Features of facing mosaic in the interior
Many seek to make housing a cozy place to relax family members, friends and acquaintances. Unusual attractive interior of the house should cause delight, surprise, uniqueness. If you do not know which interior will suit you the most, show your imagination to make your cherished dream a reality.
Photo: mosaic decoration of the bar and walls in the kitchen
The market of finishing materials never ceases to amaze buyers with the variety, quality, functionality, beauty. Thanks to natural materials, it is possible to create a unique interior design.
Mosaic as a finishing material appeared a long time ago. If we consider the technology of its calculations, we can safely say that it originated in ancient China and Egypt, from which a kind of mosaic decor came.
Mosaic in the interior is considered an indicator of prosperity and well-being. Currently, for the manufacture of mosaics using marble, natural stone, smalt. The naturalness of raw materials is more and more welcomed, but not everyone can afford such luxury due to the high cost of materials.
In order to meet the needs of the average owners of modern homes, manufacturers have developed counterparts imitating natural materials that are in no way inferior to natural raw materials. They are also moisture resistant, durable, resistant to high temperature conditions.
Mosaic in the interior is classified into the following types:
- glass (one of the most popular types, characterized by low cost and diverse design, among which are matte, gold, transparent, platinum, silver shades with and without additional decorations). It is possible to create original colors using appropriate foil layers. This type of mosaic is resistant to the environment, high humidity, high temperatures, aggressive detergents. It differs from other types of mosaic frost resistance, durability, heat resistance. Suitable for kitchen, bathroom, fireplace, countertops, floors, partitions.
Photo: a combination of the colors of the dishes and the working apron
Photo: glass mosaic worktop finish
Tip: When purchasing a glass mosaic as a floor covering, pay attention to the slip coefficient. In order not to slide on the floor, select the mosaic tiles with the minimum value of the slip coefficient. For bathrooms and bathrooms, purchase a mosaic with a maximum slip coefficient, because in these rooms there is the possibility of a wet floor.
- ceramic (produced according to two technologies: like ceramic tiles and cut sheets of porcelain stoneware). The main task in the decoration of ornaments is the gradual alternation of matte-glossy zones of various tones. The features of this type of tile are increased strength and resistance to water. This makes it possible to use a mosaic in the form of decorative accents and panels in the interiors of various rooms.
- stone (elite type of mosaic). It has several varieties: from lapis lazuli, jasper, marble, travertine. This type of mosaic can be decorated: stairs, countertops, pool, kitchen walls, bathroom, bathroom, hallway, floor in the hall. Often used for finishing steps, design of entrances, door and window openings, facades.
- smalt mosaic (the most expensive type, but at the same time, high-quality and practical). In appearance, the smalt mosaic in the interior looks like smooth glass. The color palette is saturated, bright. Shades of a mosaic possess effect of a luminescence. Such a mosaic is suitable for the decoration of interior surfaces, including often loaded spaces.
Photo: small mosaic
- metal mosaic (popular in the decoration of the walls). It is made in brass and stainless forms attached to a base made of plastic. It has a different surface. Used as decorative inserts. Mosaic tiles have a different shape: oval, rhombic, rectangular, square.
Photo: finishing the working apron with a metal mosaic
The size of the mosaic and methods of its installation
Mosaic is available in the form of individual fragments of various shapes and sizes. This is an important detail in the decoration. To lay out a mosaic of high quality, it is better to assemble it into the necessary matrix.
The inner side of the mosaic tiles are attached to each other to the grid or a special film. On the shelves of supermarkets you can find ready-made matrices and panels. In online stores you can order mosaic compositions for interiors based on photos of desired designs.
Fitted mosaic butt. Fastened with special glue bases and pastes for grouting. The popularity of the mosaic does not go out of fashion, because the beauty of its coverage, resistance to external influences, durability make it indispensable in places where there are irregularities, drops, and the ends of the surfaces.
In the kitchen, it is better to use a mosaic made from ceramic of matte shades or a plate mosaic. Perhaps both joint and separate combination of several types of mosaics, creating an original attractive interior.
The mosaic finish is ideal for large, spacious kitchen areas. It can be used as a working material for the wall, worktop countertops, as well as decorating parts. For miniature rooms, creating bright accents of the working surface of the wall is suitable. The variety of color palette is not the limit.
Tip: multicolored mosaic is also perfect for spectacular decoration with furniture patterns, for example, the backs of chairs in the living room, cabinets, the surface of shelves, and coasters in the kitchen.
When deciding whether to make a mosaic in a house or not, pay attention to its cost, which is determined depending on the naturalness of the materials, their quality, quantity, and special coating.
Once you decide to lay out mosaic tile yourself, you can successfully save money on hiring finishing specialists, performing the work itself, and materials for repair. Otherwise, the arrangement of the apartment will be expensive, especially if you hire professionals.
Photo: decorating with mosaic furniture
Unconventional mosaic decoration in the interior
Non-standard finish is considered to be porcelain. It is an inexpensive material that is much stronger than ceramics.
Also in the interiors are used multicolored mosaic glass and aventurine pieces. They are recommended to be used for the decoration of the plinth, table top, window sill.
The main feature of sheet mosaic is the difference of materials for its manufacture. Sheet mosaic in the interior is somewhat similar to the well-known tile, but it looks different. Fastened to a mesh base, easily cut, processed, laid out.
Photo: Sheet mosaic laying sequence
The most expensive diamond mosaic. Diamond pieces are used as a stylish, elegant, original decoration in the design.
With the help of diamond trim manages to create stunning decor elements. Sets of this type of mosaic contain a detailed pattern-canvas for laying with step-by-step photos, glue base, decorating rhinestones, trowel paste, tweezers, fragments of the mosaic packaged in separate bags.
The whole process of laying out mosaics, despite the complexity of matching, will not take long. The only thing that is required of the owners is patience, perseverance, caution and accuracy.
It is enough to slowly "put" the mosaic fragments on glue in a checkerboard pattern or in a row. In addition to the sparkling interior, the design is distinguished by creativity, creativity, elegance. Mosaic decoration of the home can later become a hobby for creative individuals or their professional activities.