Types and varieties
There are about 15 types of hellebore. The most famous of them are:
Hybrid hellebore is a national team. It includes varieties obtained by crossing different species. Height - 70 cm, flowers - various.
Caucasian hellebore reaches a height of 40 cm. The peduncle has 1-3 flowers, up to 8 cm in diameter. The shade of flowers is greenish-white with brown or yellow-green. Flowering - in early spring or winter.
- the black
Black hellebore has a height equal to 50 cm. The flowers are drooping white, creamy white, whitish-green, diameter - 6 cm. There are varieties with dark red or pinkish flowers.
We also recommend reading: Orchis (10 photos) Photos of primroses with names. How to plant rose hips in spring. Therapeutic properties of Petrov cross
How to plant a plant
Before you start planting, it is necessary to take into account the fact that the plant is bad for frequent transplants. However, proper planting will provide excellent growth for the hellebore for a full 10 years.
There are no special requirements for the soil. The best option - a place among trees and shrubs, in partial shade.
If you plant a hellebore under an apple tree, the crown of the plant will act as a natural mulch, which several times increases the fertility of the soil.
- So, the grown plants are planted in pits 25x25x25 cm.
- The distance between the pits should be at least 30 cm.
- Half the groove is filled with compost.
- During the landing with one hand take the hellebore, put it in the hole. With the second hand we fill the pit with earth, we tamp, then we water.
Plant the plant better in groups. The hellebore looks advantageous against the background of the winter garden or around trees.
The best option is seed reproduction, since adult plants do not tolerate transplanting and dividing bushes. As a rule, the seeds ripen in mid-summer.
They are sown in spring or autumn directly into the ground to a depth of 1 cm. Shoots can be expected in a year. Seedlings are planted in a permanent place of "residence" after 4 years. Flowering plant for 5 years of life.
If the goal is to preserve the variety, you should prefer this method of reproduction as the division of the bush. This option should be used for black hellebore, which gives few seeds. The division of the bushes occurs in spring or autumn. After planting, delenki should be poured abundantly.
After flowering, the soil is recommended to mulch. Peat or compost is used for this purpose.
Important! The hellebore does not tolerate stagnant water and drying out soil. Despite the fact that the hellebore is considered to be frost-resistant, some of its species - Eastern or Caucasian - are recommended to be covered for the winter with dry leaves or peat.
Caucasian Hellebore (video)
- Many species are good to lime in the soil. If the weather is dry, there is a need for abundant watering.
- The hellebore is very fond of fertilizer and always thanks its owners with abundant flowering. Fertilize the plant is necessary every 3 months, for this you can use bone meal.
- After the plant has bloomed, mulching with compost is performed around it. This is necessary so that moisture is retained in the soil.
Application in gardening
- The hellebore is grown in gardens. Plants are very decorative and valued for evergreen foliage, as well as for resistance to cold temperature. Early flowering.
- Favorite in the garden can be called a variety of "Christmas Rose". White flowers open right in the middle of winter.
- However, H. orientalis and hybrids are considered a popular species. They look great in mixborder, under trees and among the bushes. Bloom in March.
Beautiful Flower - hellebore (video)
The properties of hellebore are recognized by many herbalists and traditional healers. So the hellebore is Caucasian:
- cleanses the body of radionuclides, slags or toxins;
- treats urological diseases;
- fatty oils of the root can inhibit the growth of cancer cells;
- has a laxative and diuretic effect;
- used after concussion and headaches;
- treats respiratory diseases;
- has an effect on the nervous system, increase confidence, give peace of mind, increase efficiency;
- due to the content of cardiac glycosides used for the manufacture of the drug Korelborin, necessary for use in heart failure;
- normalizes metabolism;
- suitable for the treatment and prevention of diabetes.
The hellebore should not be used during lactation and pregnancy. Overdose is not allowed!
In the first six months of treatment, the body is cleansed. It is worth waiting and the hellebore will lose its laxative effect, while it will cleanse and renew the blood. It happens that the reception of the plant contributes to the exacerbation of any diseases in order to subsequently eliminate them.
So, hellebore is a uniquely beautiful plant that, in addition to its excellent decorative characteristics, has healing properties. Once the hellebore lost its popularity, but now it can again be called the favorite of gardeners.
The hellebore: garden decoration (25 photos)