Glass House Greenhouses: Features and Benefits of Structures
- Brand information
Nowadays, both owners of large farm lands, owners of small farms, and even many summer residents have appreciated the advantages of growing both seedlings and adult plants in greenhouses. And if before, such a structure had to be designed and assembled on its own, now a wide range of greenhouses of different quality is on the market. Therefore, it is worth considering the features of the Glass House greenhouses.
The Russian company Glass House was founded in Novosibirsk in 2001. Over the years, the company has not only successfully mastered the production of the most common models of greenhouse complexes, but also created several of its original designs, the novelty and originality of which is protected by patents of Russia.
All products of the brand undergo such stages of quality control as:
- verification of materials during the purchase;
- quality assessment of parts after production in 10 key parameters;
- check of completeness after packing;
- ultra-precise control of compliance with the mass of products normative;
- random weekly quality check of 10% of finished products in stock;
- the triple weight control guaranteeing complete completeness;
- pre-sales check in the offices of the company.
A characteristic feature of most greenhouses of the company is the use as a coating of cellular polycarbonate, the thickness of which varies in the range of 4–10 mm. At the same time, the frameworks of all designs were originally designed for the use of heavier glass, so the replacement of the coating led to an increase in reliability several times. At the request of the client, almost all models of the company are available with glass coating. In the supporting structures of greenhouses used galvanized corner, whose thickness is 1.5 mm. Thanks to the stiffness angles provided for in all models, the reliability of the company's products increases compared with the products of most competitors.
The shape of the angle used in the production avoids the accumulation of condensate on the parts. All Glass House greenhouses are equipped with a ridge on the roof, placed at an angle of 120 °, which avoids the accumulation of large masses of snow on the greenhouse. The sliding door of the “coupe” type was used as an entrance door, which greatly facilitates the use of the greenhouse. Due to the presence of vents, which are provided in the upper slope of all models, you can finely adjust the mode of ventilation.
Of the design features of greenhouses Glass House their important benefits include:
- corrosion resistance due to galvanization and open profile;
- resistance to strong wind gusts;
- tightness without the use of additional means (sealants, gaskets);
- resistance to the accumulation of snow on the roof of the greenhouse;
- creating the right microclimate;
- protection of plants from excessive exposure to UV rays through the use of polycarbonate;
- expected service life of up to 30 years with a warranty of up to 5 years.
Another significant advantage of the products of the Novosibirsk company is the ergonomic design and simplicity of their installation. All models of the company can be assembled with a screwdriver and two wrenches, while after assembly the greenhouse does not require fine-tuning with other tools. The dismantling of the collected greenhouse is also quite simple, so the product can be easily transferred to another plot of the cottage or farm.
The main disadvantage of Glass House greenhouses is their large mass, when compared with their counterparts, which leads to the need to create a solid foundation for their installation. Installation on an open ground for them is not possible. Another drawback is the presence of only one door in the basic configuration. In addition, greenhouses firms are usually slightly more expensive than products of other firms.
Greenhouses by default are not equipped with plant garter systems, and the drilling of holes in the frame leads to a loss of warranty, therefore, for the cultivation of many crops, it is necessary to acquire proprietary garter systems.
The range of products of the Novosibirsk brand is quite wide.
It includes the following models:
- Narva - it is a compact greenhouse 2.5 m wide and 2.1 m high, which is supplied in many variations from 4 to 6 m long;
- "Birch" - this is one of the most popular models of the company; it has a wide range of possible delivery options; all the Birch submodels have a width of 3 m and a height of 2.1 m with a length of 4 to 8 m, different greenhouse color schemes are possible, and there are also special submodels optimized for growing cucumbers or tomatoes;
- "Arctic" - This is a model with a width of 3 m and a base height of 2.5 m, which can be increased by mounting additional carcass segments; and also it differs raised even against the background of other models of the company resistance to wind and snow;
- "Rowan" 3.5 m wide with a height of 2.5 m; Available in lengths from 4 to 8 m;
- "Dubrava" it is 4 m wide and 2.8 m high, and can be supplied in versions with a length of 4 to 8 m;
- "Cedar" - This is a model with a width of 4.5 m at a height of 3 m, and length options - from 4 to 6 m; it is designed for high-altitude crops;
- "Taiga" - This is the widest of the basic models of the company, which is 5 meters wide at a height of 3 m; It is recommended for use in farms.
The company takes orders for the manufacture of greenhouses of any desired size and with any desired design features. In addition, it is possible to modernize existing models by installing additional doors, partitions, plant garter systems.
Almost all the authors of reviews of the products of the Glass House company note the highest quality and reliability of these greenhouses. Residents of regions with extreme weather conditions separately note the high resistance of the company's products to such natural phenomena as the storm and hurricane wind. Some farmers distinguish the Dubrava, Kedr and Taiga models, as there is an insufficient range of greenhouses from 4 meters wide on the market. Ordinary gardeners recommend "Rowan" and "Birch".
Of the shortcomings of the used design solutions, some authors of the reviews note the tendency of polycarbonate to temporal deformation when exposed to large temperature drops - the coating can be slightly bent during the long stay of snow on it. However, with warming, polycarbonate quickly recovers form. Another disadvantage of the greenhouses of the Novosibirsk company is the relatively high price.
See the following video for the benefits of Glass House greenhouses.