It is best to use ornamental grasses and herbs in combination with other perennials. It is also recommended to plant them in large flower beds or gardens. But it is allowed to use the plants in small gardens, if it is undersized cereals - soft Bukharnik and fescue.
Types of grass and cereals
What types of cereals and herbs should you pay attention to?
We recommend that you familiarize yourself with the material on decorative bamboo for the suburban area.
Features planting ornamental grasses and cereals
Grasses and grasses will be an excellent solution for both "poor" vegetation sites, and for flower beds.
We also recommend to read: Shade-tolerant plants for the garden: photo and name How to choose lawn grass for sowingWith what portulak is combined How to make a summer house project with your own hands
If you plant some cereals, they are unlikely to attract someone's attention. However, with the right combination of them with other plants, the flowerbed will immediately get a sophisticated look.
If the site has an artificial or natural pond, next to it you can safely plant a reed grass or a valley. Fescue better planted on a rocky surface. She perfectly dilute the gray stones. You can read about lawn grass here.
What plants to choose? The best choice is perennial plants, since it will be inconvenient to spend time on the permanent arrangement of the garden.
What grains are suitable for dry soil?
- Fescue Sizaya feels great on sandy and stony soils near coniferous plants.
- Falyaris - anywhere in the flower garden.
- The ryegrass of Bulbs is on the heights and along the edges of the garden.
- Ozhika - everywhere.
Since the cereals feel great on "poor" soils, it is not necessary to fertilize the soil with compost before planting! Lovers of Moorish lawns will be interested in this material.
Grass and grass for wet soil
In places of high humidity planted:
- Daylily Hybrid, which is recommended to be placed right next to the water.
- Blue-eyed - undersized plant, which is planted around the perimeter of the pond.
- Siberian Iris - suitable for any place in the garden.
- Miskantus Sakharokotsvetkovy, it is recommended to plant for the iris.
Flowerbed of spicy herbs (video)
Preparing the landing site
How to plant ornamental grass? Prepare the soil!
The combination of cereals with plants
- Since grasses and herbs spread quickly, it is not recommended to place them close to weak plants. The fastest growing grasses are the bearded man Gerard, the spartina comb and the canary.
- If the garden is small, it is better to choose a blue mininius or hakonekhluyu - such species differ in slow growth.
- For a composition with herbs and cereals, flowers such as burnet, meadowsweet, stems, phlox, verbena, gelenium are suitable.
- The use of cereals in mixborders suggests the presence of perennials. At the same time it is worth choosing plants with similar growing conditions. For example, the Beatles sedge will look great at the edge of a pond with a reed grass flower plant, a sucrose flower miscanthus, a reed leaf.
- The combination of roses and grasses looks spectacular. But for ordinary gardens, it is not suitable, only for the territory, decorated in a cottage style.
- The move used by many designers is planting an airy grass with a hilly shape of a hummock, in the foreground. This will give the flower garden romance.
- If the garden is rocky, you should use fescue and dwarf sedges. Of the recent trends, it is worth noting the use of grass grasses as a ground cover or as an alternative to standard lawn.
So, ornamental grasses and herbs are a great choice for an autumn garden. At the same time, before planting, it is worthwhile to choose the right plants, based on what type of soil is best for them. Carefully selected herbs that meet the conditions of your site - a guarantee that in the future there will be no unpleasant surprises in the garden.