Hallmark can be called the hallmark of any apartment. Getting into it, the guests form a first impression about the people who live here. Before you start repairing this room, you should think over its design in advance. Photos of the real interiors of the hallways in the apartments will help determine the details and create an overall picture of the future hallway.
Even on a small space, you can create an original and functional design.
When choosing a finishing material for the hallway, it is necessary to consider not only its appearance, but also practicality. The walls and floor in the corridor should be durable, not branded, easy to clean from dirt.
Hallway decoration using marble and decorative stucco
Usually hallways in the apartments are not equipped with sources of natural light, so the walls are recommended to be decorated in bright colors. The following materials are suitable for wall design.
The design of wooden panels looks rich, prestigious, especially if the interior of the corridor is made in a classic style. But keep in mind that wood paneling is expensive, more economical material - MDF. They provide a high level of sound insulation, in addition, are covered with a special impregnation, due to which they become moisture-proof. The panels are glued directly to the walls or fastened with screws to the sheathing.
Plastic wall panels on the walls in the hallway
Tip! It looks great combination of wall panels with other materials, such as decorative plaster, paint, wallpaper. In such combinations, the panels are installed along the bottom of the walls.
Gypsum 3D Panels
Gypsum 3D panels are embossed panels, the texture of which imitates the waves of the sea or the sand pattern in the desert. They are glued to the wall with a special glue. The surface of the skin is primed and then painted. This finish looks very original, but always takes a part of the useful space of the room, so this design is not suitable for small rooms.
3D panels on the walls of the hallway
Wallpapers - the most popular wall material due to its affordable price, assortment of patterns, drawings, colors. For the corridor, you can choose wallpaper on non-woven base. They are not afraid of moisture, so they can be washed with a damp cloth. Real photos of the design of the hallway in the apartment with wallpaper can be seen below.
In the interior of the hallway you can often find wallpaper on the walls
Allows you to quickly and easily arrange vertical surfaces. Large selection of colors and the possibility of mixing them allow you to create a unique design of the walls. Align the walls before painting. The paint will not hide the defects of the walls, but only emphasizes them.
Painted walls in the interior hallway
Durable, durable, durable material. He is not afraid of humidity, high and low temperatures. The tile can be monophonic, with patterns or imitation of natural materials, for example, marble.
Ceramic tiles on the walls of a small hallway
It does not occupy the corridor space, is easy to apply, hides the minor imperfections of the walls, creates a unique design. It is an environmentally friendly, durable material, it is not afraid of moisture and mechanical damage.
The original design of the walls of the hallway decorated with decorative plaster
Tip! It is not recommended to use delicate materials as wall finishes. They will dry their bags or shoulders and lose their attractive appearance.
One of the walls of the hallway can be identified with the help of a fresco - artistic architectural painting. So the interior will look elegant and rich. Drawing a fresco by a master with the help of artistic plaster is a long hard work, for which you have to pay a lot of money. You can buy in advance and independently attach to the wall a mural on a non-woven base.
When choosing a material and color for the ceiling should consider its height. If the ceiling in the corridor is high, then dark tones are suitable for its design, and if the ceiling is low, then only light ones. To finish the hallway ceiling in the apartment you can use:
- Whitewash. This is a traditional material for the decoration of the ceiling. Its surface will be neat, but unassuming, therefore it will serve only as a background for other interior elements.
- Paint. Like whitewashing, it is inexpensive, applied quickly and easily. The main advantage of paint is the ability to independently select the desired pigment by mixing different colors.
- Decorative plaster. This material is more expensive than paint, but it does not require prior leveling of the surface. Decorative plaster can be applied with a master or with your own hands. There are mixtures on sale that are simply applied to the surface and after drying they form a beautiful and unusual relief.
- Drywall With this inexpensive, moisture-resistant, lightweight material, you can easily create a perfectly flat ceiling, embed the spotlights in it, select individual zones.
- Tension cloth. This ceiling design is one of the most expensive. It allows you to implement many unique design ideas. Stretch ceiling can be of any color, pattern.
For the floor in the hallway there are many different materials, each of which has its own special properties:
- Natural stone is a luxurious and durable material, but very expensive. It is more suitable for private houses that have spacious hallways, and not for apartments.
- Ceramic tile. It is not afraid of moisture, it is easy to fit, it can be monophonic, imitate externally natural wood or stone. It should be borne in mind that the tile is a cold material, in addition, you should choose among the matte options, glossy models are slippery, so it will not work for the hallway.
- Porcelain tile is a beautiful, durable, reliable, wear-resistant and durable material. It withstands exposure to moisture, low temperatures and chemicals.
- Linoleum. Popular due to its affordable price. For the corridor it is worth choosing among semi-commercial models. They are more durable than household ones, and because of this they do not bend under the weight of the cabinet, they are more resistant to the heels of shoes. In addition to the budget types of linoleum, made of artificial materials, there are more expensive, natural models for sale. They are made from cork and jute.
- Parquet. It looks stylish and durable, pleasant to the touch, but requires special operating conditions. Parquet is afraid of water, periodically requires varnishing and is expensive.
- Laminate is a material that can imitate the texture of natural wood. It does not require such careful care as parquet, and looks expensive and beautiful.
Tip! If you want to make the atmosphere of the hallway more comfortable, putting a spectacular but impractical floor, then the best solution would be a combination of materials. For example, in the area of the entrance door you can put wear-resistant porcelain stoneware, and a little further - demanding parquet.
The best option for the hallway in the apartment - a modular storage system. This is a roomy design that may include: a shoe stand with seating, coat hooks, a closed closet, open shelves and small drawers for small items. When ordering such a system, you can select only those modules that are really needed. The modular design is able to replace any other furniture in the hallway. Real photos of the hallway design in an apartment with a modular storage system are presented below.
If you plan to install individual pieces of furniture, then you can put in the hall:
- Sliding wardrobe - depending on the size and shape of the hallway, the shape of the closet is chosen: straight, angular, trapezoidal, diagonal, the wardrobe can become not just a clothing store, but an attractive element of the interior. To decorate the facade of the cabinet, you can use photo printing, mirrors, sandblasted drawings, stained glass;
- Obuvnitsa - can be equipped with seats or not, be a closed cabinet or open racks, shoemakers are made of various materials: real wood, chipboard, MDF, glass, metal, rattan. The choice of a shoebox depends on the style of the interior and the financial possibilities of the apartment owners.
A small sofa or bench in the hallway will create a comfortable environment in the process of shoes and shoe removal. According to the material manufacturing frame sofas are:
- Forged - looks elegant, elegant, suitable for such interior styles as Provence, Classicism, Empire, Baroque, and the back and armrests of such furniture are usually decorated with floral ornaments;
- Wooden - look elegant in any interior, can be decorated with carvings, fitted with drawers;
- Designer - can be made using several materials, have an unusual shape.
Sofas can be with backs and without them. As upholstery use:
- The skin is an expensive, wear-resistant and practical material, it is easily cleaned from dirt and dust, but requires proper care;
- Kozhzam - looks as beautiful as the skin, but often quickly erases and cracks;
- Fabric - usually for the upholstery of upholstered furniture in the hallway use velor, suede, wool and flock.
It is recommended to use as decorative elements in the hallway:
- Light fixtures. Their appearance depends on the chosen style of interior. So a large bright chandelier with crystal elements will decorate the hallway in a classic style. Wall lamps of an unusual shape will suit modern style, and floor lamps in the form of geometric figures - to the style of minimalism or high-tech. An interesting option to hang along the walls spotlights, as in the gallery.
- Pictures and photos. On the walls of the hallway of the classical style will look beautiful reproductions of paintings by famous artists of the Renaissance, for modern styles more suitable black and white images and abstraction. Family photos will be appropriate in any corridor.
- Mirrors You can arrange them in luxurious gold-plated or laconic and simple frames, in any case, the reflective surfaces will make any room bigger and lighter. For a small corridor it is recommended to install a large rectangular mirror against the wall. A small mirror can be hung over the dresser or cabinet.
- Books You can arrange them on shelves or racks. Shelving with books harmoniously look in a long corridor. The design of a rectangular hallway in the apartment is presented in the photo below.
- Original wall clock. They can be purchased or created independently, for example, from frames with photos.
- Floor hangers of unusual shape or hooks for clothes and accessories, for example, in the form of butterflies, leaves.
- Dense carpet or walkway with low pile.
The hallway is not only for guests, it should give a sense of peace and peace of mind, so when you make a hallway you should trust not so much fashion trends as your own sense of style. Such a room every day can cause positive emotions in each family member.