With insufficient space, in most small apartments, the balcony is used as a living space.
In some case, it is suitable for storing various things of the dressing room.
There can also be a winter garden and a cozy room. To create a full interior, you need to think about lighting the balcony. This process requires a competent approach.
In some apartments, conventional wall or table lamps are used as light sources.
Their intensity is enough to completely illuminate the surrounding space. Some such illumination may seem uncomfortable.
To connect the main lighting on the balcony, three points are used:
- electrical shield. One of the most difficult options. This illumination is performed at the level of the general electrical network;
- next room. Does not require special skills in the technical field. All that is needed is to connect to the electrical network in the apartment. During installation, a new electricity line is installed;
- socket, which is located in another room. Electricians call this type of connection - cable. It is suitable for rooms where the electrical wiring box is far away.
The working process
Before the start of technical work, many people think: "What kind of lighting to do for the balcony?".
First of all, you need to determine its purpose. For storage area, warm temperate light is suitable. Winter garden on the loggia, requires a more intense light source.
In the process of creating a new electrical network, electricians follow a certain order of priority:
- complete disconnection of the electrical supply of the apartment from the panel;
- preparation of the necessary material and tools;
- marking for additional holes;
- wall breaking for future wiring;
- cable installation in ready holes;
- connection of all network elements;
- smearing holes with wire;
- connection to the general network.
Varieties of lamps
Modern models of lighting devices are divided into several types:
- ceiling. They allow you to get quite powerful lighting, while acting as a decorative element;
- wall mounted. Such models are designed to create a warm and cozy atmosphere in the recreation area. As a rule, they are presented in the form of a complex multilayered structure with forged elements;
- floor lamps. Basically it is a floor lamp or floor lamp. The model is used as an additional light source. It is suitable for reading and cozy gatherings.
For an open balcony, the most suitable models are considered to be ceiling or wall lights.
What lamps to choose?
Each light bulb has both advantages and disadvantages. For a specific type of luminaire, it is recommended to select the appropriate lamp intensity.
Today the stores offer a large selection of network light sources, which differ from each other:
- element of incandescence. These are the most common models of lamps. They have a transparent or matte surface. The service life of such models is quite small. It fails as a result of a surge in electricity;
- fluorescent. Saves electricity, has a long enough life;
- halogen. It consumes the minimum amount of energy. The life of such a light bulb is about 9000 hours of continuous operation;
- LEDs. The most popular lighting option. Due to the different colors, an unusual situation is created in the loggia area. In the event of a breakdown, specialists replace the damaged element without any problems. Such lamps have a fairly low price range.
To create a comfortable atmosphere on the balcony, it is recommended to carefully consider the presence of every detail, which can add to the design refinement and excellence. The photo of the balcony lighting shows the best lighting options.