Sliding wardrobes for outerwear appeared at the end of the 20th century, quickly gaining popularity in the interiors of hallways. Such furniture is different spaciousness, aesthetic appearance and compactness, despite the size. The compartment cabinets can easily fit into a niche or be placed in the entire wall. Due to the sliding doors, such furniture takes up less space, which is important if there is not enough space in the hallway.
What to store
Even in a small closet you can put a lot of things, thanks to the variety of internal departments with shelves. Filling the cabinet is chosen independently in the manufacture of furniture to order, to determine the size of niches, drawers, shelves, as well as the appearance.
Standard "stuffing" closet for outerwear:
- Shoe shelves of different designs from retractable or side to multi-tiered;
- Adjustable rods for hangers, allowing you to change their height;
- Baskets, nets, linen shelves, scarves, gloves, toys, etc .;
- Holders for belts, ties, trousers;
- Boxes, divided into several small compartments for storing small items - watches, jewelry, accessories.
Options for configurations of internal filling set. That is what makes closets so comfortable and roomy.
Types of design wardrobes
Any cabinets in the hallway are divided according to the type of construction on the case, built-in and semi-built. Built-in furniture is often cheaper in terms of material consumption, since there is no need for a back wall with sidewalls, however, the final price is higher due to custom work by individual measures. Each type of cabinet has pros and cons, which further affect the final choice of furniture for the hallway.
These are fully equipped wardrobes; due to their impressive size, they often become a central element of the interior. Body compartments are easy to install, without requiring a perfectly flat floor and walls. If necessary, cabinet cabinets can be easily disassembled and re-assembled when moving. Finished models are affordable, but to order such furniture is more expensive because of the high consumption of materials.
Important! In case cabinets smaller capacity at a higher price in contrast to analogs.
With less consumption of materials, this version of the closet is roomy enough and also more convenient for the price. Often it is built into a niche, so there are no gaps between the walls and ceilings, and of the details we need only shelves and doors. This wardrobe allows the most practical approach to the design of the interior hallway. The built-in model is convenient if you need a dressing room for outerwear. However, these cabinets have drawbacks:
- Long complex installation;
- Lack of mobility.
The latter strongly interferes with the move, a wardrobe made to specific measures may simply not fit into the new interior.
This model combines the qualities of the two previous ones. Externally, the cabinet is slightly different from the built-in, but it does not have a lower and upper base, as well as a side wall. In fact, these are just doors that separate the corridor section, which significantly reduces the cost of such a cabinet. But such cabinets need to be precisely adjusted to the parameters of the corridor, driving to the side walls, floor and ceiling.
The shape of the headset is largely dependent on the layout of the hallway. The most popular are direct and angular variants, however, there are also trapezoidal and radial cabinets.
This option is great for an angular hallway of any size, as it requires two free adjacent walls. In fact, these are two separate modules connected to each other by an end element. Collecting corner cabinets is difficult and expensive, but they fit well into small rooms, where you can’t put straight compartments.
Such a cabinet requires space. Trapezoidal headsets are roomy enough, they are well suited as walk-in closets. Often they are complemented by external open shelves on which you can place various small things and just beautiful knick-knacks.
The most popular option for the interior hallway or living room. This wardrobe is roomy, and due to the various internal filling it can hold any items from clothes and shoes to home appliances. The massive design softens the simplicity of the lines and design. As a rule, the main decoration is the decoration of the sash - mirrors, painting, photo printing.
Like corner cabinets, such models require a free corner, but the facade is not concave inward, but rather a circle. The doors move not from side to side, but along the radius, hence the name - radius cupboard. Such furniture is made only from high quality materials, which greatly affects the price. Radial cabinets do not need additional decoration, they themselves look luxurious in the interior hallway.
Important! Unlike corner or straight models, radial cabinets do not have mirrored sashes, so you should think in advance about the place for the mirror in the hallway.
There is no single option for filling the cabinet for a hallway or its dimensions and configuration. Furniture should be selected in accordance with their needs and features of the hall. Here are some helpful tips:
- The standard depth of the cabinet, in which outerwear is placed on the hangers, is 60 cm, but it should be borne in mind that about 10 cm falls on
- Roller system, so you need to choose a little deeper - at least 65 cm;
- It will be much more convenient if the number of sliding doors coincides with the number of vertical compartments, then it will be possible to open each department separately;
- If the doors are very wide, it is better to place a large compartment in the center of the closet for clothes;
- The width of the drawers should already be frame, otherwise they will not open, with the exception of the wardrobe with four doors;
- To make it convenient to use drawers, you should choose fully retractable mechanisms, their work is smooth and quiet, and the system itself is more durable;
- If the shelves are very wide (80 cm and more), be sure to provide partitions below them, otherwise they will sag under the weight of things;
- The same applies to the long rod for outerwear, for structural strength, it must have a vertically fixed metal bolt;
- Selecting various accessories (laundry baskets, shoemakers, tie-sleeves, etc.), you should look at them exactly according to the size of the wardrobe;
- Outside, on the outer visor of the cabinet, you can mount the backlight, which allows you to evenly illuminate all the contents.
In addition, a closet for outerwear must match the interior of the hallway. Material, color, finish - all this should be in harmony with other objects.
Sliding wardrobe is an indispensable thing for a modern hallway. Due to the variety of sizes and configurations, it can fit even in small rooms. Despite the compactness of a number of models, they are roomy enough to keep the hallway in order.