The hallmark of any home is the living room. All the guests get to this room and its interior can influence the impression of the owners of the house. In addition, the living room is designed not only for receiving guests, but also for families. Stylish appearance, functionality and comfort - this is what needs to be considered when planning the renovation of the living room. Real photos of modern living room designs will show that you can create a beautiful interior with the help of professionals or with your own hands.
Modern materials will help to make the living room of your dreams!
Preparation for repair
Before the start of repairs, you should develop a living room project, select finishing materials, decide on the color scheme, select furniture and think about its location, plan all costs. Then you need to make a repair plan.
Laconic smooth surfaces again come into fashion
The first stage of repair is preparation. It includes:
- Full exemption of the living room, removal of all items, furniture, electronics;
- Dismantling of the old floor, wall and ceiling;
- Redevelopment (if it is planned): you can expand the doorway or replace it with an arch, dismantle the partitions, combining the living room with a balcony or another room;
- Preparation of surfaces for finishing: walls can be leveled with a putty and primer, a special leveling compound can be used for the floor.
Preparing the surface for finishing by installing plaster grid
Tip! If the surfaces have large differences, then drywall is used for leveling, but installing it results in loss of usable area.
Primer drywall for painting
Most modern living rooms can not boast of large size, so when choosing materials for finishing should be preferred options that do not occupy the useful space of the room. This advice can be guided in the design of a large living room, so that it looks even more spacious. Below you can see real photos of the living room design of 20 square meters. m after repair.
From simple materials you can create a real masterpiece in the living room.
Usually in small living rooms, the ceilings are low, so suspended or suspended structures will only make them heavier and take away some of the space. In this case, to finish the ceiling is better to use one of the options.
Whitewashing and painting
First, the ceiling is whitened, and after drying, paint is applied to it. Modern high-quality water-based paints for a long time retain the attractive appearance of the ceiling, do not turn yellow, are not afraid of moisture. If desired, the painted surface can be washed.
Paint the walls with bright paint
Tip! The ceiling should be lighter than the walls. It is not necessary to use white color. You can stop the choice on a cream or vanilla shade.
Paint roller will help to apply whitewashing or paint smoothly, without streaks and leaks
You can choose vinyl or non-woven wallpaper. They are not afraid of moisture, easily glued and hide small irregularities. An interesting option - wallpaper for painting, their surface can be repainted several times. The only minus is that help is needed for wallpapering; it is better to do it together.
For applying glue to the wallpaper rather ordinary soft brush
It is recommended to choose a glossy canvas. Such material will reflect light, and the room will appear larger. Installation of a glossy ceiling should be entrusted to professionals.
Glossy stretch ceiling looks very impressive in the interior of the living room
Tip! To make the ceilings appear visually higher, instead of the central chandelier it is recommended to install spotlights around the perimeter of the room.
Stretch ceiling with spot lighting is like a starry sky
To give the living room a feeling of lightness, spaciousness, it is necessary to choose light colors for the decoration of walls: pearl, apricot, peach, soft pink, light yellow, sandy, blue. When making the wall in the living room should use materials that save space:
With the help of paint and ordinary roller, you can turn the walls in the living room into a real work of art. The advantages of paint include low cost, ease of operation and wide decoration possibilities. The only negative - the need to align the walls.
The walls of the living room can be glued over with non-woven, vinyl, textile and glass fiber wallpaper. All these types of wallpaper easily tolerate moisture, so they can be washed. Not bad will look in the living room and liquid wallpaper, which are applied to the wall, as a mixture. A large assortment of wallpapers allows you to choose among them a material suitable for texture, color, pattern.
Decorative plaster has many advantages: resistance to moisture and sunlight, environmental friendliness, the creation of a unique design on the walls. However, the process of applying it to the walls is time consuming. First, the surface is cleaned, leveled, primed and dried, then the plaster itself is applied with a spatula. An important point - giving relief, which is carried out using a stencil, textured roller or the same spatula.
Tip! You can add a highlight to the interior decorated in bright colors, you can choose a finishing material of a dark or bright saturated color for one of the walls or stick on it wallpaper.
Virtually any flooring material can be easily laid, glued or fastened with your own hands. To decorate the floor in the living room is recommended to use the following materials:
- Laminate. It has high wear resistance, has an affordable price, a wide selection of colors and textures. First, a special substrate is placed on the floor, and then laminated boards, which are fastened together with a click lock.
- Linoleum - a popular budget material, undemanding in the care. It can be easily laid independently. It is important to prepare a flat surface in advance.
- Carpet. It is pleasant to walk barefoot on such a coating, it creates comfort in the living room, but requires special care.
The number and location of furniture in the living room depends on the size of the room and its shape. There are two most common ways of placing furniture inside the living room:
- Along the walls. Suitable for narrow and long living rooms. This is the traditional option. The real design of the living room after the repair with the arrangement of furniture along the walls is shown in the photo.
- Free It can be chosen by the owners of square-shaped rooms. Most people think that furniture located around the perimeter of the room takes up less space and leaves more free space. In fact, this arrangement creates the impression of a massive frame. But if you retreat from the walls at least for a short distance you can see the illusion of free space.
For small living rooms it is not recommended to use furniture inherent in the classical style of the interior. Massive and heavy elements of the interior visually reduce the room. It is better to choose modern elegant furniture with thin backs and legs. Below are the real photos of the living room design 18 sq. m in Khrushchev after repair.
The undoubted "king" of the living room is a sofa. You can install a classic rectilinear model, but it is an angular sofa that has more seating. In addition, he occupies the corner of the room, which in another scenario will remain empty.
Tip! Against the background of bright furnishings, a sofa with dark upholstery and decorative pillows of bright colors will look spectacular.
On the sides of the sofa, you can arrange the puffs or chairs, harmoniously combined with each other. When installing a corner sofa, you can do without chairs.
Coffee table - a useful element of the interior. It is used during tea drinking. At other times there are fresh newspapers and magazines on it. Coffee tables are made of different materials, the most versatile of which are glass and wood. The glass table is ideal for small living rooms, as in the photo below. Due to the light transmitting material, it seems that he does not occupy space in the room at all.
To store clothes, any items and objects in the living room you can install:
- Cupboard. You can put the built-in closet in the entire wall or choose an angular model. Having decorated the facade with mirror inserts, you can achieve a visual expansion of the space.
- Modular wall. You can install only a floor cabinet and several mounted modules. Such furniture will look beautiful, and at the same time take up little space.
- Racks or wall-mounted shelves are compact options suitable for the placement of decor.
Beautifully decorated interior of the living room - the pride of the owners. Repairing a room is not a simple matter, it requires planning, step-by-step implementation and laboriousness. In this case, you can fully trust the professionals, and you can do everything with your own hands.