The classic style is not out of fashion, it is always an up-to-date design option for the interior of any room, it is no coincidence that it is translated from Latin as a standard, sample. As a rule, it is preferred by conservative people choosing comfort. The decision to decorate the hall in the classical style means to choose design techniques and methods tested by time.
Good quality and sophistication are two bold lines through the entire direction of the classical style
Characteristic features of the interior
The design of the hall in the style of a classic is most suitable for rooms of the correct form, without cut, rounded corners. It is necessary to resort to this style direction, decorating large areas. However, small corridors are no exception. Then for a visual increase and rational use of space will require significant redevelopment.
Gilding looks very successful against the background of pastel shades
The interior of the hall in a classic style in the apartment has the following characteristics:
- Geometrically correct and clear lines inherent to all component parts;
- The use of natural building, finishing and decorative materials;
- Multiple light sources;
- Light restrained tones;
- Massive furniture;
- The presence of large mirrors;
- Forged, chased, carved products, stucco;
- Moderate amount of luxury accessories;
- Monotony and restrained classic patterns.
In the design of the hallway in the classical style is often used natural stone and wood.
The design of the hallway must be combined with the rest of the premises.
Important! If only the corridor is designed in the classics, then it is important to harmoniously combine it with other directions, using smooth transitions. It is preferable to adhere to the classic style throughout the apartment.
White walls of the hallway in a modern classic style complements the light parquet.
The choice of materials for decoration and decor
So that the design of the hallway in the classical style in the apartment corresponds to the genre, it should be reasonable, with the utmost responsibility, approach the finishing work and the selection of building materials.
Balance and severity - inherent features of the classic extend to the choice of color design. The palette is characterized by the predominance of soothing light colors, close to natural shades. Preference is given to white, beige, blue, sandy, woody, pistachio, pale yellow, flax and others.
Chess floor dilutes the white monochrome walls of the hallway in a classic style
Designers opt for surfaces decorated in the same color, advising to combine no more than 3. Two-color combinations are most common: the base is a light scale, the other is as an accent.
Exquisite lobby with beige walls in a classic style.
The optimal background for the hallway in the classic style will be white, ideally allowing you to place contrasting furniture, use a variety of decorative elements, as well as drastically change the shape of the room.
Exquisite combination of white and gray in the hallway in a classic style
Do not forget about one of the main rules - almost the absence of bright accents. Make out wall surfaces often wallpaper or facade plaster. They must be lighter than furniture.
Wallpapers fit easily into the corridor in a modern classic style.
Picking up the wallpaper in the hallway in a classic style, stop your eyes on the glossy texture with a paper or fabric base. Matte options can reduce the area, so they are not recommended to use. Heraldic patterns or unpretentious ornaments are popular.
Beige plain walls perfectly complements good-quality furniture from noble wood.
Use natural wood panels of noble breeds. It is possible to combine wallpaper with plastering or wall covering of walls.
Bright colors fit perfectly in classic style.
Tip! Decorating the walls with plaster, decorate them with a decorative panel of rags of non-woven wallpaper, while not forgetting about the harmonious combination of texture and color.
A prerequisite for the choice of flooring - in harmony with the color of the walls. Since the classic is characterized by luxury, it is preferable natural expensive materials. For the cold version, a monophonic or patterned marble floor is considered ideal, as well as an imitation for it.
As an alternative, choose natural wood or parquet. In the classic-style hallway, the light colors of the floor will add warmth and comfort. For practical owners, the best option would be a laminate that imitates the texture of wood, has high durability and is easy to wash.
The classic style of the hallway is white or pastel tone of the ceiling, decorated with stucco / ornament. It can be done by painting, whitewashing, using decorative plaster, drywall, even stretch ceilings are allowed.
The decor elements are arranged symmetrically. The best option would be the use of architectural elements in the antique style. Bright focus will be the backlight.
The following items are appropriate in the interior:
- Wardrobe for the hallway in the classical style is better to choose from solid wood with swinging doors. The ideal solution would be to have a display case. Small rooms are equipped with a wardrobe. It can be styled under the screen. The doors are carved, stucco or wood / bronze moldings.
- The hanger can be used for its intended purpose or as an accessory. A real decoration of the interior will be things with artistic forging, lace carving.
- Furniture set in which the outerwear, accessories, a mirror a soft zone, boxes for the trifles replacing a dresser / curbstone is placed. This option is perfect for those who want to save space. Perfectly proven Italian headsets for the hallway in a classic style, characterized by an enviable quality. They combine beauty and aristocracy. Manufacturers offer modern furniture, made in the neoclassical style of technology that allow it to use over 80 years. Its interior finish, protected from mechanical damage, does not rot.
- The dressing table / stack on curved legs with thread will give elegance to the room. Preference is given to wooden or forged products.
- A small chair, stool or ottoman for the convenience of putting on shoes should be combined with other pieces of furniture (for example, dressing table) and made in the same technique. The banquette in the hallway of a classic style should be soft, with the presence of noble fabrics: satin, silk, jacquard, as well as decorated carriages.
Classic furniture fittings are represented by massive door slopes. The front door, trimmed with leather, looks stylish and elegant; arches in interior doors and columns are preferable. Particular attention should be paid to the door handles, small interior details.
The furniture in the hallway in the classical style should be of natural shades and contrast with the color of floor, wall and ceiling coverings. For example, for a dark headset, cream, gold or beige shades of walls are suitable.
When arranging furniture, the important point is to maintain the symmetry and the presence of a composite center around which all the objects are lined up. The presence of symmetry can be checked by drawing a visual line showing the proportionality of the spaced elements. The design features of the hallway in a classic style you can see in the photo below.
Good lighting is a fundamental part of the design space. It affects the perception of the overall interior. The main lighting device is a massive suspended chandelier, selected from crystal, preferably made of stucco.
Additional light sources will be wall-styled stylized classic lights, floor lamps symmetrically placed on the floor and other surfaces.
In rooms with low ceilings and narrow hallways in the classical style, the central illuminator is replaced with dotted massive shades located around the perimeter.
It is important to carefully consider the choice of decorative components and accessories.
Selecting textiles, you should give preference to the noble floral ornaments, which should be in harmony with the tone of the furniture and flooring. Suit textile items and accent to the main range of colors. In this case, they should be slightly darker than the main trim.
An integral element is a mirror in a frame or screen, trimmed with a beautiful clipping or forged gilding. It simultaneously performs several functions: it is the main compositional basis, visually expands the space and is used for its intended purpose.
Originality will give decorative accessories. Antique vases, antique watches, rare sculptures, and paintings emphasizing the design completeness are most suitable for a classic interior.
Perfectly fit and become a real decoration of large living indoor plants in beautiful outdoor vases, transferring the consistency of the owners.
How to make a small hallway
Most have a small corridor. Making it, it is important to intelligently exploit every free area.
Designers share the secrets of competent distribution of space in small hallways:
- The presence of a niche is a great opportunity to build a cabinet; in its absence, you can install it along a blank wall. This will save the hallway area from cluttering.
- Think over to the smallest design of the cabinet: plan the compartments for storing shoes and other small things (keys, gloves, etc.).
- Choose an open hanger, which for compactness can be hung on the wall and placed on the side of the entrance.
- A chair or stool will replace a pouf, which takes up little space.
- Instead of a mirror, use the doors of the wardrobe. Mirror can make the whole door or hang it in a frame.
- Visually raising the ceiling will help the frieze - the remaining non-glued white painted part of the wall separating the ceiling and wallpaper. Edging friezes decorate with stucco.
- Hang a compact chandelier with the required elements of artistic forging.
- Luxury small hallway will add copies of Renaissance paintings in gilded frames. You can apply the painting to decorate the walls and ceiling.
Classics are eternal, neither time nor fashion is subject to it. This style of interior design will never lose its relevance, and the use of expensive and practical materials will allow you to forget about repairs for a long time.