The first room that everyone sees entering the apartment sees is the entrance hall. It should please the eyes of the guests, immerse them in a friendly atmosphere. The owners of the hallway should be associated with home comfort, peace and rest from a busy day. Responsible approach to the design of this room will create a harmonious interior, as in the photo. It is possible to issue a hall in the apartment in the different ways. The main thing is to create comfortable conditions in it and not overload it with details.
The hallway is a high-traffic area, so special requirements are placed on the finishing materials. They must be reliable, practical and, if necessary, easy to repair. Photos of the hallway can be seen below.
For the walls of the hallway in the apartment suitable colors that expand the space. Universal version - white color. For lovers of a warm range, these colors are suitable: peach, pale pink, vanilla, light yellow. People who prefer cold colors may choose a light blue, pistachio or mint color for the walls.
To decorate the walls of the hallway and the corridor, you can choose one of these wall coverings:
This is the traditional version. The most wear-resistant - vinyl wallpaper. They are dense, hide small irregularities on the walls, are not afraid of moisture, but do not let the air through. For the walls of the corridor also fit non-woven, liquid, metallized, glass wall.
Tip! Wallpapers with large contrasting patterns are suitable only for a large corridor. The walls of the small hallway can be decorated with small dim pattern.
You can easily install them yourself and replace one of them if damaged. The panels are easy to clean, look respectable, have a large variety of colors and textures. They are made of different materials: natural wood, fiberboard, chipboard, MDF, PVC, plasterboard, plastic, glass. The main disadvantage is that they occupy several centimeters of usable space.
Decorative plaster is an eco-friendly material that allows you to create a unique design. It has a wide choice of colors, can imitate other materials.
If the hallway is spacious, the ceiling can be distinguished by a bright color: green, blue, red. For a small room, only a bright ceiling is recommended.
For decoration of the ceiling in the hallway in the apartment use:
- Aqueous emulsion or acrylic paint. It is inexpensive and easy to apply. The surface of the ceiling before painting should be leveled with plaster and primed. Any irregularities of the ceiling after painting will be clearly visible.
- Suspended construction, often multilevel. It is made of drywall, you can install it yourself, does not require pre-alignment of the walls. Multilevel ceiling looks beautiful, but it is suitable only for corridors with high ceilings, as drywall steals space.
- Tension construction. Stretch ceiling of the shiny film looks spectacular, it makes the corridor lighter and more visually. The disadvantages are the high price and the need for installation by professionals.
- PVC plates. They are cheap, simply and quickly glued.
In the corridor, the floor is most subject to wear. It gets dirt, dust, moisture, it is often subjected to cleaning with cleaning agents. For the hallway floor suitable materials such as:
You can lay a classic tile or more durable porcelain stoneware. The tile is not afraid of moisture, damage from the claws of animals, it is easy to clean, compatible with a warm floor system. For the corridor, you can choose tiles of any color, there are models that imitate marble, stone or wood.
Natural wood looks gorgeous and cozy. It is recommended to lay oak parquet - hard wood, characterized by durability and resistance to abrasion. The main drawback of the parquet is the high price.
Laminate - durable and durable material, produced in a wide variety of colors and shades. Laminated boards that imitate parquet look good. The quality of the laminate is not much different from natural wood, but it is much cheaper.
Furniture for the hallway in the apartment
Furnishing the corridor with furniture, you must adhere to the principle of minimalism. It is necessary to abandon the massive furniture in favor of a more compact.
To store clothes, shoes and accessories you can install the following furniture:
- Hooks. They practically do not take up space, do not catch the eye. Household clothes hanging on hooks may not look very aesthetic, it is better to hide them behind the cabinet doors. On the hooks, you can hang the outerwear of the guests who entered the apartment for a short time.
- Cabinet with open or closed shelves. It usually stores shoes.
- Shelves. They can be placed perfume, keys, comb or decor. Mirror shelves look beautiful and simple.
- Sliding wardrobe - the most popular piece of furniture for the corridor. It saves space, holds many things and looks stylish. To visually expand the space of the hallway, purchased a wardrobe with mirrored doors. Having a large furniture with a reflective surface in the room, you can do without a separate mirror.
For a small hallway, the installation of a built-in closet, the size from floor to ceiling is recommended. This is a practical solution: the lack of a back wall will increase the capacity of the cabinet, and dust will not accumulate on its top. Depending on the shape of the hallway, the cabinet model is selected: straight or angular.
To make it convenient to dress and wear in the hallway, it is recommended to install at least a small ottoman, chair or stool. If there is enough space in the corridor, you can install a bench, a banquette or a sofa bed.
Practical and beautiful option for the hallway - ottoman. This is a small sofa without back and armrests. Well, if the ottoman will be built boxes for various accessories, such as brushes and creams for shoes, gloves, umbrellas and other things.
Usually hallways in the apartments do not have windows, so in order for the corridor not to be dark, it is necessary to install sources of artificial light. The correct placement of luminaires can drastically change the perception of a room: fill the corridor with light, visually make it more voluminous, place accents on separate zones. Below you can see the photo design lighting design in the hallway.
In the hallway is not recommended to install a large ceiling chandelier. It weights the interior and visually reduces the free space. It is better to mount small spotlights around the perimeter of the ceiling.
Tip! The light switch must be placed at the front door in order to use it easily when entering the hallway.
The wall lights installed along the entire corridor look good. Depending on the style of the interior, they can be located on the same level, symmetrically or zigzag, with asymmetry. How to make lighting a narrow hallway in the apartment, shown in the photo.
Decorative elements can complement the interior of the room or become its accents. If the owner wants to pay all attention to the decor, then the finishing of the room should serve only as a background and not attract close attention.
To decorate the corridor, you can use these items:
- Bright decorative pillows on the sofa, if any;
- Table lamps of unusual shape;
- Pictures and photographs: they give an interior an individuality; for photographs, you can give one of the walls, hanging them on one level or in a chaotic way;
- Mirrors: these are functional and at the same time beautiful elements of the interior. You can draw attention to the mirror by making an author's frame for it, and you can use any materials during the manufacture: beads, sequins, bright cloth, plant stems, colored paper and others;
- Carpet: must be made of practical materials that are easy to clean.
Many owners do not know how to arrange a small hall in the apartment beautifully, as in the photo. To do this, you need to choose practical finishing materials, choose and properly arrange compact furniture and decorate the room with expensive items or objects made with your own hands. This interior hallway will impress all guests and create a positive image of the apartment as a whole.