color contributes to the absorption of thermal radiation. For the cultivation of heat-loving melon crops it is very important.
As you could understand, all the numerous trademarks of covering nonwoven spunbod materials have approximately the same properties, but different purpose, determined by their density.
Therefore, choosing such protection for a specific purpose (shelter beds, greenhouses or mulching), pay attention to the two-digit number in the designation of its brand, which represents its "conditional" density.