In August, all forces are focused on the collection and processing of the crop, but we should not forget about garden plants. They often need your help at this time. And the Lunar calendar for gardeners and gardeners for August 2018 will help to plan their work effectively.
Phases of the Moon in August 2018
|Moon Phase Calendar August 2018 |
|mon ||Tue ||wed ||wh ||Fri ||Sat ||the sun |
| || ||one || 2 ||3 ||four ||five |
|6 ||7 ||eight ||9 ||ten ||eleven ||12 |
|13 ||14 ||15 ||sixteen ||17 ||18 ||nineteen |
|20 ||21 ||22 ||23 ||24 ||25 ||26 |
|27 ||28 ||29 ||thirty ||31 || || |
|. || The moon decreases from August 1 to 10 |
|. || New Moon - August 11 |
|. || The moon grows from 12 to 25 August |
|. || Full Moon - August 26 |
| || The moon decreases again from August 27 to August 31 |
Favorable landing days in August 2018
The table shows the most favorable days for sowing seeds.
|culture ||days favorable for sowing seeds ||culture ||days favorable for sowing seeds |
|cucumbers ||8, 9, 16, 17, 18, ||tomatoes ||8, 9, 16, 17, 18, 27, 28 |
|eggplants || 8, 9, 16, 17, 18, 27, 28 ||radish ||1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 27, 28, 31 |
|Sweet pepper ||8, 9, 16, 17, 18, 27, 28 ||bitter pepper ||16, 17, 18, 27, 28 |
|bow ||4, 5, 8, 9, 14, 21, 22, 23 ||potatoes ||1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 27, 28, 31 |
|garlic ||8, 9, 21, 22, 23, 27, 28 ||carrot ||1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 27, 28, 31 |
|cabbage ||1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 16, 17, 18, ||different greens ||1, 8, 9, 16, 17, 18, 31 |
Favorable days for planting and planting flowers
| Annual flowers || 6, 7, 8, 9, 13, 16, 17, 18 |
| Biennial and Perennial Flowers || 4, 5, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 31 |
| Bulb and tuberous flowers || 1, 4, 5, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 27, 28, 31 |
The most suitable days for planting strawberries
|Strawberry wild-strawberry ||1, 6, 7, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 22, 23, 31 |
Unfavorable days for planting and sowing seeds.
|Forbidden days for planting in August 2018 ||10, 11, 12, 26 |
Attention! The table shows the most favorable days for planting and sowing seeds, but this does not mean at all that it is not possible to plant on other days. Do not plant anything only on prohibited days.
Lunar sowing calendar for August 2018 gardeners and gardeners (table)
The table shows the phases of the moon, its position in the signs of the zodiac and the recommended work for gardeners - gardeners - gardeners for each day of the month.
|date ||Moon in zodiac signs ||Recommended work |
|August 1, 2018 Wednesday ||Waning Moon in Pisces || |
- Pisces is a fertile sign of the Zodiac (Liszt Days). The lunar calendar of gardeners recommends:
- In the garden - planting potatoes, sowing radishes, daikon, cucumbers for growing in the greenhouse. Sowing in a kohlrabi bed, cauliflower for growing in the fall. Re-sowing leafy vegetable crops.
- Flower bed - an auspicious day for planting tuber and bulbous flowers.
- In the garden - grafting, budding, cutting of raspberry seedlings, planting strawberry whiskers. Organic dressing and watering in very moderate quantities.
- It is not recommended to prune the plants and treat them from diseases and pests.
- Blanks - juices, jam, jam, pickles, but not canning. Leaves of medicinal plants.
|August 2, 2018, Thursday ||Waning Moon in Aries || |
- Aries - inferior zodiac sign (Days of the Fetus)
- In the garden - an unfavorable day for planting and planting. Harvesting garlic, early potatoes. Loosening of dry land, hilling, thinning of seedlings. Pest and disease treatment
- In the garden - collecting fruit is not for storage, mowing the lawn, cutting off the raspberries that have been harvested and overgrown trees.
- Not recommended - replant, water and feed the plants. Cut, pinch, rooting.
- Blanks - drying, freezing. Collection of seeds and fruits of medicinal plants.
|August 3, 2018, Friday ||Waning Moon in Aries |
|August 4, 2018 Saturday ||Third Quarter Moon in Taurus || |
- Taurus - a fertile sign of the Zodiac (Days of the Root) Calendar gardeners, gardeners, gardeners recommends:
- In the garden - sowing radish, daikon, radish and other root crops. Do not sow, plant on seeds. Organic top dressing, soil digging, composting. Pinching, shaping, picking seedlings, watering. Weeding
- Flower Garden - an auspicious day for planting perennial and bulbous flowers.
- In the garden - the fight against pests and diseases. You can trim trees: pinch the tops of annual shoots to inhibit growth. Fertilization.
- Not recommended - transplant plants.
- Blanks - digging up the roots of medicinal herbs, canning vegetables and fruits, freezing, sauerkraut.
|August 5, 2018 Sunday ||Waning Moon in Taurus |
|August 6, 2018, Monday ||The waning moon in gemini || |
- Gemini - Unproductive Zodiac Sign (Days of the Flower)
- In the garden - cleaning potatoes, picking vegetable plants to inhibit growth. Sowing root parsley, celery, carrots, radishes and other root vegetables. Hilling, soil digging, loosening of dry land. Fertilizer preparation. Pest and disease control. Collection of seeds and testes.
- Flower Garden - planting ampelous flowers.
- In the garden - harvesting (well kept), planting strawberries, lawn mowing, pinching annual shoots of trees and shrubs for better ripening of wood.
- Blanks - drying, canning, sauerkraut, harvesting juices and wine. Collection of seeds of medicinal plants.
|August 7, 2018 Tuesday ||The waning moon in gemini |
| August 8, 2018 Wednesday ||Waning Moon in Cancer || |
- Cancer is the most fertile sign of the zodiac (Liszt Days). The lunar sowing calendar advises:
- In the garden - planting and transplanting seedlings of tomato and cucumber into the greenhouse. Sowing parsley root, radish, radish, lettuce, spinach. Watering, organic dressing, pest and disease control.
- Flower garden - good days for planting annual flowers.
- In the garden - budding, preparation of holes for planting trees. Do not put the fruit in storage. Composting, mineral and organic fertilizing
- It is not recommended to prune trees and shrubs, apply pesticides, remove potatoes for storage.
- Blanks - salting, wine, juices, urinating apples, pickled cabbage. Preparation of leaves of medicinal plants
|August 9, 2018 th Thursday ||Waning Moon in Cancer |
|August 10, 2018, Friday ||Waning Moon in Leo ||The lunar sowing calendar of gardeners and gardeners for August 2018 does not recommend working with plants in the new moon period. |
|August 11, 2018 Saturday ||New Moon Moon in Leo |
|August 12, 2018 Sunday ||Growing Moon in Virgo |
|August 13, 2018, Monday ||Growing Moon in Virgo || |
- Virgo - the sign of the average fertility zodiac (Days of the Root)
- In the garden - pinching the tops of tomatoes, peppers). Harvesting for storage. Sowing dill, fennel, valerian. Thinning seedlings. Mineral dressing, watering.
- Flower Garden - an auspicious day for planting annual flowers, dividing and transplanting perennials.
- In the garden - planting strawberries, do not collect fruit for storage. You can cut off extra branches of trees and shrubs.
- Not recommended - soak the seeds.
- Blanks - freezing, it is not recommended to make jam, preserve with hermetic closure. Preparation of roots of medicinal plants.
|August 14, 2018 Tuesday ||Growing Moon in Libra || |
- Libra - the sign of the average fertility of the Zodiac (Days of Flower)
- In the garden - sowing radish, daikon, lettuce, dill. Cultivation of land, preparation of beds for winter crops. Pinching tomatoes, pepper, eggplant to inhibit growth. Harvesting potatoes for storage. Plant nutrition, watering, loosening
- Flower Garden - good days for planting bulbous flowers and roses. Rooting cuttings.
- In the garden - planting strawberries, green manure crops, forming pruning, planting container trees. Site preparation for planting raspberries. Not recommended - to plant, spray trees.
- Blanks - flowers of medicinal plants.
|August 15, 2018 Wednesday ||Growing Moon in Libra |
|August 16, 2018 th Thursday ||Growing Moon in Scorpio || |
- Scorpio - a fertile sign of the Zodiac (Days of Leaf) Planting calendar for gardeners and gardeners recommends:
- In the garden - sowing cucumbers, kohlrabi, cauliflower for seedlings for growing in the greenhouse. Sowing lettuce leaf, planting onions on the feather, parsley leaf, dill. Watering, loosening. It is not recommended to grow roots. Sowing sideratov on vacant beds.
- Flower Garden - favorable days for planting any flowers: annual, perennial, bulbous bulbs, roses.
- In the garden - potassium phosphate dressing. Inoculation of seed trees, lawn mowing, Planting strawberries.
- Not recommended - the division of roots and tubers, pruning, digging potatoes.
- Blanks - freezing, picking and drying herbs. Wine, juices.
|August 17, 2018, Friday ||Growing Moon in Scorpio |
|August 18, 2018 Saturday ||First Quarter Moon in Scorpio |
|August 19, 2018 Sunday ||Growing Moon in Sagittarius || |
- Sagittarius - Unproductive Zodiac Sign (Days of the Fetus)
- In the garden - the harvest. Sowing on seedlings for kohlrabi greenhouse, cauliflower. Do not sow salads. Seed collection. Do not treat plants with damage to the aerial part: wounds do not heal. Postpone weeding (weeds will grow), hilling.
- Flower garden - good days for planting climbers.
- In the garden - planting strawberries, picking fruits for freezing, pruning dry branches, sprouts, mustache strawberries.
- Not recommended - prune plants. Watering is not effective.
- Blanks - juices, jam, freezing, canning, pickling, pickled cabbage, picking fruits and seeds of medicinal plants.
|August 20, 2018, Monday ||Growing Moon in Sagittarius |
|August 21, 2018, Tuesday ||Growing Moon in Capricorn || |
- Capricorn - the sign of the medium fertility Zodiac (Days of the Root)
- In the garden - planting root crops and onions, planting cucumber seedlings in the greenhouse, sowing seedlings for cultivation in the autumn greenhouse. Sowing green onions on the feather. Mineral top dressing of root crops. Watering, protection from diseases and pests
- Flower Garden - planting, transplanting perennial flowers.
- In the garden - pinching the tops of the shoots for better aging. Planting strawberries, container trees, shrubs. Budding of seed trees. Treatments for diseases and pests.
- Not recommended - to injure the roots of plants.
- Blanks - juices, preserves, jam, freezing. Salting, sauerkraut, drying. The roots of medicinal plants.
|August 22, 2018 wednesday ||Growing Moon in Capricorn |
|August 23, 2018 th Thursday ||Growing Moon in Capricorn |
|August 24, 2018, Friday ||Growing Moon in Aquarius || |
- Aquarius - the inferior zodiac sign (Days of the Flower)
- In the garden - unfavorable days for planting and planting. Weeding and thinning seedlings, plowing, loosening. You can pinch, pinch. Digging onions-batuna, chives for forcing greens. Harvesting potatoes.
- In the garden - collecting fruits for storage. Spraying against pests and diseases, trimming mustache from strawberries.
- It is not recommended to plant and replant plants, water and feed them.
- Blanks - collecting flowers of medicinal herbs, preparing juices, jams, jams, canning vegetables and fruits.
|August 25, 2018 Saturday ||Growing Moon in Aquarius |
|August 26, 2018 Sunday ||Full Moon Pisces Moon || |
Lunar sowing calendar for August 2018, gardeners and gardeners do not recommend working with plants in the full moon.
|August 27, 2018, Monday ||Waning Moon in Pisces || |
- Pisces is a fertile sign of the zodiac (Leaf Days)
- In the garden - an auspicious day for planting most vegetable plants. Sowing radish, transplanting asparagus seedlings to a permanent place. Mineral top dressing. Watering, planting sideratov on the freed beds.
- Flower Garden - Planting Bulbs
- In the garden - phosphorus-potassium dressing, examination of budding. Harvesting and rooting cuttings, preparation of planting holes for planting trees.
- It is not recommended to engage in pruning and process plants from diseases and pests.
- Blanks - juices, jam, jam, drying, but not canning with hermetic closures. It is not recommended to collect herbs and fruits, seeds.
|August 28, 2018 Tuesday ||Waning Moon in Pisces |
|August 29, 2018 wednesday ||Waning Moon in Aries || |
- Aries - inferior zodiac sign (Days of the Fetus)
- In the garden - collecting seed plants and seeds. Landings and transplants are not recommended. Digging of the released beds, loosening of dry land, hilling, weeding. Collection of root crops is not for storage. Pest and disease control. Thinning seedlings.
- In the garden - feeding trees and shrubs. Lawn mowing, overgrowing, sanitary pruning. Pest and disease treatment
- Not recommended - pinching, picking, transplanting, rooting and watering.
- Billets - collecting fruits and seeds of medicinal plants, drying, freezing.
|August 30, 2018 th Thursday ||Waning Moon in Aries |
|August 31, 2018 Friday ||Waning Moon in Taurus || |
- Taurus - the fertile sign of the Zodiac (Days of the Root) The lunar landing calendar recommends:
- In the garden - the preparation of beds for the wintering of the winter. Transplanting root greens in pots for growing on the windowsill. Application of organic fertilizers to the released beds, digging, watering, loosening, composting
- Flower Garden - an auspicious day for planting perennial and bulbous flowers.
- In the garden - planting strawberries, container plants, combating pests and diseases, mowing the lawn, removing overgrowths, unnecessary branches.
- Not recommended - to injure the roots of plants.
- Blanks - canning, pickling, pickling cabbage, drying, harvesting juices, roots of medicinal plants.
What crops can be planted in August
To choose crops for re-sowing, you need to consider for which potatoes, carrots are considered good predecessors, and already among them choose those that will have time to form a crop before the end of the season, i.e. 2-2.5 months.
So, the potato is considered a good predecessor of peas, cabbage, onion, root vegetables, cucumbers, pumpkin, dill, beans, garlic. The pumpkin on this plot can be sown next year, garlic should be planted in mid-October, onions, and root vegetables - in November or early spring.
But early-ripened cucumbers can be sown, if it is possible to cover them with non-woven fabric or film as early as September, in order to protect them from nighttime temperatures and frosts that may occur in late September. But you shouldn’t hope for a big harvest: late-summer sowing cucumbers are quickly affected by powdery mildew.
It is quite possible to get a harvest of cabbage - Peking, kohlrabi, pak choi, especially since these crops continue to grow after the first frost: the temperature drops to minus 4 they are not afraid.
Beijing and Chinese cabbages are early ripening. After being sown in mid-August right into the ground, early varieties can produce a crop in a month or two, i.e. at the end of September or mid-October you will have juicy pak-choi peaches, loose cabbages or Peking cabbage on the table.
Of course, provided that the plants will be provided with good care. Late summer planting for cabbage is even preferable to early spring: the plants will grow in more favorable cool conditions. And a short day is only for the benefit - holds back premature flowering.
- They dig up the soil for cabbage on a spade bayonet, having previously brought in a bucket of organic matter — compost or humus.
- Sowing furrows are made in a bed in 30-35 cm, they are well spilled with water (preferably in several stages, giving water to be absorbed after each watering).
- Seeds are laid in the grooves after 8-10 cm.
- After sowing, the bed should preferably be covered with a thin non-woven fabric.
If you lay it on the arc, do not have to shoot after the emergence of shoots. Such a simple shelter is a good protection from the sun, which is still aggressive in August, and from a cruciferous flea adoring young leaves of all cruciferous cultures. If there is no possibility to cover the bed, seedlings immediately powder with wood ash (all from the same cruciferous flea).
But if slugs have multiplied and fattened on your plot by the fall, it is better to refuse sowing both Peking and Chinese cabbage. The loose cabbages of Peking cabbage do not leave slugs even for a day: between the leaves it is both moist and nourishing. Kohlrabi mollusks will harm less. Only sow need early varieties. Middle and late will not have time to form stebleplody.
Freed after the potato beds should be enough for crops and other crops. You can, for example, sow early varieties of sugar peas. He will still have time to harvest the pods. In addition, peas - a great predecessor for most garden crops. Before sowing for 12 hours, peas are soaked, changing water several times during this time. They are sown in well-moistened grooves to a depth of 4 cm. A row from the row is placed after 20 cm, peas are laid out in 5 grooves in the grooves.
Great care peas will not require. After the emergence of shoots it is watered once a week, loosened after each watering. In the autumn season and this minimum will correct the rains, cool weather. At the end of the season, the pea stalks are cut and laid in the compost, and the roots are dug up.
Beans in the middle of August can also be sown, but as a siderata, since it will not have time to create a crop.
If you like leafy vegetables, it is worth sowing lettuce, ruklu and (of course!) - dill. Sowing spinach can be postponed for a month. In the fall, you will not get a harvest, but in the spring spinach, after overwintering, will yield a very early harvest.
Former carrot beds can be given to radishes or early varieties of daikon. In general, the daikon should have been sown a little earlier, but if the fall is long, the roots will have time to grow to the average size of the variety before November. But the cruciferous flea daikon late-summer crops less annoying. Yes, and watering daikon accounts for much less than when sown in mid-July or early August.
Before sowing daikon, the beds are made up to a bucket of organics per square meter. m (compost, humus) and dig up shovels on a bayonet. Grooves are made 60 cm apart, they are well shed and seeds are sown. Shoots thinned out, leaving 5 plants per linear meter. In thick crops, roots are dramatically different in size, more flowering plants are formed.
Continuing the theme:Calendar of garden works of gardeners, gardeners, flower growers. August at the cottage. view calendar ⇒The following lunar sowing calendar for September 2018 see ⇒