We will begin by recommending that you read the materials already available about the second life of old things, as well as about the useful summer cottage litter. The articles show how to use those or other items, the use of which is no longer possible. Perhaps some points of this material will slightly overlap with those already written earlier, but we will not do repetitions, but, on the contrary, we will put forward new ideas!
Their meaning is to stimulate summer residents not to throw out their obsolete thing right away, but to think about its further use for other purposes.
Therefore, we will bring a lot of ideas, and you fantasize and write down your own, perhaps in the near future, they will be very useful to you!
How to use old buckets in the country
Yes, we have already made flower pots out of buckets, and even larger containers in which to grow ornamental plants. Painted, installed in the correct order, and everything is ready.
We also recommend to read: Do-it-yourself garden storkTeplitz of plastic bottlesWhat can be made from the remains of a barTinkwork from garden wheels
But today we have even more interesting thoughts:
- Old buckets, broken and even holey, will always be able to protect the seedlings from the wind and other adversities. In the spring, the weather changes quite often, and we are very worried about the seedlings that we have just identified for the garden bed. Now old buckets will help us in her defense;
- You can always take two old buckets with holes, and make one of them, a trash can or a container for transporting soil, bulk mixtures, fertilizers. To do this, you only need to place one bucket in another and turn the inner one so that the holes of both buckets do not coincide;
- Two buckets of different sizes can be something like a form or formwork to create flower pots. To do this, you need to put one bucket, put in it a reinforcing mesh for cement mortar, then put a couple of pebbles on the bottom, which will create the basis for the installation of the second bucket. Now you can put a smaller bucket inside and pour concrete solution into the opening between them. After 3-4 days, you will only need to pull out the already prepared flower pot from the buckets, polish it a little and paint it.
This is about the old buckets, but there is still plenty of ideas ahead!
The use of old wheels in the country
We have a great material that we recommend to read - a fence from the wheels.
This is an original and practically free fencing that any summer resident can do with his own hands.
But we want to advise a few more areas of application:
- The first thing that comes to mind is a nest for birds. Several decades ago, nests for storks and other birds were often made from old wheels, placing them on poles, fixing and throwing hay on top. This is a very useful event;
- Also, motorcycle wheels, which are smaller in diameter, but made of slightly more durable materials, can be used to create lamps for the garden. We already have a lot of ideas on this issue, and you can study them in this article, but you can also use wheels. You need to get out all the needles from it, except 4-6, which will serve as lamp hangers. On the rest, fixing them in the upward or downward direction, install the lamp;
- It is worth noting that the classic is the production on the wheelbases of motorcycles carts for the garden. Earlier we said what they should be, and for what kind of work they are most suitable (we read about carts here), but now you can do something similar on your own.
Old doors are also useful.
- Old doors of a country house can always be put in order and installed at the entrance of a summer kitchen, a temporary building or a shed;
- If such doors are no longer subject to restoration, they can always go for firewood, but you should not hurry, because the canvas can be attributed to the economic yard and use it there. Several doors - this is a great platform, temporary, but will serve for several years. Also, from three or four doors you can create a small pen for animals, for example, for birds, nutria, rabbits;
- Another use could be decorating the dacha. Many handicrafts look interesting in landscape design, so we tidy the doors with a simple painting and assemble original arches, false doors into the house, simply fixing them on the wall, folding or just an ordinary garden table, and so on.
Old bath: some more ideas
Earlier we talked about the fact that you can make a small pond or a sufficiently capacious container for plants from an old bathroom, which can be placed in a garden or even near a kitchen garden and grown in it, say, greenery. But the muse again visited us, and today we are ready to give you a few more directions for using the old bath in the country:
- The pieces of furniture for the recreation area that we studied in this article are quite original and practical, but you can also make a small sofa from the bath, which, at the end of the work, will be very interesting. For the production of such furniture, we only need to cut the side wall with a grinder, selecting the shape of the furniture, and check the stability of the legs of the bath. Next, drill through holes, install the crate over the inside, lay it with foam rubber and sheathe it with a cloth. It turns out a small but cute and cozy sofa;
- In addition to this use, the old bath can be a form for the production of large-sized artificial stone. How to produce a similar decor, we have already said in this article, but now we will help you with a stone to create garden paths. It will not even be a stone, but whole plates, the parameters of which you define yourself by cutting out the form. The top of the bath is cut off, and the lower part becomes a form for pouring blocks, from which it will be possible to lay out a serious path or even a platform.
The garbage from leftover garbage (video)
Broken building material in the country
Construction debris is used not only in the dumping of sites, on the subject of which we gave our readers an answer to this link, and in the sleeping of large pits and ravines, but also in other areas:
- From construction waste you can build again! Many of us do not disdain to use country garbage for our own purposes, so why buy a new and expensive brick or other building blocks if we are going to build a small barn after dismantling a certain building in the country. It can be built of brick, which is cleaned from the dried mortar. Also, from this material, you can build borders for garden paths or flower beds, lay the base under the dacha table, well, or smash smaller, and fall asleep in a trench as a drainage cushion;
- Broken bricks, concrete, and pieces of cement are a beautiful decor. It is worth smashing all the materials and sorting them well to remove sharp fragments and small debris from the general mixture, and also select material of approximately one fraction for further use. Everything, now you have ready backfill for tree trunks in the garden, which will serve as mulch, top layer for backfilling of beds, or just material that can be tamped along certain garden paths in certain forms;
- Such a diverse mixture will also be suitable in specialized applications, for example, to form the banks of a river, another reservoir that is bottled in spring. For this construction debris will only need to be sealed in bags, well, or use gabion structures for this. By the way, we recommend that you also read about gabions and their use in the country.
As you can see, the ideas of using old rubbish and dacha trash do not end there, and we could talk for a long time about the use of old automobile tires (some crafts can be studied here), bottles, articles of clothing, outdated dishes and even decoration materials holiday home. But for now, giving you time to digest all of the above. If you have any questions or suggestions, do not hesitate to comment on the article, we will respond to every opinion!