If the room, the purpose of which is a living room, has a balcony, then this is great! Why?
Not only is it convenient, it is also an opportunity to experiment a bit in the process of interior design.
What could be the design of the living room with a balcony?
Do we need a new layout?
If you have a room with a balcony, you most likely thought that it would be nice to combine the room with the living room in order to slightly expand the space of the room. But is it necessary to bother?
- Expansion of the area of the room - if it is small, then after redevelopment it will become a couple more squares.
- Lots of options, how to zoning, how to properly use the space. So, on the balcony can be organized office, a romantic corner, a club of interests.
- To demolish the wall you need to obtain permission for these actions in the BTI.
- Balcony should be carefully insulated to minimize heat loss.
- Redevelopment is an increase in the cost of space heating.
- The work is time consuming, costly.
- If suddenly the state of emergency, then the balcony is the place that is considered the “island of security”.
What to choose?
Balcony "isolated", but still becomes residential, because it settles in the same way as any other dwelling.
Partial alignment - only some part of the wall is demolished. As an example, a section is demolished, where the door is, and a window is being laid, and a partition is thus created.
Moreover, it is possible to remove both the door and the window, leaving only the “window sill”, with which the zone will be isolated.
Full alignment - the entire wall is demolished, and therefore the end result is a single spacious room.
If the combination of a room and a balcony is performed, the first thing to do is to enclose the balcony, and the package must be at least single-chamber so that there is not much heat loss.
If the balcony was not sheathed, then you need to do it. Work begins with the installation of the frame, then the installation of the material - OSB, drywall.
Capital insulation is performed - floor, walls, ceiling. The materials are of high quality, because the comfort of living directly depends on this.
If you have a living room with a balcony, there is no special need to make the separation of sites. But if the desire to perform zoning does not pass, then you can use the following options:
- Any door.
- The easy mobile screen which is easily put and cleaned.
- Curtain complementing the interior. To say that it is isolation is impossible, everything is very conditional.
- The partition can be, as a whole wall, and be deaf, not transparent, and can be tissue, glass.
Performing a modern design of the living room with a balcony, it is important that both the balcony and the room are performed in the same style.
Balcony should be with lighting, especially if it is isolated.
If there are no plans for a dubious redevelopment, then it is much easier to think out the design, because the main focus is on the room, and the balcony is secondary.
- You can unusually beat the wall, for example, a different color, material, different in texture.
- Blind - the most common option, especially if it closes the window and the door.
- For the balcony there is always the opportunity to create a frame, so to speak, that will attract attention.
Illumination, which is organized through the use of mobile lamps that are located on the sides of the balcony or above it. The LED strip runs along the perimeter, and therefore the design can look creative.
If there is a very small balcony, then it will not incur any functional load when combined with a room, and therefore it is worth considering if there is any sense in redevelopment? If you still think that there is, then why not.
If the spacious loggia is elongated, then it is worth combining it with the living room, completely removing the wall. The loggia will be like a continuation of the room, and there will be no boundaries.
When you think over the interior of the living room with a balcony, remember that in order to have a cozy balcony, you need to place a convector on it.
Most often, the balcony is part of the room, but it can be distinguished as a zone.
Look through the photos of the living room with a balcony on the Internet, carefully consider the design of the living room and the design of the balcony to get the result of a stylish modern interior.