Proper zoning in the embodiment of the design of the kitchen, combined with the living room
Thoughts about the redevelopment and the combination of two rooms into one, comes to a head in two cases: if you are the owner of a small apartment with a miniature kitchen or, on the contrary, a modern spacious new building with a planning - a studio. Kitchen design living room in any of these cases will help create a comfortable area where you can cook and eat cooked, relax and receive guests.
In that case, if the conversion requires a Khrushchev or its similarity, the scale of the upcoming work can be scary. Before they start you will need to deal with obtaining permits for redevelopment, wall demolition, and the like. It should be borne in mind that radical changes are unlikely to be carried out. As it will not be possible to move the sink, stove and other elements provided for in the initial design from the kitchen room. Also equip the kitchen living room without partitions can only owners of electric cookers. Geysers and stoves will require any curtains or sliding doors.
Photo: kitchen, combined with the living room, in the interior of Khrushchev
Ways to combine premises
Kitchen and living room can be combined in two ways:
- Partial demolition of the wall, when the upper part is removed, and the lower part remains in place, forming an opening, which can be turned into room decoration with the help of various decorative elements, drywall and other ways.
- Full demolition of the wall when two spaces are combined into one. The doorway adjacent to the hallway, as a rule, is laid, and the resulting niche is removed as a place for a refrigerator. You can enter the kitchen only through the living room. In a large family, this option may not be very convenient.
In that case, if the second option is used, then it is worth to approach the zoning of the room with full responsibility.
Photo: the union of the premises by partial demolition of the wall
Photo: the union of the premises complete the demolition of the wall
The way in which zoning will be carried out depends on the characteristics of the room, its area, height, lighting, especially natural. Depending on these or other conditions may apply:
- A combination of several flooring options. Ceramic tile or other moisture-resistant material in the work area, any other covering, depending on the interior of the living room combined with the kitchen, as well as your financial capabilities and preferences, can be used in the remaining area. The joint of the two floor materials can also be performed in any unusual form.
- The equipment of the podium in the working area, which will serve as a disguise for communications, additional lighting decorating the room, if you decorate it with lamps.
- Ceiling, equipped in several levels of various materials (drywall, suspended ceiling, suspended structures).
- Bar counter.
- Sofa, the size of which and the design is selected depending on the size of the room. The same applies to the dining table.
- The console table is ideal for small apartments.
Tip: One of the easiest zoning options is to install a double-sided shelving, which can be reached both from the kitchen and from the living room.
Photo: Separating the kitchen and living room with a wooden partition
Photo: flooring zoning
Photo: catwalk zoning
Photo: demarcation of space by a multi-level ceiling
Photo: bar construction zoning
Photo: furniture zoning
Cons of joint space
Despite the many advantages inherent in the interior of the living room, combined with the kitchen, this design has several drawbacks.
- A mess
If the main room, the kitchen, is used for its intended purpose and is regularly cooked on it, then maintaining an ideal order there will be quite difficult. Especially when it comes to the interior, decorated in a modern high-tech style, where every little thing that is not in place, will spoil the overall impression.
In order for your kitchen-living room to look tidy, think about how to equip storage spaces for kitchen utensils. Modern sliding systems will help to streamline and arrange all the little things in their places. Equip your kitchen with built-in appliances that will not only make your life easier, but also decorate the interior.
Find a place inside the kitchen furniture where you could store small household appliances and get them out easily.
Photo: kitchen with integrated appliances
- Unpleasant odors
When cooking, the smell of food can spread not only to the living room, but also to the rest of the apartment. To cope with the situation will help high-quality, working without noise hood or other ventilation system.
Tip: When choosing a hood, pay attention to the fact that the device does not have a reverse circulation system, otherwise the air will go back to the kitchen after cleaning.
- Noise from used equipment
The process of cooking with the use of technology can make it impossible for other family members or guests to be in the living area. To avoid this, when buying, consult how the selected devices are noisy in operation. Embedded household appliances work almost silently, due to the fact that the facades of kitchen furniture absorb almost all the noise.