The decor of the hallway forms the first impression about the interior of the apartment, the character of the owners. This room should look attractive and welcoming. At the same time, the furniture installed in the hallway should be not only beautiful, but also functional. In the corridor it is imperative to arrange storage space for outerwear and shoes. The rational option is to install a galoshnitsa for shoes in the hall.
What is a galoshnitsa?
The galoshnitsa (obuvnitsa) is the modern furniture intended for storage of footwear, its protection against dust, light, deformation. The main features of the tally: compact size, shallow depth. In order for the shoes inside to occupy a minimum of space, the shelves in the shoebox most often are angled.
Before purchasing a galoshnitsy need to decide on:
- Coloring so that it is combined with other elements of the interior;
- It was sized to fit the necessary amount of shoes in it, and it left enough space for free movement along the corridor.
If the hallway is decorated in a dark range, a light-colored galoshnica will make the interior brighter and more comfortable. A white galley box in the hallway can complement an ensemble of other furniture, such as a wardrobe, or become an interior highlight. The obuvnitsa of dark color will beautifully look in a spacious hall.
Types of galoshnits
There are two types of galoshnits:
- Open. It does not interfere with the free passage of air, due to which the shoe dries quickly. In an open hat for shoes in the hallway does not start the mold, does not form an unpleasant smell.
- Closed. It protects shoes from dust, hides from prying eyes, as well as from children and animals.
Tip! You can purchase a rotating shoe opener. This design looks original, but the strength and durability is no different.
Some models of galoshnits provided special pallets for dirty or wet shoes. They will protect the floor from moisture.
Standard and narrow galoshnits
In the majority of galoshnits shoes placed horizontally. Since the shoe retains its shape, it is not deformed, but the furniture at the same time takes up a lot of space. A galoshnit, in which shoes are installed vertically, not on the entire sole, but only on the toes, occupies a minimum of space. Such a narrow shoes for shoes in the hallway is ideal for homes with a small area.
A standard size shoe cabinet takes about 40 cm. The depth of a narrow galoshnitsa in the hallway is about 20 cm. It will not litter the corridor, it will fit a large amount of shoes.
When choosing a taller it is necessary to find out what material they are made of. The choice of material depends on the budget allocated for the purchase of furniture, interior style, own preferences.
Obuvnitsa made of natural wood, looks cozy, luxurious, respectable. It is massive and solid, fits perfectly into the interior, decorated in the style of classicism, Provence or country. The wooden galoshnitsa, due to its overall dimensions, is more suitable for spacious hallways of private houses.
Galoshnits of such breeds of a tree are made: alder, oak, beech, nut. The disadvantages of furniture made of natural wood can be attributed to the high price and low moisture resistance. On the wooden surface you can install only dry shoes. It is possible to increase the level of moisture resistance of a wooden surface by treating it with a special water-repellent compound.
Chipboard and MDF
Furniture made of chipboard and MDF have an affordable price. Plates on top are laminated or veneered. Laminated surface is wear-resistant, not afraid of mechanical damage, moisture. Veneered surface - high-quality imitation of natural wood. Often, only a professional can reveal the difference between veneered MDF and solid wood. Veneered furniture, unlike laminated, under the influence of moisture can crack and lose an attractive appearance. Furniture made of laminated chipboard is not afraid of moisture, and all dirt from its surface is easily erased with a sponge with a mild detergent.
Tip! If you install a light mobile chest of drawers on wheels, you can regularly clean the floor under it.
Plastic shoeboxes are very popular because of their practicality. They are cheap, they are not afraid of moisture, they are easily washed from dirt. Plastic products are not durable and reliable, so they can easily break. The plastic teddy-bag of bright color will decorate the interior in modern style. It can be of any color and with any pattern.
Glass shoebox - a stylish option. Transparent surface transmits light, so that such furniture looks lightweight, weightless. It seems that the shoes located on the glass shelves are floating in the air. This galoshnitsa successfully fit into the modern interior of high-tech style.
Glass is not the most practical material. To keep the surface of the shelves beautiful, you will have to wash and polish it often. In addition, if the shoebox is made of thick glass - it will be heavy, difficult to move, and if it is made of thin glass, it will be fragile.
Stone or brick
Shoe shelves made of brick or natural stone are hard to find for sale. They are made to order and are very expensive. Such furniture takes up a lot of space, therefore it is recommended for installation in hallways with a large area. Brick teddy can be a continuation of the wall with brickwork. Shelves made of stone or brick fit perfectly into the interior style loft.
Woven galoshnits can be made of rattan, leaves of banana, bamboo, willow, algae, water hyacinth and some other materials. Such furniture is completely eco-friendly, provides natural ventilation of the shoes placed on it, gives a unique feeling of unity with nature. It does not require special care and due to its low weight can be easily transferred. The disadvantages of wicker furniture: fear of high humidity and drying out in the sun.
Rattan or other wicker furniture will look inappropriate in the corridor, devoid of stylistic load. Woven galoshnitsa beautifully fit into the hall eco-style, country, rustic.
Attention! It is recommended to buy a galoshnitsa with solid shelves, so that the heels of shoes do not get stuck in the holes and do not break.
Shod obuvnitsa looks elegant, and besides, it is durable. To protect the metal from corrosion and rust, it should be periodically tinted. One of the drawbacks of such furniture - thin sheets of iron can easily be deformed.
The advantages of metal shoes for shoes in the hallway include: durability, no blotting and rotting. In addition, metal absorbs odors less than plastic or wood.
Tip! If you choose a metal structure with movable shelves, it will be possible to change their height in order to put on high boots or galoshes.
Types of galoshnits
Today, furniture developers produce galoshnits in many versions:
- Cupboard. If the dimensions of the hallway permit, a whole closet is provided for the storage of shoes. This option is suitable for large families. The wardrobe will accommodate shoes for all seasons of the year, and in addition, skis, roller skates, skates, and more. It is recommended to equip a cabinet with mirror doors. Firstly, the reflective surface will make the hallway visually larger and lighter, and secondly, it will provide an opportunity to look at yourself from head to toe, fix hair and make-up before leaving the house.
- Chest of drawers. Installing a dresser for shoes is an elegant but impractical solution. It will be bulky and not very roomy.
- Pencil case. Looks elegant and easy. It is tall, flat, perfect for lightweight summer shoes. Boots on a large platform, heels or boots may not fit.
- Tumba Usually has a small size, suitable for storing seasonal shoes. Often, these cabinets are equipped with a seat, which makes the shoeing process more comfortable. In addition, the cabinets can have an extra drawer for umbrellas, sunglasses and other accessories. The cabinet can be installed on the floor or mounted to the wall. Below you can see a photo of a tally for shoes with a seat.
- Whatnot. Lightweight, compact, comfortable, suitable for corridors with a small area or for small families, as it can accommodate only seasonal shoes.
- Shelves. They practically do not occupy the useful space of the room, but they do not suit every interior. Shelves with shoes do not look comfortable and can create the atmosphere of a shoe store.
- Suspended construction. It can be attached to the wall or the inside of the door.
Galoshnitsa their own hands
To make a galoshnitsa for shoes in the hallway with your own hands, you do not need to have special skills. Only desire, imagination and free time is needed. There are several options for creating a simple shoemaker:
- Take a few wooden boxes. They are painted in the color you like, and after drying they are set on each other and sealed together. You can use one old box rack.
- The pallet is taken, varnished, and after drying it is vertically attached to the hay. Shoes put in the slot.
- A soft organizer bag is sewn and attached to the wall. Light summer shoes can be put into it: flip flops, sandals, ballet flats, sandals, sneakers.
Galoshnitsa - a functional piece of furniture. It makes the hallway comfortable and cozy, allows you to restore order. Properly chosen galoshnitsa will fit perfectly into the interior of the hallway, will not clutter the space, will become a roomy and convenient storage for shoes.