Design living room - a responsible matter. This room should reveal the character of the owners of the dwelling, demonstrate their refined taste to all the guests. Finishing the room - the most important component of the interior. It can set the mood in a room or be a neutral background for more expressive pieces of furniture and decor. Many owners in the process of repair are guided by modern ideas of wall decoration in the living room. Photos of stylish interiors show all the latest design trends.
Light walls in the living room - always a win-win!
Wallpaper - the most popular finishing material. Wall-paper is easily and quickly glued, produced in a large assortment of colors, with different patterns, drawings. Wall-paper is issued such types:
- Paper - the most eco-friendly, cheap, but short-lived.
- Vinyl. Consist of two layers - paper or non-woven and vinyl. This wallpaper is durable, wear-resistant and moisture-resistant, easy to clean, but badly breathable.
- Flizelinovye. Flizelin - the basis of the wallpaper, which is applied to the drawing of foamed vinyl. This finishing material is well breathable. It is durable, wear-resistant, elastic, hypoallergenic, but expensive.
- Textile. Represent a non-woven or paper base, covered with a cloth. Look expensive and exclusive. Among the advantages can be identified good sound and heat insulation, environmental friendliness and durability. Cons: expensive, absorb odors, attract dust, it is difficult to stick. Wall decoration in the living room in a classic style with textile wallpaper can be seen in the photo.
- Liquid. They are a mixture of natural, cellulose or silk fibers. Liquid wallpaper does not leave joints and seams, allow air to pass through, but retains heat and absorbs noise. The disadvantages include the high cost, long-term drying and the fear of wet cleaning.
- Natural. They are made using wood veneer, cork and jute fiber. Look cozy, are expensive.
- Metallic. A thin layer of foil is glued to the paper base. The surface of the wallpaper may contain embossing, drawings.
Vertical stripes on the walls help to make the room taller and more spacious.
Tip! Brilliant metallic wallpapers look spectacular in the ultra-modern interior of hi-tech style.
Gray in the living room in the style of "high tech"
Coloring - one of the most common ways of finishing. It is possible to paint walls one color or combining several colors, showing the creative imagination, creating intricate patterns and drawings.
Dark blue walls in the color of the facades of the cabinet look like one whole
Tip! If the windows of the living room face north, it is necessary to decorate the walls in warm sunny colors, if to the south - in cold ones.
Stylish decor will dilute the monochrome of plain walls
The pros and cons of paint
The advantages of using paint include:
- Preservation of the useful space of the room: the thickness of the painted walls practically does not differ from unpainted ones;
- Simplicity of works: it is possible to paint walls easily the hands;
- Low cost;
- Unpretentiousness in leaving: the painted surface can often be washed with a damp cloth, any dirt can be easily erased from it;
- Resistance to mechanical damage, painted wall is not afraid of scratches, which is why painting is recommended in homes where children and animals live;
- Large assortment of colors.
The pastel shade of blue is very suitable for the living room.
The main drawback of paint - the need to align the walls and bring them to perfect condition.
Types of paints
On sale there are paints of several types:
- Water emulsion Diluted with water, provide a perfectly smooth surface, almost odorless. The only negative - the inability to use on a glossy surface.
- Oil and enamel. Resistant to moisture, heat, light, applied to the wall with a brush, roller or spray. It is possible to apply paint on any surface: wood, plaster, metal. The disadvantages include strong odor and flammability.
- Glue. They have good breathability, but they are afraid of water.
- Silicate. Ideal for finishing plastered walls, breathable, resistant to moisture and temperature extremes.
Wall painting options in the living room are presented below in the photo.
Types of paints for concrete
Among the modern design ideas of the living room, not the last place is occupied by the decoration with natural stone. It creates a brutal atmosphere. Stone is a heavy material, so it is usually used to finish not all walls, but only one.
Sand stone wall in the living room with fireplace
With the help of masonry, you can arrange a door or window opening, a fireplace or just one wall, making it an accent part of the interior. The masonry looks impressive, solid.
Natural stone is perfect for living room walls.
Natural stone is expensive, so many use artificial stone for wall decoration. It is much easier, but outwardly practically does not differ from the natural. Below you can see the options for finishing the walls in the living room with a stone.
Artificial stone living room wall decor
One of the simple but original methods of finishing the walls in the living room is the application of decorative plaster. It is easily applied to any surface, does not require careful preparation of the walls, unlike paint, hides minor defects. Decorative plaster is able to create a unique, unique wall design.
Plastering the walls in the living room
Tip! Light pastel colors of walls visually expand the space, while dark and rich colors reduce it.
Venetian plaster is in special demand. It is able to imitate natural stone. The result is a smooth glossy surface that resembles marble. Venetian plaster does not crack, is not afraid of moisture, high and low temperatures, can be repaired and restored. In the photo below you can see the ideas for decorating the walls in the living room with decorative plaster.
Natural wood has always been valued. Only she is able to create in the room a unique home comfort, an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality. That is why for wall decoration in the living room often used wooden wall paneling. Its advantages include:
- Attractive appearance;
- Environmental friendliness and safety;
- Good sound and heat insulation properties;
- Easy installation;
The disadvantages of using lining include:
- High price;
- Reducing the useful area of the room;
- The need for careful care to protect the wood from pests and moisture.
MDF panels can imitate the surface of any wood, but they are, unlike lining, much cheaper. MDF boards are veneered, painted and laminated. This material is durable, safe for health, easy to install and maintain.
The disadvantages of MDF include low fire resistance and high weight of the panels. If the owners of the living room want to install on a wall decorated with MDF, wall cabinets or TV, you will have to use special fixtures.
Laminate is perceived by most people purely as a floor covering. In fact, this finishing material looks aesthetically pleasing on the walls. It is durable, durable, practical, able to imitate stone, wood and other materials. For the living room you can pick up the cheapest laminate, as it will not be subjected to heavy loads on the wall.
Attention! Glue laminate can not be installed on the wall, but the tongue and groove is suitable for any surface: wall, floor, ceiling.
Glossy and colorful glass panels are an excellent material for wall cladding. They decorate the interior of the living room, give it elegance, lightness.
The cheapest models are made of ordinary glass. They are easily broken, therefore not recommended for installation in living rooms. It is better to use tempered glass stalinit. It is durable and safe, and in the case of a split, crumbles into small granules with non-sharp edges.
In the living room will look beautiful textured, colored glass and decorative triplex, between the layers of which any image is inserted.
If the owners do not know how to decorate the walls in the living room in a modern design, professionals can suggest a couple of non-standard options. The original way to highlight the living room - to make the walls of the skin. Such walls will definitely attract attention, arouse admiration and envy. Leather is a natural, expensive material, which is not affordable for everyone. The budget option can be wallpaper that mimic the leather surface.
Genuine leather fills the room with a subtle specific aroma. It is warm, muffles noises and provides air circulation.
Drywall - versatile inexpensive material that is used to create floor podiums, suspended ceilings. He is actively used for wall decoration. With the help of drywall, you can easily align the wall for further painting or wallpapering, as well as create various architectural elements with your own hands: arches, niches, shelves.
The main disadvantage of drywall is that it takes up a lot of space. In the process of mounting this material it is necessary to make a batten to which it will be attached.
Modern ideas of wall decoration in the living room, presented in the photo, allow you to choose the best way to finish for each person. Hosts who have conceived the renovation of the guest room can be offered cheap and quick finishes or expensive and difficult to install. The most important thing is to create an interior in the living room that would set up a pleasant tea party with friends, watching a movie with the whole family, or just a pleasant rest in peace and solitude.