The first thing that guests see and the owner of the house every day is the entrance hall. So you want it to be bright, with a twist, like the owner himself. But not every apartment has a large room. Small hallways in a modern style - this is the most important thing.
In a small room, every meter should be used rationally.
Features of the design of a small hallway
These include qualities that combine hallways of different styles. Not the same setting or wallpaper, but the principles:
- Cleaning without difficulty, because dirt and dust from the street are brought to this room, which means that it often needs to be cleaned, but out of habit the hall is washed last, without enthusiasm - this means that floor coverings and headsets should be easy to clean;
- Finishing must have moisture resistant properties, especially the floor and the lower part of the walls;
- The material should withstand at the first blow or scratch, as in the subsequent ones - this is necessary, since many heavy and bulky objects are transported through a small hallway;
- Ecological design is a new trend of this year, suitable for the creation of a modern hallway;
- Non-cumbersome designs: they create the effect of lightness in the room;
- Availability of parts that simplify the daily operation of the room.
Open shelves will visually expand the space of a small hallway.
Modern design styles
Designers will help to create a small cozy hallway in accordance with modern requirements. The main thing is that it does not stand out from the general style of the apartment.
Its distinguishing feature is the use of high-quality and natural materials. The presence of forged decor, furniture made of expensive woods is obligatory. The presence of a large mirror with carved frames and paintings to give the design of the palace chic is welcomed.
A huge mirror and white colors will make the interior easier
Colors should be predominantly light. On the floor laid a beautiful tile. Chandelier on the ceiling is framed by stucco. Accents (paintings, frescoes) are highlighted with spot lighting. The main thing is not to overdo it with the details of the decor, so as not to litter the already small space.
In the classic hallway, you can very organically place a modern wardrobe with lighting
For this modern trend is characterized by staining with three colors in the design of the entire design. White or painted milky shades between the rooms are taken as the basis.
Laconicism and simplicity of forms are inherent to the minimalist style of the hallway.
The main characteristics are:
- Selection of color contrast, bright tones;
- The use of bright details of furniture;
- Failure to decor on the walls and floor;
- Installation of necessary furnishing items with straight and geometric lines;
- Mounting a stepped ceiling, but without the use of rounding.
It is very similar to minimalism according to some principles, but the advantage belongs to black, gray and white colors in decoration and furnishing. As well as the use of reflective materials: glass, metal, plastic. As a colorful accent, you can use one piece of furniture in a bright shade.
White walls with wood decoration look great in the hallway, decorated in the style of hi-tech
Important! Be sure to have large mirrors, the photo shows that small hallways in a modern style, they look lighter with them.
Modern design, playing on contrasts of cultures. It combines African motifs and oriental elegance with an emphasis on luxury. Extremely current style for a small corridor.
Art Deco style loves bright colors in the interior.
- Wallpapering bright colors with clear geometric patterns;
- The predominance of bronze, gold, silver paints;
- The use of hieroglyphs, combining them with animal motifs;
- Decorating with figures of fish, animals;
- The presence of chandeliers, mirrors and other items that talk about luxury.
Luxurious chandelier, mirror in gold and glossy natural stone floor in the corridor in the style of art deco
A distinctive feature of modernism is the use of vegetable motifs for the design of interior partitions. It can be wallpaper or drawings painted on painted walls. In the hallway, made in this style is appropriate, the shelves look, you can complement the decor of a small hallway with the help of a floor lamp with elegant lines.
For functionality, you can pick up furniture in the modern style
The main colors are:
- Light shades of pearl,
- Pale lavender,
- Pale pink
- Light olive tone.
Interior hallway can be diluted in a contrasting red
Actively used stained glass or lights. Bulbs should be a lot, as well as light.
Design comes from the French countryside. This style is characterized by the use of pastel colors, natural materials, aged things, flower patterns present on various surfaces, natural fabrics (flax, cotton). It became popular to use white painted boards instead of bottom panels on the walls.
Console tables with open shelves in the hall in Provence style create a romantic atmosphere
Designers recommend using white, black, gray, terracotta and brown as the main colors. It is possible to dilute with more light shades, so as not to narrow down the small hallway. This style is light, not tolerating the use of large quantities of furniture and decor. Things are stored on open shelves. The main thing is the right lighting.
Furniture-transformer perfectly solve the issue of lack of space in a small hallway
The decor of a small hallway should be functional, and the design should be light. For visual expansion will require:
- To focus on light shades, but there are downsides - marcos.
- The use of plain wallpaper. Choosing them, you need to remember that the vertical pattern extends the walls, and the horizontal visually stretches the space.
- To abandon the interior door replacing it with an arch that can visually expand.
- Built-in furniture with mirrors, saving space and due to the refraction of light makes the room more. The sliding wardrobe allows to store all things in one place.
- Stretch ceiling with a glossy finish, built-in lights.
For a visual increase in space, you can use large mirrors from floor to ceiling.
Attention! However, you should not be very zealous with a light tone in the design, bring bright and contrasting elements into the interior.
Narrow entrance hall
Its design is characterized by the use of glossy furniture and warm colors. Be sure to have a mirror. And here it will be appropriate to glue wallpaper with horizontal stripes. It has become popular to mix materials that are different in texture, so the wall can be divided by installing panels that can be easily washed at the bottom.
The narrow hallway can be equipped with a convenient system for storing outerwear and shoes
Angular designs will perfectly fit here, it will allow to place more shelves on a smaller area. Lighting is suitable from the chandelier, as long as it fits stylistically.
For a square hallway, you can order a corner cabinet with open shelves
The choice of materials for finishing
This is not an easy process, as they must be resistant to various influences, as well as fit the requirements of a given style.
Complex designs will not be appropriate in a small room and have already gone out of fashion. An ordinary white, flat ceiling is a new or forgotten transformation. For these purposes, you can use designs of plasterboard and stretch ceilings. The choice depends on the type of lighting.
Smooth white ceiling with classic interior can be equipped with baguettes
In more detail the design of small hallways can be seen in the photo below.
Recent trends are:
- Modern design solutions allow dividing walls not only by color, but also by texture, which allows us to expand the boundaries of materials choice. The bottom can be decorated with panels that are easy to clean, and paint at the top.
- Wallpapers are still in demand, so in 2017 it is important to glue non-woven, acrylic, glass wall paper. It is beautiful, practical, because the surface can be washed.
- And it is also important to paint the walls in a single color, while highlighting one of them with an elaborate pattern or another shade. It may differ in texture.
- You can attach the panels of wood below, especially well combined with concrete or brick walls. Organic look with Provencal style.
Wallpaper with a vertical pattern will make the ceilings above the hallway
The general characteristics above are mostly related to flooring. It must withstand moisture, dirt and mechanical damage. Actually:
- Using tiles or ceramics imitating stone. The material is durable, easy to maintain, combines with others, for example, with wood.
- Laminate flooring. Simple in operation, withstands the effects of microclimate characteristic of small hallways.
- The use of a combination method when a tile is placed at the entrance, and any other covering in the rest of the space.
- ZD-pictures as a modern trend in the design of the floor. This option is suitable for fans of all innovative.
The tile looks very impressive in the interior of the hallway and is easy to clean.
Furniture for small hallways
Without these items, the storage of outer clothing, shoes, umbrellas and other necessary trifles will become penal servitude. For small hallways, you need to choose modern, functional and non-bulky furniture.
Decorative hangers and narrow, low cabinets are very functional and add the individuality of the hallway.
If you are not planning to use a closet, the replacement can be a bench with space for storing shoes under it, as well as soft seats. But when even this item has nowhere to put, you have to think about the number of hangers. And you can also install mezzanines under the ceiling, for storing the necessary, but infrequently used things. A narrow hallway has room for hooks on the wall for storing sports equipment (bicycle).
Today, the stylish solution is light furniture in the hallway. Natural materials are often recommended, but plastic, fiberboard or MDF structures have not gone out of fashion. The main thing is not to overdo it with color and make some blotches of dark colors. Whether shelf or chair.
The decor and lighting of the small hallway
The hallways in the apartments do not have natural light, so you have to create quite artificial with the help of:
- Wall lights;
- Mirror lights;
- Spotlights mounted in ceiling structures.
Note! It is not recommended to use floor lights in small hallways.
The decor in this room is not always appropriate for small dimensions, but here you can get out. As it can be lighting. In the hall, decorated in a modern style, there should always be a mirror, because it can also be advantageously beaten. As well as the decoration can be a color scheme on the walls or on one, interesting hangers, or a beautiful chair.
From the foregoing it follows that the modern hallway should be not cluttered and well lit. Decorative things to use in moderation, and in some styles do without them. And do not be afraid to mix designs that are similar in principles. From this builds the individuality of each hallway.