Types, applications and materials of arch structures
What if there is a need to divide the space in the room, but you need to do it gracefully? An excellent design solution is the arches in the interior, with the help of which not only the space is zoned, but also the perspective is improved, the room is made refined.
The arch separating the rooms in the apartment, will give unusual to any room. Such an element of construction is used for a very long time. In ancient times, beautiful arches decorated monumental buildings, they served as some support for the design. Now they are used by designers to separate the conditional boundaries of the room, as well as for decoration.
Photo: zoning bar and arch kitchen combined with dining room
Photo: arches in the interior hallways
Types of arches
Arched structures are used in all styles of interior. One can distinguish the following types of them.
- Classic. It can be used in any room in which the ceiling is at a height of at least 2.5 meters. The design is a semicircle with a radius equal to half the doorway.
- Modern The shape of the vault is more like an ellipse, and the rounding is slightly wider than the opening. This design takes up less space and is applicable to any room.
- Romance. The arch has rounded corners and a straight top. This type will look good in a modern apartment.
- Elliptical. Even in a small room, such an arch will create an interesting view. It is almost the same as the classical one, but an ellipse rounding.
- Semi-park Rounding - one-sided. Successfully used for multi-level, embossed ceilings.
- Portal. Arch in the form of a U-shaped opening. After removing the door, the doorway is carefully processed.
- Trapeze. It turns out by sewing up of corners in a p-shaped aperture.
Tip: if you want to change the opening with minimal effort, the best option is a trapezoidal arch. It is enough just to organize it, it looks good on any openings.
Arch to the loggia
Redevelopment in a standard apartment has become commonplace. The old standards provided for very strict restrictions on the living space and the accession of the loggia to the living room sometimes becomes the only way out. Often organize an increase in the living room, bedroom, kitchen or office, attaching a loggia. In this case, the beam, which is carrying and not subject to dismantling, serves as the basis for the future arch.
The most convenient material for the manufacture of the arch - drywall. It allows you to create almost any shape. Another of the most common materials is wood. Some companies make beautiful arches of different shapes, you can also order their production according to your project.
Plastic imitates natural materials well and is able to replace them as a cheaper option. Brick arches are best done in an apartment located in a brick house. Sometimes it is enough to just clean the brick and polish it.
Photo: brick arch
Photo: wooden arch
Photo: drywall arch
Photo: arch of decorative stone
Tip: A very inexpensive way to trim an arch is to use tiles that imitate brick. So you can pick up an imitation of any brick that fits the interior.
Arches in the interior is a great way to get away from monotony and give originality to the apartment. In the hall, this design, which opens into the living room, improves the perspective, makes the room more spacious. The main thing here is to pay attention to color and style.