In the hallway of a typical apartment, a lot of things are often collected: clothes, shoes, umbrellas, gloves, scarves, hats, etc. All this clutters up the room, because sooner or later it ceases to fit on shelves and hangers. On various photos of the design of the hallway, corner wardrobes are often found. They fit well in small spaces, not taking up much space, and are also roomy enough to store what is needed.
Advantages of wardrobes
Such furniture has a lot of advantages in comparison with classical case analogs:
- Compact appearance with a large capacity, shallow cupboards (45 cm) are quite suitable for the smallest hallway;
- Even the most compact in size corner wardrobe has a large internal area with several departments, shelves, etc .;
- Due to the large number of parts (shelves, hangers, nets, hooks, etc.), the corner cabinet is suitable for storing all things;
- Sliding doors save space;
- A variety of materials, forms, facade finishes, etc. allows you to choose furniture for any interior hallway.
Thanks to these advantages, corner and straight wardrobes become the most popular in the interior hallways. Modern design and high-quality materials allow you to fit them in any style.
How to organize space
The entrance hall is often the smallest room in an apartment, therefore the organization of the room must be approached most carefully. Before purchasing a corner wardrobe, you need to think in advance about some things:
- If you like dark colors in the decoration of cabinets, you should think about additional sources of light, so that the interior does not seem too gloomy;
- The mirrors that are near or opposite the light source look spectacular, this technique visually enlarges the room;
- Simple and clear lines do not overload the interior and look easier, unlike complex structures;
- Do not store unnecessary things in the corridor, it is better to throw out the old one, making room for a new one;
- Even before the repair, it is better to make a floor plan with a schematic arrangement of furniture;
- Try not to leave empty walls and niches, if they are in the hallway, in a small room all the space should be involved;
- Choose high corner cabinets from floor to ceiling hallway;
- Smooth facades with mirrors or painted look tidier than many open shelves with a pile of things and shoes;
- If you want to remove bulky clothing (for example, hide winter clothes for the summer), you can use vacuum bags for easy storage;
- Corner wardrobe with sliding doors is more appropriate for a small hallway, in the open form of the sash do not interfere and do not take up extra space.
Do not clutter the corridor with unnecessary furniture. If there are few things, a single wardrobe will perfectly cope with the duty to keep things away from prying eyes.
Types of corner wardrobes
The depth of the shelves - an important parameter in the arrangement of the hallway. If the corridor is narrow, it is better to choose models later, up to 50 cm. You can compensate for the lack of depth with the length of one of the sides of the cabinet itself. If there is a lot of free space in the corner, you can purchase a cabinet with a depth of about 70 cm. At the same time, it is necessary to take into account that the roll system hides 10 cm, so the actual depth of the shelves will be slightly less. It should also take into account the material and color of the headset, choosing it for the hallway. Corner wardrobe should be in harmony with decoration, as well as other pieces of furniture.
Some models are complete sets with additional shelves, cabinets, drawers, stools, hooks, etc. The corner wardrobe complete with these items creates a harmonious set in the same style. If necessary, all the missing items can be bought separately, in this regard modular furniture is very convenient. A series of modules manufactured at the factory allows you to group any headset that meets the style and needs of the household. Whichever picking option is chosen, it must be borne in mind that inside there must be both large vertical compartments and several horizontal compartments.
Important! It is possible to add an angular case, selected for a hallway, with the help of a shoe holder with a soft seat, selected in accordance with the general style. If there is a place to store shoes in the closet, you can get by with a regular ottoman or a low bench so that it is convenient to change shoes.
Depending on the dimensions of the hallway, the doors of the corner wardrobe may be classical hinged or more modern - sliding. Also, different models may differ in the number of valves from one to three or more. Choosing exactly swing doors, it is worth considering the location of other pieces of furniture, walls, as well as doorways. So opening the cabinet will not cause inconvenience. In the photo below you can see several options for ideas on how to install a corner wardrobe in the hallway.
BuiltThe design of the cabinet has no cover and rear walls. Details are attached directly to the walls, floor and ceiling, as a result, it can not be moved if such a need arises. Built-in wardrobes are very difficult to transport, in addition, when moving to a new place, they may not be suitable for the new hallway. On the other hand, such a corner cabinet does not load the space, due to the smoothed corners. This not only frees up the area a bit, but also allows you to avoid accidental injuries. This is even more important if there are children at home, kids usually love to play, imagining the closets as houses or caves.
ModularThis model is the most convenient - you can independently choose the number of modules and assemble them in the desired order. Modular furniture is available at once with entire collections, so that even as time passes, headsets can be supplemented with new elements or replace old ones. Modular corner wardrobes are a very convenient find for small hallways, this is how they look in the photo:
By type, radial cabinets are similar to corner cabinets; they also require a free corner for placement. However, there is a significant difference - the shutters move in an arc, the capacity of such a cabinet is much higher than that of the classic corner. The facades can be decorated with a picture or a photo print, however mirrors for decoration are not used here due to the complex shape of the doors.
Radial cabinets are suitable for any hallway, even the smallest. The minimum bending radius is only 30 cm, such a tall cabinet from floor to ceiling will resemble a column. Such models have no corners, which is much safer in everyday life. Rounded lines visually smooth the space, making it more spacious.
Some models of corner wardrobes can be supplemented with many useful details:
- Open shelves with rounded edges, you can store various trifles such as decorative gizmos on them. If the dimensions of the shelves allow, they will fit the drawers, laundry baskets and boxes.
- Boxes for storing winter and demi-season gloves. Now this accessory is always at hand, so it is not necessary in the morning to look for a soul mate in a hurry, being late for study or work.
- Children's hangers. Usually they are located at the level of growth of the child, so now he can learn independence by himself undressing and putting clothes in the closet.
- Key holders - a trifle, but very useful. This is a small panel with a number of hooks or a separate shelf. Now the keys will be stored in one place.
- Obuvnitsa as an element of the cabinet is rarely large. Usually this is a series of shelves opening at a certain angle. In such a place it is inconvenient to store high boots or shoes with heels, so it is better to leave the shelves for slippers or summer shoes and shale.
- Separate shelf for hats.
- Storage space for bags or suitcases depending on the size.
Additional elements of the corner wardrobe in the hall help in the proper organization of the room and storage - everything you need is in place. From such small details creates a cozy atmosphere.
Depending on the style of the interior, the design of the facade can be very different. Someone likes simple minimalist versions of corner wardrobes with a mirror in the central part, and someone wants to surprise the guests with a beautiful painting or mosaic. Various design options for the facades of corner wardrobes in a small hallway can be seen on the selection of photos below.
The mirror plays not only a practical role during gathering on the street. Mirror surfaces visually expand the interior and give more light. The size of the mirror can be the entire facade or be quite small. If you hang another mirror opposite the mirror wardrobe, you get the effect of a corridor and the illusion of infinite space.
An alternative to classic mirrors is glossy facades. Gloss also visually expands the corridor, especially in a composition with the same stretch ceiling or a shiny floor. Looks like a corner cabinet with a mirror in the interior of the hallway, you can look at the photo.
Stained glass window
Stained glass facade is a stylish and sophisticated design element. Bright colors will enliven the interior and paint it with a variety of shades, reflecting the light from the multi-colored glasses. However, it is important to bear in mind that the stained glass in itself is a very bright element of the decor, so you should not overload the hallway with other accents, otherwise the interior will look too tasteless, and the abundance of bright colors will be annoying.
Most often, the matte facade of the corner wardrobe is designed as a colorful photographic image. This is an original and bold decision, which will instantly transform the interior. Most often, this furniture is only available on request, when you can choose an image yourself. However, wardrobes with pictures on the doors can be found in the furniture store, but the choice is not too wide. On the facade you can depict the landscape, still life, flowers, abstract patterns. This is a godsend for lovers of bright colors and unusual details in the interior.
How to choose
The material from which the corner wardrobes for the hallway are made should be practical and durable. The tree is suitable for classic and rustic interiors, it is a noble, reliable and refined material, but for the price of a fully wooden wardrobe will cost a lot. More economical options are possible - MDF, chipboard, furniture board. Such a cabinet can be finished with veneer, laminate or melamine, but natural wood is often simply coated with varnish or paint, for example, in the style of Provence. The decorative elements are not only facades with mirrors or stained-glass windows, but also accessories. Handles and hooks can be made of expensive metals and made in an intricate style.
Choosing a closet in the hallway, you need to understand that this place is subject to the greatest load. That is why it is necessary to choose the most durable material. Of course, if possible, this should be a real tree, however, high-quality modern materials can last for quite some time. Due to the coating of natural wood veneer, such a cabinet is apparently indistinguishable from the wooden one.
Important! It is better to decide on the style of the wardrobe compartment before repairs in the hallway - it is easier to choose additional accessories for it than to try to attach the compartment to the already finished interior.
When buying, it is important to check the fittings. All handles, brackets, hooks, etc. must be in place and firmly attached. The biggest burden falls on hangers and handles, so it is best to choose cabinets with metal fittings, plastic will quickly become unusable. It is also worth checking out the roller mechanism, the doors should open and close smoothly, without squeaks.
A reasonable and balanced approach to the choice of corner wardrobe allows you to combine style and practicality in the interior of even the smallest hallway. The first thing to choose is the material (taking into account the specifics of the room, it must be of the highest quality). The second detail is the decorative elements of the cabinet; they must be in harmony with the decoration of the room, as well as with the rest of the furniture. And the third, no less important when choosing, is the model of the cabinet itself. Modular construction or built-in - depends on the layout of the hallway and the personal needs of the household.