The benefits of using agrofibre
The main problems in growing strawberries are as follows:
- the constant overgrowing of inter-row weeds;
- numerous strawberry whiskers making it difficult to take care of plants and harvest;
- slugs and ants.
Also, strawberries grow poorly with insufficient soil moisture. But when overwetting tender berries in contact with the ground, can rot. Strawberry is a rather heat-loving plant. With little snow and cold winters there is a high risk of freezing.
They tried to cope with these problems with the help of original forms of the beds, the use of chemicals or the breeding of varieties of non-strawberry, but all of them have significant drawbacks. Planting strawberries on agrofibre has become a universal solution.
The advantages of this technology of growing berries are as follows:
- grown berries are environmentally friendly, because weeds do not grow under the film and there is no need to use herbicides;
- berries are not in contact with the ground, so they will be clean and will not rot, the entire grown crop will fall on the table;
- under the agrofiber, the soil will remain wet longer, while the outer surface of the coating will be completely dry, which contributes to a significant reduction in the number of slugs;
- strawberries under the agrofiber easily tolerate frosts, its root system does not suffer;
- care for such beds will be much easier, because there will be practically no weeds and entrenched "whiskers".
Agrofibre perfectly passes water, the soil under it does not moldy and is not compacted. This environmentally friendly and completely safe for plants and people coverage allows you to maintain optimal air and water regime of the soil, significantly reducing the amount of watering. The use of agrofibre for mulching requires additional costs, but this coating can be used for several years.
Planting strawberries on agrofibre (video)
Device beds for "lazy"
For the device beds need agrofibre, strawberry seedlings, shovel, knife, wire to secure the coating. The area of agrofibre should coincide with the size of the future beds.
Landing is performed in the following order:
Caring for such a strawberry bed requires a minimum of effort.
In order for the strawberry under the agrofiber to give a high yield, it is necessary to produce regular watering, fertilizing with soluble fertilizers, as well as the removal of dry foliage and mustache in the autumn.
Planting strawberry seedlings (video)
Gallery: planting strawberries on agrofibre (15 photos)