The wardrobe is an essential attribute of a modern hallway. It keeps a lot of things in itself, providing them with easy access and allowing you to keep the room tidy. The choice of the size of the cabinet depends on the shape and area of the hallway. A large closet with a huge number of sections is suitable for a spacious corridor, and for a narrow one you will need to choose a more compact version, with a depth of no more than 40 cm. Similar models can be seen in the photo. The wardrobe in the hall with a depth of 40 cm will fit perfectly into the interior of a small apartment.
The advantages of installing shallow cabinets
The 40 cm deep cabinet has several advantages:
- Compactness - narrow furniture saves the living space of the corridor;
- Possibility of installation even in the smallest hallway;
- Spaciousness - despite its compact size, it can accommodate a lot of items, if all the necessary things fit in the closet, the corridor can not be littered with other types of furniture: shoe rack, shelves, wall shelves;
- Convenience of use - usually cabinets with a depth of 40 cm are available with doors that open as a compartment, they are more comfortable than swing doors;
- If the cabinet is equipped with a mirrored door and lighting, this eliminates the installation of an additional wall mirror and lamps.
Types of wardrobes 40 cm deep
By design, wardrobes are divided into:
- Built. They are built into the wall, occupy the entire space from the floor to the ceiling, so they do not have a back wall, side panels and tops. This design takes up minimal space, but it cannot be moved to another place. Built-in storage system is made to order and is cheaper than freestanding. Below is a photo of the built-in wardrobe in the hall with a depth of 40 cm.
- Semi-built. Differ in the absence of only one of the elements, for example, only the rear wall or only the side panel.
- Corpus. Such a storage system is a detached structure that can be moved to any other place.
The type of construction should be chosen based on the area of the corridor, its shape, the preferences of the owners and the architectural features of the room. So, for example, the built-in design will organically fit into a niche.
The shape of the cabinets are divided into:
- Rectilinear. This is the standard and most common option. Such a storage system may consist of two, three or more sections. It all depends on the size of the hallway.
- Angle (L-shaped). Occupy the corner and the area along the two walls. Furniture of this form is considered the most compact.
- Triangular. This is a subspecies corner cabinet. It occupies a corner of the room diagonally.
- Trapezoidal. The closet is like a trapeze. Its front part is parallel to the rear, and the sidewalls are arranged not perpendicularly, but diagonally. Often, these cabinets on the sides are equipped with open shelves.
- Arc (radius) cabinet. The frontal part is rounded. If there are more than two sections in the cabinet, then the shape of the cabinet may be undulating. The arc wardrobe in the hallway with a depth of 40 cm is shown in the photo.
Tip! The corner cabinet will fit perfectly into the interior of a square room, but for a narrow long corridor it will not work and will only block part of the passage.
When choosing a cabinet, it is necessary to take into account its external attractiveness, the ability to fit into the interior and the quality of the materials from which it is made.
The frame of the door can be made of such materials:
- Aluminum is a reliable and durable material with low weight and not subject to corrosion;
- Steel - has a higher hardness and density, steel weighs a lot, but the finished design with it costs less than aluminum.
Types of housing materials
Cabinets are made of such materials:
- Natural wood. It is eco-friendly, durable and expensive material. Not every person can afford to buy natural wood furniture. Below is a photo of a wooden wardrobe in a hall 40 cm deep with hinged doors.
- MDF is a modern material, which is a very fine sawdust, fastened with paraffin and lignin. MDF is flexible, can be carved and milled, so it is often made of a cabinet with rounded elements. The main advantage of the material is environmental friendliness. MDF has all the advantages of natural wood, is able to imitate its surface. This material is resistant to the appearance of fungus and microorganisms, does not swell from water. Its surface is decorated with decorative film or natural veneer. MDF boards are cheaper than wood, but more expensive than other imitating materials.
- DSP is an inexpensive material that is actively used in the production of budget furniture. It consists of sawdust tied together with formaldehyde resins. In the course of operation, chipboard releases formaldehyde into the environment, which is unsafe for human health. The advantages of chipboard include moisture resistance, durability and ease of processing.
When choosing a cabinet, you need to pay attention to the quality of fittings. It should be strong and reliable.
The choice of design of the facade
Deaf monophonic facades - the traditional version. The surface of chipboard or MDF is laminated, veneered or painted. Wooden facades can be decorated with drawings or embossed images. A wardrobe made of wood is ideal for a classic design style.
Tip! For a dark, small corridor, it is better to choose furniture with facades of light colors. Dark wardrobe suitable for large spacious hallways.
There are enough other design options besides wood, MDF or particleboard. When choosing a cabinet design, you must take into account the style in which the hall is decorated, the look of other furniture. For finishing of facades of sliding wardrobes use a set of different materials.
Facades with a reflective surface look beautiful in any interior style. The mirror surface the size of a person's height allows you to see yourself from all sides before leaving the house. Such a facade will visually expand the space, and the reflection of light in the mirror will allow to illuminate the corridor more strongly. The wardrobe in the hallway with a depth of 40 cm with mirror facades can be seen in the photo below.
Such facades are made of acrylic glass. This material is reliable and durable. It has high impact resistance. Any scratch on the acrylic surface can be sanded away without a trace. Plastic sheets bend, so they are often used in the manufacture of radial cabinets. Plastic facades look good in modern interior styles. For high-tech style suitable cabinet with a glossy front surface for minimalism - with matte.
Eco-friendly materials in the corridor create an atmosphere of peace of unity with nature. Rattan and bamboo are durable and resistant to moisture, so the furniture elements of them are easy to wash. Most often, not the entire facade is made of bamboo or rattan, but only small inserts. Especially harmoniously, this wardrobe fits into ethnic or eco-style.
Glass for storage facades is usually matted, tinted, covered with colored enamel, hiding the contents of cabinets. Caretakers can choose completely transparent doors to demonstrate perfect order on shelves and hangers.
Tip! Behind glass facades the collection of favorite hats, gloves, bags or costume jewelry looks beautiful. Such a cabinet looks like a showcase.
Today at registration of facades of cases sandblasting is very popular. On the mirror or frosted glass with a powerful jet of air and abrasive substances drawing is applied. The picture on the glass looks airy, as if it was applied with powder. You can depict both a small ornament in the corner of one of the doors, and a large drawing on the entire facade. Sandblast image looks unobtrusive and elegant.
Stained glass windows
A good way to get away from template designs and add a unique element to the interior is to decorate the front panel of the cabinet with a stained-glass image. Stained glass can be applied to a mirror, glass or laminated chipboard. The most popular themes for stained glass are floral ornaments and Japanese motifs. The mosaic looks elegant and graceful, so bright color drawings will be the highlight of the hallway.
On the front surface of the cabinet, you can transfer any image or photo. The most popular images of nature, city and sea landscapes, animals and fruits.
You can select a room by selecting a closet with facades of composite materials. Different types of facades are separated by connecting profiles. Usually combined with laminated chipboard with a mirror, painted glass or photo printing.
Standard models of modern cabinets have the following internal content:
- Large compartment for hangers with clothes. It is located in the center. Here you can hang outerwear and any quickly wrinkling things: shirts, dresses and others. Rod for hangers can be placed along or across the section.
- Mezzanine. Located at the top. Due to the fact that they are high and not every family member will be able to reach their contents, they are usually kept off-season clothes. The photo inside the closet with a depth of 40 cm in the hallway can be seen below.
- Shoe shelves. Take up the bottom of the storage system. Depending on the size of the cabinet, either all household shoes or only seasonal shoes can be placed below.
- Shelves for clothes, hats, scarves. Placed on the sides of the compartment with hangers.
The internal filling of the wardrobe in the hall 40 cm deep can be seen in the photo below.
close doors with doors - Magica
Additionally, cabinets are equipped with:
- Drawers suitable for storing: creams for shoes, brushes for clothes, sunglasses, any other accessories;
- Metal mesh for shoes;
- Shelves with cells or retractable holders for belts and men's ties.
If there is space left, a folded bicycle or an ironing board can be put next to the hangers.
Wardrobe can be purchased in the finished version, but it is better to make it to order. In such a situation, it is possible to discuss with the manufacturer the question of additional configuration of the wardrobe in the hall 40, 50 or 60 cm in depth. A photo of the contents of such cabinets inside can be seen below.
Modular cabinets often have elements located outside closed doors: additional hooks for outerwear, a cabinet specially designed for shoes, open shelves for decor.
The wardrobe in the hall with a depth of 40 cm is ideal for small or narrow rooms. It occupies a minimum of space and contains many items. A wide choice of materials for the manufacture of housing and facades allows you to choose furniture that fits perfectly with any style. Having carefully thought out and choosing the design of the cabinet, you can install in the corridor not just a storage system, but a real interior decoration.