According to the description, Ratunda pepper is highly resistant to diseases, has a long shelf life and good yields. Vegetable is similar in color to the Bulgarian pepper, but differs in shape.
Characteristics of Ratunda pepper varieties
The grade of pepper Ratunda differs in good productivity. In the first 2 years of their life, gardeners recommend collecting fruits that have not yet reached the stage (with a characteristic brown tinge), allowing them to reach maturity in a storage facility with a moderate temperature.
In order for the seeds to grow, they adhere to a temperature regime of 20 ° C. Ratunda refers to the mid-season form of peppers. From the moment of planting to the gathering of fruits, it takes about 4 months.
Description of Ratunda pepper:
- good yield;
- demanding seeds to high temperature;
- long storage;
- a small degree of damage during transportation;
- low calorific value;
- high content of nutrients.
A distinctive feature of Ratunda - unpretentiousness in the choice of neighbors. It can grow unhindered alongside bitter varieties, but due to excessive pollination, a hybrid with sharp fruits can be obtained.
Description of the bush
According to the description, the variety is a short, compact plant, germinates in the form of a bush, whose height can reach 60 cm.
The plant has an oblong, thick stem and elongated leaves of a rounded shape. The bush does not need props, but requires high rates of soil fertility.
Description of the fetus
The fruits of Ratunda are slightly flattened and have an unusual rounded shape, which slightly resembles a pumpkin. Immature vegetables have a green color, and fruits that have reached ripeness have a deep red tint.
The walls are quite fleshy, their thickness can reach 8 mm or more. Fruits have a ribbed surface.
The vegetable has a fairly large weight - 150-180 g. In addition to red, yellow and green, there are fruits of pink and purple flowers. Gentle and sweet pulp makes them an excellent ingredient for a large number of dishes.
Pepper planted only seedlings
Growing culture occurs seedling method. Sowing seeds begin in late February, the soil for this variety should be fertile, well absorbed and pass moisture.
Soil and Seed Preparation
For good growth, seedlings make a soil supplement before planting: they mix manure, earth and river sand. Landing usually begins in early summer, after spring frosts. For disinfection, the seeds are kept in a weak manganese solution for about 15 minutes before planting.
Seedlings are watered exclusively with heated water and as the soil dries. When the first leaves appear on the processes, they dive into large pots, but be careful, because the roots of young plants are easily damaged.
To grow Ratunda pepper, they begin to prepare the soil a year before planting. Up to 10 kg of fertilizer per 1 m². In spring, add 40 g of saltpeter to the soil surface. If the plant lacks phosphorus, the fruit will slow down and ripen unevenly.
Ratunda belongs to undersized varieties of Bulgarian pepper, therefore 6 shoots with an interval of 30 cm and a distance of 75 cm between rows should be planted per 1 m².
Growing crops depends on compliance with the basic rules of care:
- Watering. Irrigation of vegetables is carried out only under the root and pre-heated water. In the event of a shortage of water, the plant discards the formed ovaries, with excessive watering begins to hurt.
- Soil mulching. Loosening can easily damage the roots on the surface of the soil, therefore, perform mulching. When mulching, the roots of pepper remain intact, air exchange is preserved in the ground.
- Garter. To avoid breaking the branches, they are tied up.
It is necessary to attract pollinators to the site. This should be done during the flowering of the bush by spraying it with sugar solution. Also excellent result give fertilizing organic fertilizers.
Compliance with and compliance with all the rules of care will allow you to get a quality crop from the plant.
Diseases to which Ratunda pepper is prone:
- Fusarium Sudden changes in temperature and excess moisture can cause fusarium disease. With the defeat of this disease, the leaves quickly fade and acquire a light yellow color. Shrubs prone to disease, it is impossible to save - they are removed, and the soil is treated with a mixture of manganese. For the surviving bushes establish a favorable temperature and reduce the number of waterings. Also, for the purpose of prophylaxis, the plant is treated with special preparations.
- Wet rot. Initially, it is a small-sized spot, which subsequently spreads and occupies almost the entire surface of the fetus. Infection occurs through seedlings, soil or water. The vegetable skin dries, it becomes soft and watery. In order to prevent the plant is sprayed with a solution of copper sulphate.
- Stolbur. With the defeat of this disease, the leaves begin to fade and curl. Growth stops, mature fruits become concave. The disease is carried by mites and aphids. In order to get rid of the disease, the infected fruits are completely destroyed, and further disinfection of seedlings and seeds is carried out before planting.
Harvest pepper RatundakaKAKI PEPPER select? GRADE KOLOBOK. Review of Olga Chernova. WHICH PEPPER TO CHOOSE? GROSS GOGOSHAR OLYKA. Review of Olga Chernova. WHICH PEPPER TO CHOOSE? VARIETY OF GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY. Review of Olga Chernova.
The most dangerous insects are slug, aphid and wireworm. The first pest is slug. The insect eats leaves and fruits, and also provokes rotting. Loosening the soil helps to resist the insect.
Aphid settles on the leaves, so that they twist and fade. She spoils the crop and drinks the juice of the plant. To combat aphids, bushes are treated with a solution of ash and liquid soap.
The wireworm is a larva with a yellow-brown color and a solid torso. The larva eats roots and causes significant harm to the fruit, can live in the soil for several years. To get rid of the pest, you should carry out a deep digging of the earth, as a result, the wire will die from the cold.