It is clear that if the cottage is in very good and tidy condition, it will be much easier to sell it. But if there are some problems with the site or buildings, they need to be resolved as quickly as possible, so that the buyer doesn’t even know about them and start “knocking down” the price. There are many opinions on this issue, and for almost all of us it is not ethical to hide the problems of the site in front of the buyer. And so they need to be addressed, but so that we do not lose a lot of time and do not invest serious funds in the process.
Today, DachaDecor.ru will tell readers of the site how to quickly sell their dacha plot with or without a house. Since we are read not only in Russia, but also in many other countries and regions, we will not talk about the documentary part, because the process of re-registration is not the same everywhere. But here we will tell about the preparation of the site and buildings for sale in detail!
Summer cottage sale: make a plan
It is even more likely not a plan of certain actions, but an initial description of the problems, which, we are sure, will be quite a lot at the dacha. Even if everything is in a more or less normal condition, you should know the smallest defects in the house, the sewer system, in the garden in order to adequately respond to the fact that they were discovered by the buyer.
You must be prepared for the fact that the price will be seriously reduced, and therefore all the problems found should be eliminated if possible!
Inspection of the dacha
You can start right at the entrance. The gate and the gate, the fence around the cottage, the fence between you and the neighbors, on the economic yard, in the garden. All this will be surely looked around by future buyers, and therefore everything should be without surprises.
We also recommend to read: Gate to the cottage. Hanging beds. What to look for when buying a cottage with a land plot; How to build a country house from containers
Next, go to the lawn and watering systems, young garden and the recreation area, which is created here. At the end of the inspection of the area, go to the buildings and be sure to write down everything that you don’t like and can fix.
It is clear that a full-fledged dacha repair, about which we spoke in this article, will not have to be done, because it is very expensive, but the minimum program should be compiled and implemented.
Try to pay attention to the smallest details and, if they are able to influence the decisions of the buyer and the cost of giving, work with them. You can read the material on the loan to the country.
Fence and fence repair
Put in order the fence, the repair of which we advise you to read this article, gate, gate, so that everything works without squeaks and jerks, and there were no gaps or cracks under or inside the fences. Take the paint and update the appearance of the fence, correct the stability of the sections, determine the new hinges on the gate so that it tightly closes the entrance opening. All this will give the first positive impression, because the entrance and the fence of the villa is her face.
Comprehensive lawn inspection
Working with a lawn is a pleasure for that person who loves nature and greenery on his own plot. Therefore, we are sure that everything is in order here. But if you know for sure that there are some problems, fix them right away.
You need to inspect the lawn, mow the grass, roll it up, perhaps sow some young grass, if necessary.
Be sure to check the watering system, clean the nozzles, check how well the equipment works.
If you have a Moorish lawn at your dacha, details of which can be found out in this material, take care of timely planting of annuals, they will give good impressions of the green carpet. If rolled gas, you may have to buy a few meters of carpet and lay it in the places where it has worn out. But it may be enough that part of the lawn will be cut, and the land in these areas will be processed and mulched. About the fact that you can decorate these areas, we recommend to read here. It can be pebbles, expanded clay and even rubble.
Restore order in flower beds
To begin with, we recommend that you study what the alpine hills are, so that you understand the structure of such landscape elements. We are sure that practically at every dacha there is such, but it is not necessary that the owner himself was engaged in the arrangement, and you will have to bring the slide in order. It is important to correct the details and establish a balance, but not to disturb anything, especially plant growth.
Also, it is worth working with flowerbeds, and especially with their fencing. Often it is just a curb of concrete, stone or brick, but it happens that this and low decorative fences. It is very important to ensure that they are not hidden by plants, and are in good condition, clean and restored. This is possible without financial investments, for example, it will only be necessary to fix the fences, rub them with a sacking cloth or a broom to remove dried soil that has stuck during watering.
Be sure to remove the weeds from the flower beds, take them out and burn them. It is important to work with plants - to prune, to clean the dead, to weed the flowerbeds inside, so that the weeds do not obstruct the beauty of the flowers.
Take care and more remarkable places, if you once built retaining walls (if not, you can read about the device in this article). They are quite noticeable on the site, like gabion structures, and therefore must be in very good condition.
We recommend to pay attention to the hanging flower pots, and the high beds and beds that we described earlier, where many of us grow flowers or greens. Their supports should be durable, suspensions - strong, and the general appearance leave only positive impressions.
Presale garden preparation
In this section, we want to talk not only about the orchard itself, but also about the shrubs and ornamental plants in this area. Here you will need some experience, because working with shears and a hacksaw is not for everyone.
It is advisable to choose the right equipment for the garden, you can even according to our recommendations, and learn the technique of working with him.
You need to clear the area so that the garden was nice to walk, well, or spend time on the bench, with a cup of tea. Therefore, cleaning of weeds, their mandatory removal, pruning of dry branches in crowns and those that especially interfere with movement along the garden paths. The trunks of the trees should be whitened exactly as we advised here, and also to mulch tree trunks of each tree. This will give a neat and well-groomed appearance that acts very well on the buyer!
Talk about shrubs. Here you need almost nothing, except for cleaning dry branches and leaves. Just take and cut the shrubs for the sake of their good appearance is not worth it, unless it is a hedge. But to mulch the soil and get around them can be, because we all understand that under the base of any bush drags a lot of cobwebs, feathers, leaves, paper and other debris.
When cleanliness is imposed near each plant, on the lawn, flowerbeds and in the garden, we have to inspect and correct everything that we once built in the country, because the state of each structure should not cause any negative emotions from the future buyer!
For a start, we recommend reading the article on the construction of the country lanes, as well as on the restoration of the tracks, because such information in this case would be very useful. You can not really dwell on the selection of materials and complete repair, because it is important to just put everything in order.
Using construction materials or even construction debris mixed in the solution, it is possible to correct all defects with high quality. As a result, it is important to obtain paths from which parts of pebbles, sand, or large pieces will not fall out. Sometimes, it’s enough to just wipe the seams between the tiles or stone with loose materials.
Take care and that all the curbs were put in order, for this they are enough to trim and trim a little.
Putting in order cottage buildings
We start with the country house, because it is the main building on the site. Buyers often pay attention to the house or even a small house, depending on the status of the problem.
But, whatever it was on the area and how many years ago it was built, the house should be in a residential condition.
Here it is important to make external and internal cleaning, slightly repair chips and cracks, wash and paint windows, and if necessary, even repair them as we advised in this article. There is no point in describing the whole cleaning process, because every housewife herself is well aware of what cleanliness is. But repairing a country house is a completely different matter, and we recommend you to think about it.
Naturally, no one will make a major overhaul of the house before the sale, because these are serious investments, but you still have to spend a little money. You will need to repair the roof, the stairs to the attic, which buyers will want to inspect, cover up the cracks in the walls, and inside the house and in general, bring cosmetics.
When you have coped with the country house, go to other buildings. Here everything is the same - external and internal cleaning. But besides this, everything that we built earlier must be intact:
- The shed should close well, the inside should be clean and dry, all the shelves are in order, the garden tools are clean and folded on the shelves;
- The garage is dry and warm, with a minimum of drafts, with a clean repair pit or cellar that can be inside. It is important to tidy up the floor as much as possible, remove greasy rags, put all the spare parts in drawers and cabinets;
- Toilet and summer shower (about the construction of which we recommend to read here), must fully function. Naturally, the minimum of odors and humidity, good ventilation, mandatory water supply to the shower, well, or a working tank and a new watering can. We will not say anything about hygiene, everything is clear;
- Pavilions, sheds, stoves and barbecues, household and landscape constructions ... look at them and just ask yourself, what would you like to see? Naturally, well-groomed, clean and ready to continue to perform their tasks, right? Then everything is in your hands !!!
A similar approach can be applied to any zone of your site or object built here. It is very important to show the buyer that everything is in order, and most importantly, when checking everything, that is exactly how it was !!!
The cost of preparing a cottage for sale
Many will say that such a clean, well-groomed and renovated cottage is needed by the people themselves, and so it is. After all, when the plot is tidied and "works" like a real cottage, and not just an overgrown field, you don't want to part with it. But our task is to quickly and profitably sell the dacha, so no regrets!
The fact remains that the preparation of giving for sale can cost money, and sometimes considerable. High-quality preparation with cosmetic repairs and restoration can be assessed even at 20-30% of the set price, but no one forces you to spend that much money. Of course, it is very necessary to bring everything to mind, but there are other methods, for example, high-quality preparation of the summer house and just a nice conversation with the buyer, in which you describe all the advantages of your site !!!
How to sell correctly (video)
How to offer a cottage to the buyer
Everyone understands that the more good things to tell about your plot and house, the more positive impressions the buyer should have. They can convince him of a positive decision. This is partly true, but it is imperative to understand what the buyer can and cannot say.
Here everyone has the right to act according to his conscience, paint the advantages and keep silent about the shortcomings, make discounts or talk about what has never been and never will. But we will not give you "black tips" on similar methods, but simply mention what will be the use of it.
What to say to the buyer of the problem
- First, point out the advantages of the size of the plot. If it is small, talk about compactness, the proximity of each object to each other, the elimination of fatigue from walking around the site and the transfer of heavy loads. If on the contrary, very large, tell us about your ideas, which, unfortunately, did not have time to be realized - a small football field, an alpine meadow with flowers, a picnic area, a huge playground, the possibility of doing business on a site with the construction of greenhouses and flower gardens, etc. ;
- Next, you need to independently acquaint the buyer with every corner of your country house. It is better to lead him to shortcomings than to hide them, because many, unfortunately, are finding the problems of the dacha themselves, but the opinion about the secretive master has already been spoiled. Show the unfinished brazier, but point out all the necessary materials in the barn. Bring the customer to the old gazebo, but then tell us that you did not repair it just because of the choice of a new place for a more modern gazebo. Be sure to point out all the benefits of the garden, describe the amount of the crop, show jars of jam or barrels of pickled apples. It is very important that you mention a lot about garden plants if you notice that the buyer is interested in vegetables, herbs and other similar crops;
- Try to acquaint the buyer with future neighbors and, naturally, lead them not to the grumpy granny on the contrary, who dislikes you because of the noisy gatherings, but to the neighbor on the side who was often given to use the tool or treated to homemade wine.
According to so many people, even without going into psychology, it is important to convince a person of the maximum positive. It is even necessary to turn all the negative in a positive direction, and then the desired result will be closer!
What is better to keep silent
We will immediately say that we do not recommend keeping silent about serious dacha problems, because once they may show up. It promises trouble or just a bad opinion of you. But to tell the truth, if you disclose all the facts about the problems with the site, it can always remain yours, since so many of its indicators can cause the buyer to leave.
Therefore, it is worth "summoning your conscience to the audience" and try to understand how badly you want to sell your dacha. Of course, you can take a variety of steps, but talk about the problems or seriously glut the benefits with paint, it's up to you to decide.
Please note again!
- To sell the cottage, you need to prepare all the documents. A couple of signatures on the collected papers, this is not a week of notaries. In addition, not every buyer will wait while you are pulling papers, because there are a lot of options for good summer cottages;
- Be sure to pay attention to the season in which the auction is scheduled. The best jackpot can be obtained in the spring, closer to the winter the cost of the plots and the cottages as a whole is seriously falling
- Do not forget about friendliness and friendliness. No one loves people who are in a bad mood or in a hurry. Give the buyer the right time and give a few smiles, it will increase the chance of selling;
- Bargain only as long as you profitable. If you can interest the buyer in the qualities and advantages of the villa, he will give a decent fee for it;
- Knowingly predicting bargaining and possible discounts, leave a couple of percent of the cost, that is, put a discount in the preliminary cost of the summer house.
There can be a lot of similar advice, but for real help in selling a summer house you need to know almost everything about it. Therefore, let us hope that the requirements mentioned earlier, and our advice, will help you to profitably sell the cottage.
It is possible to sell a dacha, and even at a high price, but it is imperative that you try your best. Remember that the best assistant in this case - loud informational support. Announce the sale in your cooperative or cottage village, and believe me, the neighbors really help to find a buyer. But do not forget that ads in thematic publications, as well as on the Internet, also work fine. Information about business ideas for summer cottages will also be useful.
Please join this discussion of all readers of the article. We are sure that you have something to advise on the sale of villas!