When entering the apartment or house, guests first of all see the hallway in front of them. Its interior can tell a lot about the owners. Therefore, the design of the hallway should provide every little thing. One of the main elements of the interior corridor can be called a mirror. It is able to decorate the room and visually resize it. In order to attract only positive energy into the house, it is recommended to install a mirror according to Feng Shui in the hallway.
According to Feng Shui mirror in the hallway is best placed on the wall at an angle of 90 degrees to the front door
Types of mirrors
By the way of installation of the mirror are divided into:
- Outdoor. They occupy the free space of the floor, so they are not suitable for small hallways. They are equipped with a frame and stand. The latter allows you to change the angle of the reflective surface.
- Wall mounted on the wall. They can be in a frame or without it, small or in size, corresponding to human growth. If the reflective surface is small and hangs at eye level, under it you can attach a shelf for perfumes, hairbrushes and other small items.
Wall mounted mirror in the hallway
Tip! To give a special charm to the interior, you can use the backlight of the mirror surface of the LED strip or small lamps.
Lights above the mirror in the hallway
By the way of orientation in space, mirror surfaces can be divided into:
- Horizontal - visually they make the walls longer, and the corridor itself is correspondingly larger;
- Vertical - visually raise the ceiling. They are often set to the full height.
The vertical arrangement of the mirror in the corridor expands the space
Tip! Mirror wall is ideal for small hallways. It will create the illusion of a large room.
The shape of the mirror are divided into:
- Rectangular is the most common and versatile option, suitable for all interior styles;
- Round - these give the interior a special charm, especially impressively look in the hallways, decorated in an extravagant style, but are also suitable for the classics;
- Irregular shape.
Rectangular mirror above the dresser in the living room
Lovers of all non-standard and creative fit mirrors of irregular shape: in the form of a butterfly, an animal, a flower, a heart, a strange geometric figure. Two small round black-frame mirrored objects will look original, forming together a combination of sunglasses, or many small reflective surfaces that form the sun and rays together, a fan, an imprint of a dog's paw, and more.
Round mirror in the corridor, placed by Feng Shui
Tip! You can effectively highlight the interior of the hallway using a mirrored ceiling. For this purpose, a special tile is attached to the ceiling.
Mirror ceiling in the interior of a spacious hallway
Use of mirrored furniture in the corridor
Many owners prefer to install in the hallway is not a separate reflective object, and combined with furniture:
- Sliding wardrobe with mirrored doors. Such furniture looks compact and stylish.
- Chest of drawers with a mirror. On the surface of the dresser, you can leave lipstick or a comb, so that before leaving you can quickly bring marafet. Inside the chest fit shoes, umbrellas, etc. Another version of the furniture - the mirror. Looks elegant and refined. Bottom boxes can be occupied with cosmetics, accessories (hats, glasses, umbrellas and other things) or shoe polish products.
- Mirror cabinet. Such a wall cabinet with a reflective surface will seem inconspicuous and almost weightless. The original alternative to the wall cabinet is a floor chest of drawers covered with reflective plates. It seems to dissolve in the hallway, turning into a mirage object.
The mirror surface of the doors of the wardrobe compartment in the hallway
Mirrors in different styles of interior
The choice of the shape and frame of the reflective surface for the hallway depends on the style of the interior.
The mirror should be massive, oval-shaped, with a frame decorated with intricate ornate ornaments. The pattern on the frame must be associated with mythology or vegetation. If the reflecting element of the interior is on the floor, then it must have bent legs in bronze.
Massive luxurious mirror in the style of "Baroque" for the hallway
This style involves the use of a large number of mirrors. All of them should have massive frames made of mahogany and bronze. They are decorated with curlicues, gilding.
Empire style mirror in the hallway looks very elegant
For this style the mirror surface of a rectangular shape with a laconic golden frame will suit. Below you can see a photo of the design of a large mirror in the hallway in a classic style.
Modern classics in the hallway with a huge mirror
The mirror looks easy, elegant, has smooth outlines, bends. It is edged with a frame of precious wood, decorated with floral ornaments.
The mirror of the modern style should be a strict geometric shape, edged with a strict laconic metal frame or not at all. No decorations and smooth lines should not be.
Feng Shui Mirror Location
According to the Chinese sages, the flows of positive energy, which is called Qi, enter the house through the front door and hallway. So that they do not leave this dwelling, and spread through all the rooms, you should create a favorable environment in the hallway: widen the passage, install bright lights, hang amulets and put the mirror correctly.
Since ancient times, the mirror was considered a mystical object in many cultures. He pays great attention to the teachings of Feng Shui. Competent placement of reflective elements in the home will not allow the spread of negative energy produced by people who envy or hate any family member.
Opposite the door or window
For feng shui to have a mirror in the hallway opposite the front door is considered a very unfortunate option. Positive energy, getting into the apartment and, being reflected, goes back out the door. In such a situation, quarrels can start at home, mood can deteriorate with its inhabitants, and their well-being may deteriorate.
Even if you do not take into account the principles of Feng Shui, a mirror installed in front of the door will create an unpleasant impression, annoying. But hang a reflecting element on the inside of the door - a good idea.
If the corridor is small and the wall opposite the door is located at a distance of just a couple of meters, then Qi energy will not be able to get into the territory of the rest of the house. It will rest against the wall and stop half way. In such a situation, in front of the door you still have to install a mirror surface. It is necessary to arrange it so that it reflects not the front door, but, for example, the talisman music of the wind, hung over the door. Installing a reflective element in front of the window is also not recommended. All the well-being and success will leave this house through the window.
Perpendicular to the door
An ideal place to place a mirror in Feng Shui is a wall located perpendicular to the wall with an entrance door.
It is desirable that the reflective surface was large, full-length person. So at home there will be wealth, and working family members will expect career growth. Otherwise, parts of the body that are not reflected may be sore.
What should be located opposite the mirror
It is believed that reflective objects are doubled. Therefore, in front of the mirror, it is recommended to weigh or place beautiful objects that carry a positive charge:
- Paintings: works of art of great artists, their reproductions or simply nice looking landscapes;
- Family photos that capture the happy moments of life;
- Pots with live plants, beautiful fragrant flowers - a reflection of nature creates a favorable atmosphere in the apartment;
- Talismans - if at home there is not enough love, luck or money, you can purchase the appropriate talisman and hang it in front of the mirror.
Chinese sages categorically do not recommend positioning mirrors opposite each other. The resulting mirror corridor will create an outflow of positive energy.
Before you hang a mirror in the hallway, you should familiarize yourself with the advice of Feng Shui professionals:
- The mystical reflective object must be cleaned regularly so that it does not distort the reflection of positive energy. Dirt and stains can cause disease. For the same reason it is not recommended to purchase mirrors with inscriptions or engravings.
- You can not keep at home broken items, especially mirrors. The presence of the slightest defect (chip or scratch) - a reason to throw it.
- You can not keep at home mirrors that previously belonged to someone. The reflecting object carries the energy of its former owners, it may be negative.
When decorating the interior of the corridor in a classic style, it is not necessary to install a genuine antique mirror. To avoid the appearance in the house of someone else's energy can buy a completely new reflecting object, artificially aged or framed with a real old frame.
Thinking through the design of the hallway with reflective objects you need to show a sense of proportion. You should not turn the room into the looking glass, this situation will quickly tire, it will only cause confusion and negative emotions of others. The mirror should be an ornament, contribute to the creation of a refined interior. Installing a mirror in the hallway of Feng Shui will bring good luck and well-being into the house.