Where are Titan liquid nails used in construction?
Liquid nails are a special construction adhesive that is used as a substitute for various fasteners (dowels, screws, etc.). The market offers a huge selection of products of this type, differing in scope, composition and characteristics. Ordinary consumers and high-level specialists noted the compositions from the Tytan brand.
Tytan, a company belonging to the Polish company Selena, specializes in the production of various construction compounds: polyurethane Titan with high moisture resistance, adhesives with a wide range of uses, polyurethane foam and much more. In the article we will focus more on liquid nails from the above manufacturer.
Most of all adhesives are universal products., which is used both for household repair, and for carrying out large-scale works. Excellent product performance indicators are provided by special additives in the composition. All goods are made abroad and get to Russia through official distributors.
The use of liquid nails allows you to work as soon as possible with a minimum of costs. The compositions are ideal for working with artificial and natural building materials.
Advantages and disadvantages
First, we will focus on the advantages of liquid nail formulations.
- The scope and ease of operation.
- Excellent adhesion indicator with a variety of materials.
- Reliability of connection. The layer easily transfers the load up to 80 kilograms per square centimeter.
- The product is not subject to the formation of rust.
- During the work with construction glue dust and dirt is not formed. And also there is no noise.
- The composition quickly sets, literally in seconds.
- Liquid nails can be used on surfaces that are defective. The product greatly simplifies the process of laying material on curved bases.
- Unlike standard mounts, glue maintains the integrity of the surface without destroying it.
- The compositions offered by modern manufacturers are safe for health due to non-toxic elements.
- Quality product is not afraid of increased moisture. Some compounds withstand low temperatures.
- Excellent resistance to fire.
- Favorable expense.
Experts claim that there are no significant deficiencies in the products. Is that some compounds have a sharp and unpleasant smell.
However, thanks to modern technologies and developments, more and more adhesives with a neutral odor are being produced. And also some types have restrictions on use.
How to apply the composition?
For applying liquid nails Use step by step instructions.
- The working surface must be washed, dried and, if necessary, degreased.
- No need to apply the composition to the whole base. Stripes or dashed lines will be quite enough.
- For greater convenience, use a special gun.
- To protect indoor furniture and other items, use tape, thick fabric or newspapers.
- Remember that the setting process takes a second, so the work must be done quickly. After you need to securely connect the parts and hold them for about two minutes, tightly pressing each other.
- The process of complete hardening occurs in about a day. During this time it is recommended not to load the connected elements.
Removing adhesive from the surface
If the job is performed by a novice, then there are no errors in the process.
There are several ways to remove glue particles.
- As long as the composition retains its softness and elasticity, it can be easily washed off with a regular soap solution.
- Dried liquid nails are removed with the help of a special tool that can be purchased at the store.
- Another effective way is to remove the adhesive using a knife or a metal spatula. Despite its effectiveness, this technique can damage the substrate.
The Tytan brand product catalog is diverse. More details on three types of product.
Mounting product Classic Fix
Adhesive Classic Fix ("Classic Fix") has versatility. Due to what the composition can be used indoors and outdoors. For the manufacture of a transparent composition, the manufacturer used synthetic rubber.
- full cure process - two days;
- product consumption ranges from 150 to 300 grams per square meter;
- resistance to temperature from - 30 to +60 degrees Celsius;
- shelf life - 1 year.
- increased strength;
- excellent adhesion to most materials;
- resistance to moisture and frost.
- work with materials such as wood, metal, PVC, polycarbonate, ABS, glass;
- installation of decorative elements and various items (mirrors, shelves, hooks and more);
- connection of structures from light and heavy metals.
Superstrong composition number 901
The rubber compound with excellent strength is used for work inside and outside the premises. In the process, a moisture-resistant, durable and elastic seam is formed.
- glue dries completely in 24 hours;
- color composition - beige;
- material consumption from 200 to 400 grams per m²;
- glue withstands temperatures from 30 degrees below zero to 60 degrees heat;
- glue expiration date - year.
- there is no toluene in the composition;
- durable and reliable seams;
- resistance to atmospheric exposure.
- installation of structures made of materials such as plaster, plastic, stone, ceramics, glass, wood, plywood;
- connection of elements and panels.
Special glue number 915
The composition is water-based designed specifically for use in rooms with high humidity. Liquid nails are ideal for bonding various building materials to porous surfaces.
- glue color - white;
- the minimum temperature index maintained by the composition is 20 degrees below zero, the maximum is 60 degrees Celsius;
- the material hardens in two days;
- shelf life of the product - 12 months;
- The flow rate is from 200 to 400 grams per square meter.
- excellent resistance to steam, humidity and dampness;
- glue is not susceptible to the formation of mold and mildew;
- quick setting
Use: connection of elements from plastic, stone, natural wood, foam plastic and plaster.
Review of mounting adhesive CLASSIC FIX - in the next video.