How to choose a modular picture for the interior?
The final touch of each interior are various decorative elements. It can be vases, figurines, pads, panels. Perhaps, modular pictures in an interior are considered as one of the most original ornaments. Decorating the walls with interior paintings is an indispensable element of modern fashion. They decorate almost all the rooms in the house or apartment, premises in the office.
Features of modular pictures
A modular (segmented) picture is one canvas, divided into several parts, which are a continuation of each other and constitute a single image. This is a kind of modern art. There are the following types of such paintings:
- diptych - a picture divided into two parts;
- triptych - in three parts;
- Penaptych - in five parts;
- polyptych - in six or more parts.
Tip: choose a segmented canvas for the interior of your living room, consisting of five or more parts, arrange them at some distance from each other, this will make the room more original and attractive.
The fragments of such canvases do not have the usual frames, which makes the image on them more airy and easier to read.
Merging into a single whole, the image in the picture even at a remote distance looks three-dimensional, it charges with its energy, dynamics, creates for the person the effect of belonging to what is happening on the canvas.
They write such paintings with acrylic or oil paints. There is also a budget option, printed on canvas.
The image on the canvas is divided in any direction. It can be four squares, stripes, vertical or horizontal, or even fragments divided diagonally. Details do not have to be a regular geometric shape, it can be clusters of figures with edges protruding behind each other, united by a common pattern, harmoniously fitting into the style of a particular room.
There are no size limits for segmented canvases. They are selected in accordance with the parameters of the wall on which they should be placed. But designers do not recommend choosing canvases with small fragments, the smallest size of one of the sides of the segment should be at least 30 cm. The standard size of the segments is as follows: height - 0.8-1.2 m, width - 1.2-1.7 m Such parameters are very convenient for interior decoration of residential premises, restaurants, cafes, halls of public organizations, etc.
The cost of modular canvases is quite high. But today, many companies offer exclusive segmented paintings made with high-quality printing equipment. They fit the interior design of any room and are much cheaper than hand-made canvases.
Modular paintings in the interior is an ideal option for decorating walls in offices, private restaurants, hotels. With their help, you can save on wall paintings and services of highly paid designers. Thanks to such canvases, the rooms look original and beautiful.
Photo: modular and simple paintings in the dining room interior
Modular paintings in the interior of the house or apartment
When choosing a modular picture for the interior of any room, you must remember that the color of the canvas must match the color scheme of the entire room. It is important to pay attention to the subject of the image. Of course, when decorating an interior of a house or an apartment, it is better to use the help of a professional designer, but his services are not cheap.
Specialists in interior design recommend choosing the following points when choosing segmented canvas for residential premises:
- choose paintings for the interior of the hallway and the corridor with clear and precise subjects that are easy to read and do not require a long study;
- canvases made in soothing colors are ideal for a bedroom, it can be images with delicate flowers, landscapes in pastel colors, lyric portraits, such canvases help to relax after a hard day’s work;
Photos: Images with delicate flowers will help you relax after a hard day’s work.
- quite simple images would suit a children's room, they could, for example, contain animal figures that are painted in different shades of the same color prevailing in the interior of the room, or for the child’s room, you can choose segments that are simply painted in different colors but harmoniously fit into the overall color design;
Tip: For older kids' rooms, use a selection of personal photos, they must be designed in the same style and made on canvas, or images of idols or photos on sports topics.
Photo: a modular picture of a sports theme will fit perfectly into the interior of a room for a boy
Photo: a selection of personal photos taken in the same style
- for the living room interior they choose the brightest and most original modular canvases with a large number of parts (the more segments, the more interesting the room looks), in this room it is not necessary to adhere to the correct geometric shapes and snapping to one color scale, it is enough that only a few elements in the picture will be match the overall color of the room or individual decorative elements;
- for the kitchen, the ideal option is a canvas depicting fruit or vegetables, flowers or landscapes.
Tip: place the modular picture on a separate wall, above the bed or sofa, or decorate the wall with it from the ceiling to the floor, so the room will look more original.
When interior design segmented canvas guided by personal preferences. Such a picture can act as a link in the interior, built on contrast, or become bright accents, creating the mood of the room.
Modular pictures are not only a unique interior decoration, but also a bright and interesting gift that can be presented to your family and friends.
We advise you to read: fashionable and stylish interiors 2016 (photos)