Liquid wallpaper in the hallway looks impressive not only in the photo, but in real life. This material is suitable for the hallway due to its functionality. They have a rich palette, high strength and resistance to fading. Due to the good density with the help of a liquid coating it is possible to even out minor defects of walls.
Liquid wallpaper can complement any interior hallway
What are liquid wallpaper
There is no big difference between plaster and liquid wallpaper. According to some masters, liquid wallpaper is one of the types of decorative plaster. Others believe that the mixture successfully combines the properties of both plaster and ordinary wallpaper made of paper. Be that as it may, one thing is clear: to put an equal sign between these two concepts is impossible. Materials differ not only in texture, but also in the method of application.
One way to apply liquid wallpaper
Liquid wallpaper consists of glue and cellulose fiber. Depending on the design, silk and cotton, various dyes and relief fillers - chips, sand, granules, mica, etc. can be added to the mixture.
Two-tone liquid wallpaper in the interior of the corridor
It is the composition and affects the decor of the wallpaper. Colors, texture, drawing - due to their diversity, the liquid mixture can be used for finishing the premises for any purpose, be it an office, residential apartment or a public place.
Liquid wallpaper lilac color in the interior of the hallway
To uniquely decide for yourself whether to use such material when finishing the corridor in the apartment, you need to compare the advantages and disadvantages. What is the difference between liquid wallpaper roll analogs and other finishing materials?
Beige liquid wallpaper in the hallway interior
Here are the main advantages of liquid wallpaper for the corridor:
- Resistance to low temperatures, which allows them to be used not only in city apartments, but also in country houses without heating;
- The dye does not fade under the influence of ultraviolet radiation;
- The mixture aligns the walls, filling in small cracks, cavities, etc;
- Simplicity when drawing and dismantle;
- Improves sound and heat insulation of walls in the house;
- As part of only environmentally friendly hypoallergenic materials that are safe for the health of households;
- Easy to wash without accumulating dirt and dust on it;
- Do not allow moisture and do not accumulate it, are not susceptible to the appearance of mold;
- The ability to use on any surfaces and walls with different designs - inside niches, on ledges, columns, arches, etc.
Liquid wallpaper helps to create a sleek interior
Important! With all its advantages, liquid wallpaper can not hide serious defects of the walls, so before choosing a finishing material should carefully inspect the surface. If the irregularities are significant, it will be necessary to pre-level the walls with plasterboard or plaster.
Making the corridor with liquid wallpaper gray and beige tint
The cons of liquid wallpaper in the interior of the hallway is not so much and the advantages clearly outweigh the disadvantages. However, choosing this material, you should consider them:
- Despite the fact that liquid wallpaper does not accumulate moisture, they are afraid of water, and therefore unsuitable for rooms with high humidity. However, thanks to this property, if necessary, they are easy to remove from the walls.
- Wallpapers can not be washed, just clean with a vacuum cleaner or a normal dry cloth. For this reason, they are not suitable for kitchen space.
- At cost more than conventional wallpaper coatings.
Drawing "Yin and Yang" in the interior of the hallway using liquid wallpaper
At first glance, cleaning liquid wallpaper is difficult - the water washes them away. If there is a stain on the wall that cannot be removed with a dry cloth, you can apply a little liquid mixture by painting over the contaminated area. Only places that are constantly polluted can cause inconvenience.
Elegance of the interior gives the picture of flowers on the liquid wallpaper
Like rolled wallpaper, liquid blends differ in a great variety of shades and textures. In the interior of one hallway, you can combine different types of mixtures, creating whole artistic compositions. Liquid wallpaper can really paint on the wall like paint. This effect is difficult to achieve using conventional rolled coatings. So, what kind of liquid wallpaper for the hallway is better?
Luxury interior corridor created using liquid wallpaper
The composition of decorative mixtures are divided into several types:
- Cellulose. Made on the basis of plain paper, so quickly get dirty, sensitive to moisture and steam. This material is not suitable for a hallway due to its low performance.
- Silk. The mixture consists of paper and silk fibers. This coating is more durable, but sensitive to any effects.
- Textured with the addition of stone chips. The most resistant material and best suited for finishing the corridor. However, textured wallpaper has a drawback - their price.
- Combined blends. In fact, it is a simple white mass, to which any necessary ingredients are added, including dyes, of their own accord.
Silk liquid wallpaper green in the hallway
Variants of using liquid wallpaper in the interior of the corridor can be seen on the selection of photos below.
Usually the hallway can not boast of large size, in typical apartments most often it is a long narrow room. Very rarely there are windows on one of the walls, so the main source of lighting is artificial. For these reasons, it is highly recommended not to use this dark room when finishing with dark colors.
Too bright shades are not suitable for decoration, they absorb light, which is why the interior of the corridor may seem unpleasant or too intrusive. Visually expand the hallway by combining different colors. Dark shades are used at 50 cm from the floor, while the rest of the walls are painted in lighter colors. Such a technique will not only visually increase the space, but also raise the ceiling.
As a decor it is possible to use drawings. Motives can be any, from abstraction to the whole plot. If you make the mixture very thick, it can be used as stucco on the walls. This is a great option for a corridor in a classic style.
To finish the walls in a small room is better to choose light shades. Bright colors can also be used, observing a number of rules. They can be combined with neutral tones, creating patterns in the form of stripes on the surface, or you can accent one of the walls.
The combination of white with shades of yellow looks fresh in the interior of the hallway, this range will make the room brighter and more cheerful. Monochromatic coatings of beige or milky color will favorably distinguish stylish furniture, emphasize decorative elements. If you want to bring a little coolness to the interior, you can use the blue scale.
Red tones, combined with gray, will help to visually change the shape of the room. If the hallway has a window, it will look good combination of brown and purple. The high-tech style in the design of the corridor is underlined by metallized shades complete with white or black. But completely brown walls are good as a background for furniture made of light wood. How different shades of liquid wallpaper affect the appearance of the interior of the corridor in the apartment can be viewed in the photo below.
What materials can be combined
Liquid wallpaper in the hallway with no problems combined with their roll analogs - paper, vinyl or cloth canvases. With the help of contrasting color and excellent in texture rolled wallpaper, it is easy to arrange inserts to attract attention to one or another part of the interior. It should be borne in mind that paper wallpaper is the most fragile and short-lived option, so for the hall they should not be chosen.
In the interiors in the style of country or classic looks good combination of liquid coatings with panels of cork oak, bamboo and other tree species. The advantages of such a coating - hypoallergenic, no odor and environmental friendliness. Wood panels are durable and reliable, however, like liquid wallpaper, do not tolerate high humidity.
Decorative plaster is perfectly combined with liquid wallpaper due to the similarity of texture. This is a strong and durable coating. However, when using plaster mixes, it is important to ensure that the coating layers are the same in thickness. Having picked up various color combinations liquid wallpaper and plaster can be entered in any style of an interior of a hall.
Important! Since the liquid wallpaper covering itself is textured, you should not overload the walls of the hallway with a large number of decorative elements. The abundance of decor will overload the interior or visually narrow the space.
How and with what to combine
Methods for combining liquid wallpaper do not differ from conventional roll coatings. For the most part, they are divided into:
- Vertical combination visually raises the ceilings, but does not look good in too small and narrow corridors. If the area of the room is too small, it is better to leave vertical stripes on only one of the walls or choose a separate section.
- The horizontal combination, on the contrary, allows to expand the room, but visually underestimates the level of ceilings. Be careful to use horizontal stripes on long walls, if the shape of the hallway is rectangular.
- Decorative inserts. Most often, liquid wallpaper combined with vinyl or non-woven fabrics. Inserts can be further distinguished using decorative frames, moldings or stucco.
Accent walls in the hallway interiors are extremely rare. Most often this technique is used in rooms that are spacious enough or combined with the living room.
How to prepare for sticking
Preparation of the liquid mixture takes from 6 to 12 hours, you can knead the wallpaper even at the stage of leveling and priming the walls. Components of the mixture:
- Paper or silk base;
- Fillers (sequins, granules, stone crumb, etc.);
- Glue CMS.
All components are purchased both individually and as a finished product. Ingredients should be poured into pre-laid polyethylene with a size of approximately 100x150 cm. Thoroughly mix the resulting mixture and whisk it well to avoid lumps. First of all, decorative mixture is poured into the water, and then the remaining ingredients will ensure uniform distribution of the coating.
Recommendations before repair
Here are some tips for mixing liquid wallpaper:
- Take exactly as much water as written in the instructions for the mixture;
- Powder poured into the water, and not vice versa;
- Observe the rule: one container - one package;
- It is necessary to mix the liquid coating manually, using a drill will break the fiber structure;
- The finished mixture is stored for 2-3 weeks unopened.
Always mix exactly as many portions as you need for all walls. If the surface will be liquid wallpaper of different batches, it will be seen in a different tone. Calculate the amount of material is based on the following parameters: 1 kg of the mixture on 6 m2. If after painting one wall there is some mixture left, it can be poured into a new solution.
To apply the mixture to the wall surface you will need:
- Putty knife;
- Spray bottle.
The process of applying liquid wallpaper is as follows:
- Put a small amount of solution on the spatula;
- Put the mixture on the wall, then rub it with a grater until the thickness of the coating is 3 mm;
- It is important not to tear the tool from the wall during the rubbing, otherwise ugly seams will remain;
- Controlling the force of pressure on the grater, continue to apply the coating on the wall;
- The filled area must be leveled so that there are no lumps left, for this it is enough to moisten the grater and treat the surface with it;
- As soon as the mixture will be applied to the walls, moistening the spatula in water, once again walk it on the surface for final leveling.
Liquid wallpaper in the hallway dry from 2 to 3 days. To make the process go faster, the room must be well ventilated, so the moisture will evaporate more intensively.
The temperature in the corridor should not be below +10 degrees.
Creating a picture
The interior of the hallway looks great liquid wallpaper with a picture. How to put your favorite ornament or pattern:
- Mark up with a pencil;
- Apply the finishing mixture strictly along the lines in the direction from the center to the edge;
- Wait until the drawing is dry (usually it takes about 24 hours);
- Adjust the picture with a rubber spatula, the excess material must be moved to the center, and unnecessary elements are cut with a sharp knife;
- Before applying the main background, glue up the painting with masking tape.
Different paints and textures on the walls look more spectacular than plain coatings, creating a variety of compositions on the walls. You can draw waves, stripes, floral ornaments, flowers, animals, clouds, etc. in the corridor.
With proper application and care, a liquid wall covering in the corridor will last a long time. Such surfaces can be easily changed, refreshing the interior. A variety of shades and textures allows you to create anything up to full-fledged drawings on the walls of the corridor.