Many owners, especially owners of small apartments, are wondering how to equip the hallway so that it is beautiful and comfortable? To do this, you need to choose the right furniture so that it performs several functions at once. A perfect example of such multifunctional furniture is a bench. It will fill the atmosphere of the room with special charm. A banquet in the hall with a seat will create a comfortable environment and decorate the interior.
Features of the choice of stools
A bench - a small bench with a soft seat, usually without a back. In addition to the decorative function, it is necessary to sit down and take off or put on shoes comfortably. Bench in the hallway with back and with a box can be seen in the photo.
When choosing a bench for the hallway you need to consider:
- Dimensions of housing, the number of family members. The sofa should be placed so as not to interfere with the free passage along the corridor. In addition, he must hold the seasonal shoes of the whole family. Below you can see photos of the stools in the hallway with a seat and a drawer.
- The shape of the room. If the apartment's hallway is narrow, rectangular, then an elongated bench will look good in it. For a square hallway it is recommended to pick up a sofa in the form of a round or square pouf. Below the photo you can see a narrow stool in the hallway with a seat.
- Availability of storage benches. The number of drawers and shelves depends on what the owners of the house are going to store in them.
Tip! Closed drawers look discreet, open - cheap.
Types of stools
Depending on the appearance and functions performed, the stools are divided into several types.
Banquettes with back in the hallway create a cozy atmosphere that promotes relaxation. They allow you to sit comfortably while undressing or putting on shoes (shoes or shoes), just relax comfortably. The back of the bench can perform a decorative function. So sumptuously carved mahogany back or elegant forged back will be the "highlight" of the interior.
A soft bench with a back in the hallway takes up more space than standard models, so it is not recommended for installation in small rooms. But in the spacious hallway, it will occupy a worthy place. A sofa with a back can be installed not only against the wall, but also in the middle of the room. It will be an excellent element of zoning. This option is relevant for studio apartments.
With shelves for shoes
Installing a bench combined with a galoshnitsy - a practical solution for the corridor. This piece of furniture will help keep clean and tidy. Shelves can be:
- Open - they do not interfere with the free circulation of air;
- Closed - close the shoes from prying eyes, protect it from dust, sunlight, if there is a window nearby.
It is logical to place the bench for the hallway with a shelf for shoes near the front door, where household members most often put on and take off their shoes.
With a box
The bench with a drawer in the hallway can be seen in the photo below. The boxes are designed for storing various accessories: sunglasses, umbrellas, gloves, scarves, and shoe care products. The box can be long and be located at the bottom of the bench or small and placed on the side of it. If the box is installed on the side, there may be open shoe shelves under the seat.
Boxes can be located:
- Under the folding soft seat, where it is convenient to store bags;
- On the side of the seat;
- At the bottom of the bench.
In the last two options, the drawers are retractable.
Materials for banquettes
The materials from which the frameworks for banquettes are made must be strong, reliable, durable, and wear-resistant.
Wooden benches are durable and practical. They can be with or without upholstery. On a hard seat you can wear a cover, put a pillow or blanket. Often, wooden models are equipped with shelves and drawers for storing various items. You can see the wooden bench in the hallway with a drawer and a seat in the photo.
In a classic style, a dark wood sofa with a gilded edging on the back, large rounded armrests, and graceful curved legs will look beautiful. A wooden bench of light leather of strict rectangular shape without a back and armrests, with even small legs, is suitable for a minimalist interior. A simple wooden bench made of roughly cobbled boards will complement the interior of country style.
A natural wood bench is expensive. You can replace it with chipboard or MDF. Such furniture will be much cheaper, and its moisture resistance is much higher. A banquet in the hall with a seat can be easily made by hand from real wooden boards, MDF or chipboard.
Forged bench in the hallway with the seat will be a real decoration of the interior. Carved and twisted legs, armrests, back will look beautiful in the interior of Provence, Baroque, Empire style. The main advantage of a metal bench is durability. Forged sofas do not have built-in drawers. You can extend their functionality by inserting a grill between the legs, used as a shoe rack.
Furniture made of plastic is a fashion trend of recent years. Plastic is not as durable and reliable material as wood or metal. In this design plastic furniture models are much more expensive than metal or wood. Plastic bench can have any shape and color. It will fit into the interior of modern style.
In addition to the variety of colors and shapes, the advantage of a plastic stool in the hallway with a seat and a shelf are legs. Plastic legs are good because when moving the bench, they will not scratch the flooring.
In addition to wood, metal, plastic, for the manufacture of benches use other materials: rattan and glass. Wicker furniture looks fresh, naturally, it symbolizes the union with nature. Rattan bench can not be called universal, it is not suitable for any interior. Wicker furniture will look organic in the hallway style eco, African or other national style.
Glass legs can be made of glass or its surface. Transparent material visually makes the furniture lightweight, weightless. Such models look elegant.
The corridor regularly gets dirt, dust, moisture from clothes and shoes. That is why special requirements are imposed on the upholstery of the stools in the hall with the seat and the shelf. It should be practical, easy to clean.
Genuine leather is an expensive, luxurious, practical material. Leather upholstery can be varnished, matte, embossed, mint. Regardless of the type, it looks aristocratic. The disadvantages of using skin include the high price and the ability to stick to the body, which makes it uncomfortable to sit on it in the hot season. The last reason is irrelevant for air-conditioned apartments. Below are photos of leather stools for shoes in the hallway with a seat.
The budget equivalent of leather - leatherette. It has an affordable price, it is easy to wash off dirt, but with frequent use it may begin to crack and slam.
Fabric upholstery brings home comfort to the atmosphere of the hallway. Most popular materials:
- Natural suede or its artificial substitute for alcantara. Suede pleasant to the touch. For care should not use special tools.
- Jacquard is a lint-free fabric, durable, unpretentious in care. One of its advantages is a large assortment of various colors. Below you can see a photo of the stools in the hallway with a jacquard back.
- Flock is an artificial substitute for velvet. To the touch it is practically indistinguishable from natural material, but at the same time it is cheaper and does not require special care. Flock is not afraid of direct sunlight, the claws of domestic animals. For banquettes, you can order a material with water and dirt-repellent impregnation.
- Tapestry - heavy, dense fabric that does not fade in the sun, amenable to cleaning and washing. It looks good in classic and neoclassical interiors. Photos of a concise bench in the hallway with a seat of tapestry are presented below.
Tip! For the upholstery of the stools in the hallway, it is better to choose a non-dirty dark color fabric.
To sit on the bench softer, upholstery filled with one of these materials:
- Springs - they are used in the manufacture of classic furniture;
- Polyurethane is a modern material that has become a spring substitute;
- Foam rubber - the cheapest and therefore popular material.
The banquette is a beautiful and practical piece of furniture. It is available in different shapes, materials and colors. In addition to forming seats, the bench can function as a storage system. To make the stool perfectly fit the design of the entire pedestrian, you can make it to order or make it yourself.