The history of style
Unpretentious care in the garden, made in the style of the country, does not tolerate strict cubic forms. It is important to observe the unevenness of the lines, imitating the natural chance in the organization of the garden plot.
Country style was used in the design of manor plots and gardens due to landscape English designer Gertrude Jekyll. From the life of the towns of the Wild West were borrowed such details as low wooden fences of poles, old cartwheels, decorative baskets and konovazi. You can get acquainted with the material on the monochrome garden in landscape design.
The main attribute that makes these gardens unique are pots with lush, spreading flower arrangements.
Each country implements landscape design in its own way. The British prefer strict consistency and orderliness of the decor elements, the French love airiness in combination with lavender and rare Provencal herbs, pragmatic Germans add the nuances of Biedermeier style to the design of canonical country style.
Characteristic features of rustic surroundings
Gardens, made in the style of country, primarily serve as a place for a pleasant pastime and rest, and not a pragmatic cultivation of vegetable crops. Therefore, in their design can be used not only traditional currant bushes, gooseberries or lingonberries, but also wild plants: yarrow, plantain, tear out variegated, clover. You can read the material about the garden in the Chinese style.
We also recommend reading: Ideas for decorating the suburban area with your own hands (10 photos) Garden scarecrow with your own hands (21 photos) What kind of garden wheelbarrow to choose Garden and plot design
Wild herbs and unpretentious care flowers (chamomile, buttercups, bells) are in harmony with the country style and facilitate the task of caring for the estate.
Features country style:
- Manor plot does not require much time and effort to maintain it.
- Gives plenty of imagination in choosing its design.
- Gardening equipment and rare items can serve as decor items: wooden items, benches, watering cans, cars, buckets.
- In decorating the garden is used not only a large number of different varieties of flowers, but also cultivated wild herbs.
How to arrange a garden in country style
In order to properly arrange the site, it is necessary to consider the following stages of its formation:
- Draw a rough plan of the infield.
- Check out the garden.
- Check out the flower garden.
- Posting tracks.
- Pay attention to small architectural forms.
- If you want to add water features.
First you need to come up with and outline the zones of the future garden design solution: functional and aesthetic areas.
The recreation area can be equipped with floral decorations, a bench, a fountain. The area where vegetables and other crops are grown can be separated from the main recreation area by a characteristic wicker fence, and fancy decorative ornaments and skates can be used to decorate a greenhouse.
- When making a garden, you should be guided by the following requirements: minimalism and variety.
- It is better to make several small, neat beds with different crops of vegetables than one large one with the cultivation of one type of vegetables or fruits.
- When making a garden, it is better to give vent to fantasy: hang decorative plates with the name of crops above each bed, divide the beds with wicker fences, decorated with inverted color jugs, put a home-made straw stuffed animal.
Cozy flower pots and fenced flower breeding areas are an integral part of country-style garden decor. The best choice would be poppy seeds, sunflowers, mallows, buttercups. Colorful composition is pleasing to the eye and uplifting.
The paths are designed not only to connect different parts of the garden, but also to wiggle decoratively between the extensive colored bushes, tubers and plantings. The paths can be lined with tiles made under natural stone, gravel, sand, wooden planks. The main thing is that they remain winding, and not deliberately straight.
If concrete was used to design the walkway, then inlays of glass, metal, screws, gears, nuts and other trifles will be a beautiful addition.
3D garden design in the style of "country" (video)
In order for the garden to look rich and original, use small architectural elements, made mostly of unhewn wood. For example, pergolas of poles, wicker baskets of wicker, carriage wheels, carts, carts. It is recommended to treat wood structures with a hydrofibrating compound, which increases their service life.
Bronze, wooden figurines, papier-mâché figurines will decorate every corner of the garden, made in country style. This article will tell you about the decorative types of cereals and herbs.
Creating compositions with stones (video)
Wooden troughs filled with water, fountains or artificial lakes will bring life-saving coolness on a hot, sultry day, and decorative ducks will make the process of contemplating a reed pond especially pleasant. We recommend reading the article on the spicy garden.
The secret of a cozy garden
To choose a harmonious design solution when you make a stage in country style, you need to follow simple rules:
- Do not mix the details of different eras in the design of the garden.
- Do not add decorative elements of other styles in the design of the garden in country style.
- To focus on small architectural forms: poles, low hand-made fences, partitions, jugs, wheelbarrows, carts.
- Comply with minimalism, harmony, balance, color and diversity in the design process.
We recommend to read the article about the prairie garden.
Plot in the style of "country" (20 photos)