The first room into which each house and apartment enters is a hallway. In it remove outer clothing and slip out. On the clothes and shoes in the corridor gets dirt, earth, sand, snow from the street. Therefore, for the design of the hallway should choose a beautiful but practical finishing materials. One of them is decorative plaster. Make sure that this version of finishing materials looks aesthetically beautiful, you can see the real photos of decorative plaster in the corridor.
Pros and cons of decorative plaster
The advantages of using decorative plaster in the corridor include:
- Environmental friendliness - most of the types of this finishing material consist of natural cavities that are safe for humans, usually marble chips and small particles of different minerals are included;
- Durability, reliability - these qualities are of great importance when choosing finishes for the hallway;
- A wide selection of textures, colors;
- The absence of joints, seams, leveling and hiding minor defects of the walls;
- Unique design - it is believed that two completely identical walls with decorative plaster do not exist;
- Affordable price - most options for this finishing material are inexpensive.
The disadvantages of decorative plaster:
- The need to adhere to the correct application technology so that the wall covering lasts a long time;
- The difficulty of dismantling.
Types of plasters in composition
Mostly decorative plaster consists of: water, a binder, fillers and additives. According to the main component, decorative plaster, suitable for finishing the walls of the corridor, can be divided into 4 types.
It is a dry mix, made on the basis of cement with the addition of marble chips or granite. Before use, you need to prepare a solution by adding the mixture to water and kneading until a homogeneous mass. After applying the mortar, the surface of the wall should be painted. Mineral material - durable and durable, not afraid of moisture and steam. Photos of decorative mineral plaster are presented below.
It is a synthetic material made using acrylic resin. This finish is ductile, water resistant, but subject to rapid ignition. Acrylic finish is produced completely in finished form, does not require dilution. It is applied easily, the texture is formed using a spatula or roller.
This wall material is the most modern and versatile. It is durable, flexible, can be applied to any surface, does not require special care. Silicone finish is sold in finished form and already has a certain color, so after its application the walls do not have to be painted. The range of colors in this version of the material is rich. Even a novice in the construction industry will be able to finish the walls with silicone plaster.
The main disadvantage of silicone is the high price. Additionally, you will have to purchase a special silicone primer, which is also expensive. Photos of silicone decorative plaster for the walls in the hallway can be seen below.
This coating is not environmentally friendly, made of potash glass and is rarely used for interior decoration. It is heavy applied and releases harmful substances during operation.
Design types of plaster
In addition to such criteria as composition, decorative plaster is divided into several types, distinguished by appearance.
The most luxurious type of decorative plaster - Venetian. He is able to harmoniously fit into any interior, becoming the decoration of the corridor. But most of all, this finishing material is suitable for the interior of a classic or baroque style, turning the dwelling into a real palace.
Venetian plaster consists of lime, marble or onyx crumbs, so the wall with which it is finished looks practically the same as natural stone. With the help of paint this finish you can give any favorite shade. The mixture is sold in small buckets and is a thick mass.
The wall, finished with Venetian plaster, can be made matte or glossy. To achieve the most effective option, the master applies the mixture in several layers using a flexible rubber spatula. Each new layer is applied only after complete drying of the previous one. This work is better to entrust a professional. Venetian plaster decoration is expensive, but the impressive result fully justifies its price. Photos of the design of Venetian decorative plaster in the hallway can be seen below.
This type of decoration is characterized by the presence of small parts of different minerals: quartz, marble and others. After its application, the surface of the wall acquires an unusual relief. Heterogeneous mixture smeared on the wall with certain movements, creating an original drawing. This material is breathable and is not afraid of moisture, it is sold already in finished form, painted on the wall.
Structural plaster is used for both exterior walls and interior work. For finishing the corridor, you can choose a mixture of water-based. It dries quickly and is odorless. The finished wall is not afraid of mechanical damage and wet cleaning.
This finishing option as well as structural, forms a roughness. The filler for it is: mica, wood, flax fibers, small pebbles. Mixing various shades and using special tools, surfaces imitating leather, fabric, natural wood, and stone are created.
Textured wall material is easy to apply, does not require alignment, hides most of the irregularities. It forms a solid surface that is air permeable and resistant to moisture. This material is available in dry and finished form. You can apply textured plaster in the hallway with your own hands, as shown in the photo, without using specialized tools and without involving professionals in the work.
Subspecies of textured plaster:
- Bark beetle The composition includes small pebbles. On the wall are grooves resembling a tree eaten by bark beetles. Photos of textured plaster - bark beetle in the interior of the hallway can be seen below.
- Fur coat The mixture, made on the basis of cement, forms a rough texture with the effect of fleecy.
- The Lamb It is composed of stone grains. When applied to a wall, it forms a roughened and evenly grainy surface.
It incorporates silk fiber and cellulose, so that the wall looks like covered with silk cloth. This design looks expensive, elegant. The surface of the wall beautifully shimmers. At the same time it is moisture resistant and provides good noise insulation.
It is made on the basis of acrylic. Additional fillers are particles of pearlescent pigments and river sand. It creates the effect of light clouds or sand in the desert. Available in several colors: gold, pearl, bronze, garnet, white, chameleon.
The finished version of the smooth glossy finish looks like a Venetian plaster. It imitates polished stone. Matte version has a relief texture. This finishing material is resistant to cracking, is not afraid of water, can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
Wall decoration in the hallway decorative plaster
The process of finishing the walls in the hallway with decorative plaster depicted in the photo can be divided into several stages:
- Alignment Before applying Venetian decorative plaster in the hallway to align the walls. For other types of plaster creation of a perfectly flat surface is not required. It is possible to level by means of putty, drywall or fiberglass.
- Preparation of the solution, if necessary. To achieve the desired result, prepare the batch is required with strict adherence to instructions.
- Priming the walls. This stage is obligatory before applying plaster of any type.
- The first layer. This layer is the main one. He sets the tone for the whole wall. Below you can see a photo of applying decorative plaster in the corridor with your own hands.
- Subsequent layers. At this stage, various tools are used: rollers, spatulas, stencils and others. With their help, unique patterns or drawings are created on the surface of the walls. To create an imitation of wood, on the wet plaster should be made vertical grooves using a special figured spatula or ordinary clothes brushes. To create the effect of crumpled leather using plain paper. It is crushed, and then applied to a wet wall. To achieve the effect of the skin, you can use an unusual way - applying a finishing material through gauze fabric.
- Coloring. It is necessary only for those types of finishes that are produced on the market, without having in its composition a coloring segment.
- Waxing It gives an additional decorative effect to the plastered wall and performs a protective function.
Tip! On the Internet there are a large number of pictures on the plaster with detailed instructions on how to create them.
Decorative plaster is able to fit into the design of any hallway. This is a beautiful and practical finishing material, which is gaining its popularity due to the presence of a large number of species. The walls, decorated with decorative plaster can be the background to any other elements of the interior, or vice versa, stand out and be an accent of the design composition, striking guests with its unique texture.