The living room is the center of the house. It should be beautiful, elegant and comfortable. In the interior of each living room there is a semantic center - an important element around which the furniture is arranged. The semantic center can be a fireplace, a piano, an aquarium, a home theater, an original shelving with a home library. Often, two semantic centers are installed indoors - a fireplace and a TV. In such a situation, it is necessary to reflect on the installation locations of these two elements. Tips from professional designers to help create a harmonious interior living room with a fireplace and a TV.
Modern living room interior with fireplace and tv
Fireplace in the living room interior
Fireplace brings the atmosphere of any home warmth and comfort. The hearth has long symbolized material well-being, a strong and friendly family. Seeing live fire removes fatigue and irritability, relaxes. In addition to the decorative function, the hearth serves as a source of space heating.
Wood fireplace in the living room interior
When setting up a fireplace, you should take care in advance of constructing an exhaust hood for smoke, a place for storing firewood. The hearth should be regularly cleaned of ash. All this can be foreseen in the process of installing a fireplace in a private house. It is impossible to create such conditions in the apartment of a multi-storey building. The best option for apartments is electric fire.
Fireplace in the living room in the style of "modern"
Electrofireplace in essence is the usual electric heater, made in the form of this fireplace. This equipment is able to simulate a living flame and heat the room. Below you can see a photo of an electric fireplace and a TV in the living room interior.
Electric fireplace in the living room interior
Attention! In order to avoid fire, carpets and furniture should be located at a distance of at least 1.5-2 meters from the hearth.
In addition to electric, in the apartment you can install a bio-fireplace. It does not require the installation of the chimney, and biofuel, which is used for combustion, does not emit odor and harmful substances into the environment. Photos of the living room interior with a bio-fireplace and a TV in the apartment are presented below.
There is nothing more comfortable than a fireplace in the living room of a private house.
Types of fireplaces
By the way the fireplaces are divided into:
- Built-in: they are installed in the wall, leaving a lot of free space, but they require large installation costs;
- Walls: the center of this type looks spectacular, but takes a lot of space, therefore it is suitable only for living rooms with a large area;
- Island: they can be placed in the middle of the room, often used as elements of space zoning;
- Corner: The corner type fireplace fits perfectly into a small room, as it takes up little space.
The fireplace of this form looks very impressive, but requires space
Fireplace design in different interior styles
When choosing a home decoration, one should be guided by the style features of the entire living room interior:
- Classicism. In this style, the fireplace portal is made of wood and has a strict U-shape. It is faced with marble or granite, decorated with columns, tiles and bas-reliefs. Pictures of the living room with a fireplace and a TV in a classic style can be seen below.
- Baroque, Empire, Rococo. In these magnificent luxurious directions, the hearth must correspond to the palace style. It is generously decorated with stucco and gilt.
- Country In the rustic interior of the fireplace looks discreet, a little rough. It is faced with tuff or shell rock. Usually, wooden beams are placed over the hearth, and next to it is a wood pile for firewood.
- High tech. The fireplace can be any non-standard geometric shape - in the form of a pyramid or a cube. A nonstandard arrangement can be provided for the hearth: in the middle of the wall, in a column, on the ceiling. The main elements of the cladding: glass, metal, plastic, ceramics. Photos of the TV and fireplace in the interior of a small living room in a modern style are presented below.
Fireplace in a modern living room interior
Tip! The shelf above the hearth should be decorated with decor: vases, souvenirs, candlesticks and other things. The main thing is to match the decor style of the interior and not distract from the contemplation of the burning flame.
TV in the living room
TV is something without which it is impossible to imagine any modern living room. This subject of electronics gathers around itself all households for watching movies or entertainment programs with the whole family. When installing the TV, you must follow some rules:
- It should be located at a certain distance from the eyes, so as not to have a negative effect on vision. The distance depends on the size and quality of the screen.
- The sun's rays should not fall on the screen surface. Otherwise, glare will interfere with comfortable viewing.
- It can not be installed in cramped niches and cover its upper part with a cloth. At the upper end of the device are ventilation holes that can not be blocked.
Design bright living room with TV
TV in different styles of interior
In order for the TV to organically fit into the interior, it is necessary to arrange it so that it matches the chosen style:
- Romanesque, Egyptian or Antique style. It is recommended to hide the TV behind a screen, cabinet doors, install it between columns of plaster or foam, hang it on the wall with photo wallpapers.
- Baroque, Rococo, Empire, Renaissance. The TV is hidden behind a screen, picture, doors, or framed in a baguette. In the latter version, the monitor is stylized as a picture. The frame around it must correspond to the chosen epoch - be massive, decorated with gilding.
- Minimalism, Hi-tech, Loft. Home theater is an essential element of the interior of each of these styles, so its components do not need to be hidden or masked. The living room with a fireplace and a TV in an apartment decorated in a modern style can be seen in the photo.
Bright living room interior with fireplace and TV.
TV wall design
The wall on which you plan to attach the TV, you can not select, painting it with the same paint or pasting with the same wallpaper as on the other three walls. So can followers of minimalism. In most cases, designers recommend allocating a wall with a TV using:
- Multifunctional furniture wall or wall shelves. Preference is given to modular walls. You can buy a monitor, the body of which is combined with the color of the furniture.
- Wallpaper, paint, decorative plaster of a contrasting color. Such a finish further focuses attention on the semantic center of the interior.
- Wall panels made of plastic, fabric, wood or leather. They give comfort to the interior. Photos of the original wall design with a fireplace and a TV can be seen below.
- Niches. To do this, create a box of drywall and fastened to the wall. A television is installed in the central niche, and the niches on the sides are used as shelves for books, CDs, vases, figurines and other objects.
TV in the niche of a multifunctional furniture wall in the living room interior
A special chamber atmosphere will create lighting niches, shelves and rear of the TV.
Location methods of the fireplace and TV
Fireplace and TV - two strong self-sufficient accents. They compete in the process of attracting attention. If you wish, you can combine these two objects in the same room, but it is very serious to approach the issue of planning. There are several options for placing a fireplace and a TV in the interior of the living room, each of which is represented in the photo.
Tip! The TV and the fireplace must be the same size, otherwise a larger object will attract attention.
On one wall
One of the most common options is to place the TV directly above the fireplace. This can only be done if the fireplace is not real, but electric. A fire hearth requires mandatory placement of ventilation above it. High temperatures adversely affect the functionality of the equipment. In addition, the walls of the hearth and chimney can heat up to 50 degrees. To protect the TV from high temperatures, it is set higher, sometimes even under the ceiling. But it is comfortable to watch movies on the screen located so high you can only lie on the couch. The design of the living room with a fireplace and a TV on one wall can be seen in the photo.
According to experts, the location of the TV over the fireplace - not the best option. So when watching movies, the living flame will distract from the image on the screen. Ultimately, one of the items will become redundant.
A much more suitable way of arranging is on one wall horizontally or vertically.
Tip! It is necessary to decorate the living room with a TV and a fireplace. The presence of small details can distract from these two big accents.
On opposite walls
Placing a fireplace and a TV on opposite walls is considered one of the worst options for two reasons:
- Flames of natural or imitating fireplace will be reflected on the TV screen, making it difficult to view;
- Heat from the fireplace can harm the pixels, which is important for narrow spaces.
You can see the interior of the living room with a fireplace and a TV located on opposite walls in the photo below.
On adjacent walls
This method of location can be called the most successful. Opposite the couch set the TV, and to the side of the sofa - the hearth. So everyone sitting on the couch will feel warm from the living flame, and will not be distracted from watching movies and TV shows.
If the living room is large, then you can take one of its corners under the recreation area by placing a TV and a fireplace there. Both items will be located close to each other, but on different walls. Immediately installed chairs with a sofa. The rest of the room can be left for an active pastime, for example, dancing, or make it, for example, a dining room. The photo shows a living room with a fireplace and a TV set on adjacent walls.
Using fantasy, a fireplace and a TV you can harmoniously fit into the interior of the room, making the living room comfortable and cozy. The atmosphere in this room will have to spend long winter evenings in the company of family or friends.