If the kitchen is given an honorary title - the heart of the house, then the living room is associated with the soul, and accordingly with purity and harmony. Today the living room is a place where the family gathers in the evenings, exchanges news, holds talks and feasts with close people.
A bold combination of different colors in the living room will make it stylish and unique!
When the combination of colors in the interior of the living room is chosen incorrectly, then the placement of expensive furniture or decorative elements will not be able to rectify the situation. The color scheme is the perfect balance that determines the mood, expressing the state of the “soul” of the room.
The color of the living room reflects the character of the owners.
Choosing a color solution, the main criterion is naturalness. The fashion for ultra-bright solutions irrevocably passed. In some cases, when the room is made to order, designers can use bright elements to create contrast. Today, the following trends are in priority.
Classic combination of black and white
The classic combination in the interior is still relevant and not inferior to their positions, despite the large variety of styles and decorations.
The classic combination of black and white colors in the interior of the living room
White and black are still popular, neutral, ideal for a combination.
- White. Visually enlarges the room, saturates with cleanliness, gives freshness. It is used to create antique interiors in many styles, for example, Shabby Chic (Chebbi Chic).
- The black. Visually reduces space, removes imperfections and curvature of the planes, creates a strict and official style of the room.
Black and white colors create a very elegant and stylish atmosphere in the living room.
Living room in white and black design looks elegant and "timeless fashion". Definitely, the implementation of a competent combination and arrangement of objects requires high qualification and good taste from the designer.
Black in the interior of the white living room looks very noble and elegant
Note! If the white-black design of the space is diluted with plum, orange, mahogany, fuchsia, cherry, olive, yellow or terracotta, you will get an original design in one of the modern styles. The use of the third shade will help to create an original, easy to read interior design.
Juicy red color fits perfectly into the interior of a black and white living room.
Creating an interior in dark colors contributes to the thinking process, creating "some" environment for self-knowledge and self-development of the individual. The combination of dark colors in the interior of the living room, if the walls are brown, is preferred by creative personalities, subtle natures, who can appreciate every minute of silence and their own peace of mind.
Deep purple in combination with black adds subtlety to the interior of the living room.
The main advantages of dark interiors:
- The use of dark colors in the interior helps to create a sense of nobility and wealth;
- Through the dark gamut manages to create an atmosphere of mystery, intima, pleasure;
- A brown living room is a classic interpretation that never loses relevance, according to psychologists, the right combination of brown in the interior contributes to relaxation, a sense of security and comfort;
- For the decoration of the living room can be used several tones, namely: chocolate, sand, coffee and not only;
- The ideal choice for dark living rooms is furniture in bright, pastel colors with soft cushions of more saturated colors.
Dark violet shade is great for living room zoning
Yellow in the interior
It is the warmest and funniest with an entire color palette. Therefore, it is often used to decorate a room by hospitable, cheerful, positive-minded people. Yellow in the design of the room can be used not only in decorative elements, but also as the main one. They make out the walls, ceiling, floor. However, so that the room does not cause irritation and aggression, the ideal combination of colors for the interior of the living room, if the walls are yellow, is to add light green, white, brown to the room.
Sunny yellow combined with pastel green - the perfect solution for a small living room
Green in the interior
For most people, green is associated with spring, and, therefore, with hope and good mood. The correct combination of several colors in the interior of the living room, if the walls are green, can create an emotional explosion. Therefore, it is important to be able to correctly create and combine combinations of this range.
Green in combination with brown color will make the living room warm and cozy.
Secrets of using green:
- Adding white to rich green softens the original tone, creating the most pleasant color for the eye, namely: light green, lime, lemon.
- By right, the perfect combination is a green and coffee duet. The premise in this range predisposes to thinking, relaxation, creating “something” unique.
- The combination of green and woody is the most ideal and natural. Through this duet, it is easy to create a cozy, relaxed atmosphere, close to nature.
Green goes well with white
All shades of green palette positively affect the nervous system, relax. No wonder leading psychologists with a worldwide reputation and recognition recommend people with a penchant for a depressive state to maximally surround themselves with a green palette. It is not only pleasant to the human eye, but also contributes to a positive attitude, self-healing of the body.
Gray in the interior
Gray is considered to be one of the most popular monotypes. Using the original combination of colors in the living room, if the walls are gray, it is interesting to place accents from a wide variety of decorative objects, furniture, differing in size, bulkiness and transparency of light.
Gray is ideally combined with any variation, each time transforming the space in accordance with the internal needs of home owners. Adding a bright decorative accent to the gray base helps to turn the “boring” space into the original parade participant.
Important! Skillful combination of colors in the interior of the living room, if the walls are gray, allows zoning, highlighting the functional part.
The main advantages of the "gray" are:
- Versatility. Gray is an excellent choice for the foundation, helping to get rid of fatigue, emotional stress.
- Simplicity. You can easily change the style of the room, mood, changing the decorative elements, furniture, textiles.
- Practicality. Horizontal surfaces in the "gray" slowly fade, almost never get dirty.
- Large selection of colors. The use of several colors in one room sets the appropriate mood, atmosphere. So, the mainstream duet with the warm ones will create comfort and coziness indoors. And, for example, a combination with cold purple or blue will fill the space with serenity.
Delicate space design solutions involve the use of pastel colors, which are formed by mixing bright and white paint.
To create an English style, a combination of several pastel colors is used. The correct combination of colors in the interior of the living room, if the walls are beige, will be complemented with pink, cream or green. Thus, the combination of several pastel shades contributes to a feeling of comfort, relaxation and pleasant conversation, which is the main thing during tea ceremonies. And they, as you know, in England occupies an honorable place.
Used to create a romantic atmosphere. However, you cannot use it indoors only. It is best to combine the colors in the interior of the living room, if the walls are peach-colored, with white, light green, light pink, beige. As a result, combining several pastel colors, we get an original, refined, positive and “energetically positive” atmosphere. Pastel colors visually expand the space, ennoble, give a feeling of lightness, innocence, softness. Maroon furniture will help to add nobility and luxury to design in pastel shades.
Regardless of the chosen theme, the main thing still remains: the ability to correctly combine and harmonize the shades with each other. Consider the most common combinations for the living room.
- Monochrome style involves the use of several shades of the same basic color. Do not think that living in one color will be dull. Because, for example, only violet has more than 50 tones, of which 37 are often used.
- Polychrome combination involves the use of a combination of tones of two or more colors. The use of additional color helps to diversify the interior of the room, to make a functional accent, to make diversity.
- To select the ideal color scheme, it is best to use the artistic circle (palette), with the help of which a suitable combination and combination can be easily determined.
- Choosing a design style you need to take into account the light in the room. In dark and poorly lit living rooms it will be inappropriate to look dark design.
- Uniform distribution of colors across the workspace.
- Often, to achieve maximum harmony in space, designers use a trick with gradient curtains. Graceful transitions, perfectly smooth and connect all the elements of the decor together.
When using shades from the three basic tones of the artistic circle, leading designers recommend correctly placing accents, namely:
- For the decoration of horizontal and largest surfaces use the brightest tone;
- Use intermediate color to purchase furniture, textile items;
- The darkest tone is best left for decoration, for example, the frame of paintings, figurines and other small items. In this case, it is important not to get involved in dark colors.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the choice of color and accent in the living room - these are the most important points, the skillful definition of which will determine how comfortable and beautiful the space will be. The combination of colors for the living room is often determined by their own preferences, life span, temperament of the owners. Therefore, if you approach the design, listening to the professionals, the result will be perfect.