The corridor is the first thing that every guest sees when entering any home. The decor of the corridor is capable of forming a first impression about the owners of the house, their character, tastes, and preferences. The corridor should be comfortable and attractive, as in the photo. Modern design ideas of the hallway 2017, photos of which are presented below, help to create a fashionable and comfortable interior.
White walls and bright furniture - this year's hit!
The color scheme of the modern hallway
You can beautifully decorate the hallway in any style and any color scheme, but today minimalism is at the peak of popularity. It is based on the principles of simplicity, conciseness, a large amount of space and the use of a monochrome scale. Modern design recommendations on the choice of colors are based precisely on minimalism.
Minimalistic style fits perfectly into the interior of a small hallway.
The walls, floor and ceiling of a modern hallway should serve as a background for other elements of the interior. For finishing of horizontal and vertical surfaces should be selected materials of neutral or light pastel colors:
White monochrome hallway can be diluted with yellow doors
Furniture for the corridor is also selected calm calm colors. It should stand out from the walls. The most appropriate are the white and black colors, as well as all shades of brown.
Black furniture in the interior of the hallway looks very elegant
You can dilute the calm atmosphere with small bright patches of one of these colors: blue, green, red, orange, violet. Bright accents can be books with colorful roots, a lamp shade, a wall picture, a blanket or a bedspread that covers the sofa.
Pastel colors add freshness and comfort to the hallway interior.
Features of the choice of modern materials
In accordance with modern fashion trends, the materials used in the hallway, the following requirements:
- Moisture resistance, wall and floor coverings should not be afraid of ingress of liquid and daily wet cleaning.
- Easy cleaning. From the surface of the finish should be easily removed all dirt.
- Resistance to mechanical damage. Umbrellas, prams are often left in the corridor, various bulky loads rush through it, for example, furniture or household appliances. On the walls and the floor should not be scratches, marks from various objects.
- Environmental friendliness is the main principle of modern design ideas of 2017. Photos of the hallway decorated with natural materials can be seen below.
Naturalness is always in fashion!
For finishing the hallway, you can use different materials. When choosing colors it is necessary to take into account the fact that the entrance hall is devoid of a source of natural light.
Additional lighting copes with the lack of natural light.
In accordance with the latest fashion trends, the design of the corridor ceiling should be kept to a minimum. The horizontal surface should be white and perfectly flat. There are three ways to achieve this:
This is a cheap and easy way, but short-lived. After a few years, whitewashing may begin to crack and crumble.
White ceiling increases space
For the ceiling is usually used water-based paints. They are inexpensive, and paint the surface on their own, without the involvement of professionals. Below are photos of the implemented modern ideas 2017 design a small hallway using paint.
Painting will help to create an individual design in the hallway.
Installing a suspended ceiling
For this, use drywall. With it, you can make the wall surface perfectly smooth. After installation, drywall should be painted. You can embed spotlights in the suspended ceiling. The main disadvantage of this method of finishing is that it eats up part of the usable floor space of the room. The design of the corridor in the apartment with false ceilings can be seen in the 2017 photo.
Drywall helps create any ceiling construction
Another option is to install tension structures. Stretch ceiling looks beautiful, but requires installation by professionals. Installing a stretch ceiling with a glossy surface can visually make the room more spacious, more spacious and lighter.
For wall decoration in the corridor in 2017, it is recommended to use the following materials:
It is inexpensive, you can paint yourself, but before that you need to carefully align the walls.
Vinyl or non-woven wallpapers are perfect for the hallway. They are durable, are not afraid of moisture, hide minor defects of the walls, have an affordable price and a wide selection of colors. Will look beautiful liquid wallpaper. They have no joints, create a flat surface. It is better to entrust the application of liquid wallpaper to professionals. Modern design ideas of the corridor 2017 with wallpaper can be seen in the photo below.
Bare concrete walls look original, modern and minimalist. If there are already concrete walls in the corridor, then the owners can not cover them with anything. You can imitate concrete with paint, plaster or wallpaper. Photos of materials intended for finishing the hallway in the apartment in 2017 are presented below.
The walls, decorated with bricks, look brutal, cause an association with the period of industrialization. To create an original design it is not necessary to use a brick. You can simulate brickwork using textured wallpaper, special decorative panels, and plaster.
You can install luxury and expensive panels of natural wood (cedar, maple, alder, oak). This option is suitable for classic style interior. Cheaper materials such as fiberboard and MDF can imitate wood. Decisions to install plastic panels will be practical.
Tip! With the help of 3d panels of plaster or bamboo in the corridor, you can create a spectacular interior. The walls will be embossed, resembling bulk stonework or sand dunes.
For the decoration of the walls you can use combinations of materials. For example, a combination of wallpaper and wood panels or wallpapers of different types will look beautiful. If there are animals in the apartment, then the lower part of the corridor walls can be trimmed with plastic panels, which are not afraid of teeth and claws, and the upper part with expensive wallpaper.
Modern design ideas include creating accent zones. So in the corridor one of the walls can be distinguished with the help of bright paint, wallpaper with a large pattern, photo wallpaper. A bright color on the accent wall can be duplicated in any small interior elements: hangers, hooks for bags and clothes, floor lamps, wall lamps and others. Below you can see a photo of the hallway design with photo wallpaper, designed in accordance with the modern ideas of 2017.
Requirements for materials for finishing the hallway floor is much higher than in other rooms. It is recommended to choose one of these flooring:
- Linoleum is the most popular material. It is moisture resistant, durable and unpretentious to care. Natural linoleum is made from chalk, wood chips, flax oil, resin. It is completely eco-friendly, expensive. Synthetic linoleum is a practical and inexpensive material; it is sold in a large assortment of colors; it can imitate wood, metal, the seabed, etc. Modern ideas for cost-effective design of the hallway in 2017 can be in the photo.
- Ceramic tile. It is durable, wear-resistant, not afraid of chemical detergents. The tile can imitate various surfaces, including a parquet floor. The disadvantages of ceramic tiles include a cold surface and the possibility of splitting when a heavy object falls.
- Parquet. It looks aristocratic, but is expensive and can quickly lose its attractiveness, if not to comply with the necessary operating conditions.
- Laminate flooring is a cheaper alternative to parquet. Externally, it can be almost indistinguishable from natural wood flooring. Laminate has high strength and wear resistance.
Entering the house, people take off outerwear, shoes, so hallways rarely go without furniture. Modern ideas of furnishing the interior of a small hallway 2017 can be seen in the photo.
For storage in the hallway install several types of furniture.
Large spacious wardrobe
It is recommended to choose built-in models that occupy floor-to-ceiling space with doors that open as a compartment. It can accommodate hooks and hangers for clothes, shelves, drawers, mezzanines, metal baskets, small sections for various accessories.
To make the cabinet less noticeable, it is worth choosing a model of white or the same color as the walls. For a visual increase in the size of the corridor, it is recommended to install a cabinet with mirrored doors. The design of the cabinet with mirror elements corresponds to the modern design ideas of the narrow corridor 2017, the photo of which is presented below.
If the hallway is square, you can install an angular wardrobe in it. It is compact and spacious.
They do not take up much space. On the shelves you can decompose various decor items (books, for example), perfumes, cosmetics, jewelry boxes. It is important to keep in mind that the contents of the racks are on public display. Therefore, there must be order on the shelves.
Modular Storage System
It consists of blocks, different in size and internal content. Blocks can be swapped, rearranged on their own. Modern modular designs have a minimalist design. They are distinguished by smooth monophonic surfaces and concise fittings. Instead of handles, special grooves in cabinets can be installed. The furniture wall on which cases with deaf facades are combined with open shelves looks beautiful. Shelves can be illuminated with LED strips. They visually facilitate the entire structure, and will look great as a night light. Photos of the design of the hallway in a private house with a modular storage system 2017 can be seen below.
Dresser with mirror
They can be parts of one headset or be purchased separately. Shoes can be folded into a chest of drawers, as well as accessories for it: sponges, cream, brushes for cleaning, spoons for a more comfortable putting on of shoes.
Tip! Bright metal cabinets used in changing rooms of public buildings can become an original highlight of the corridor in a modern style.
To make it convenient to take off and put on shoes, you should put a sofa in the hallway. The following requirements are imposed on it:
- Compactness. Upholstered furniture in the hallway should not take up much space.
- Practicality. The upholstery of the sofa should be made of a fabric from which you can easily wipe off any dirt. It is recommended to install in the corridor sofas made of leather or leatherette. Photos of hallways in private homes in 2017 with leather sofas can be seen below.
- Functionality. In the hallway would be appropriate to install the sofa with a compartment under the seat. There you can store shoes, umbrellas or other necessary items. Another option is to purchase a sofa bed. When folded, it is compact, reminiscent of an ottoman, and when unfolded it forms two beds at once.
A sofa or a pair of soft ottomans will give the interior home comfort. Modern design ideas of a small hallway 2017 with a sofa are presented in the photo.
In some private houses there are hallways with a window. In the apartments, the corridors are not equipped with natural light sources. Therefore, when someone enters the corridor, regardless of the time of day, it may be necessary to turn on the lamp. Modern lighting design ideas in a small corridor of 2017 can be seen in the photo.
In order to have enough artificial light in the hallway, you need to install several lamps:
- Ceiling chandelier: it is able to set the tone for the interior of the entire room, so a luxurious massive chandelier with crystal elements is established in classical style, and a chandelier of unusual geometric shape is suitable for the modern style;
- Wall sconces: a few sconces that are evenly mounted along a narrow corridor look very beautiful; modern ideas for the design of a narrow hallway 2017 can be seen in the photo below;
- Floor lamps: if there is not enough space in the corridor, it is better not to use floor lamps so that they do not occupy useful space;
- Spotlights: they are modern, comfortable to use, easily allow you to adjust the degree of illumination of the room.
Tip! You can make the corridor brighter by replacing the blind door between the hallway and living room or another room with a transparent one. The doorway can be removed altogether by replacing it with columns or a graceful arch made of plasterboard.
Selection of decor
Decor elements will be able to decorate any corridor, give it character. The most important thing is not to overdo it: a large number of accessories can litter a small space. For decorating the hallway, you can use:
- Mirrors They reflect light, making the room deeper, bigger. In addition to performing aesthetic functions, a mirror in the corridor is necessary so that you can fix your clothes, hair and makeup before leaving the house. The mirror can become an interesting element, combined with the chosen style of the interior. You can hang a rectangular, round, or any other shape, for example, imitating a wave. Modern designs of mirrors 2017 for the hallway in the apartment can be seen in the photo.
- Carpet. This is not the most practical element of the interior. According to many people, the carpet is not the place in the hallway. It collects all the dust and dirt, and is much harder to clean than any smooth surface. But the carpet gives comfort, creates a welcoming atmosphere.
- Indoor plants that do not need sunlight.
- Picturesque landscapes, reproductions of paintings by great artists, black and white photographs of modern photographers, abstractions, family photos. Wall paintings will help reveal the individuality of the owners. The design of a narrow hallway 2017 with paintings on the walls are shown in the photo.
- Floor vases. A large vase will take its place in the free corner of the room.
Modern design ideas of the hallway suggest that the owners will implement the most courageous solutions that will make the interior truly unique. In addition to appearance, do not forget about functionality. All elements of the interior of the corridor should create comfort for both households and guests.