The interior design of the living room in purple tones.
The living room - a place that personifies its owners - should be memorable and cozy. It can be both a place for a loud party, and a quiet refuge from the everyday hustle and bustle. Violet color is most suitable for living room design. With proper application, it will help to create an interior that will always please the eye.
Purple is a constant companion of people with creative thinking. It helps to relax and adjust yourself to the lyrical mood. In addition, the richness of shades - from purple to plum - allows you to create a unique interior. At the same time, it is considered to be one of the “dangerous” attributes when creating the interior. Why?
- This color has many shades, and often an inexperienced person can make a bad decision, thereby making a difficult and uncomfortable room out of the originally good room.
- In undiluted form, it can greatly affect a person's mood, and eventually even cause depression.
- The choice of furniture for the room in purple tones is not an easy thing, for this you will need some skills.
Anyway, creating a harmonious purple living room is quite possible. For this you need to arm yourself with some tips.
Photo: pale purple hues in the living room interior
When designing a lot depends on the dominant color of the room. This is his basis, his mood, his style. Living in purple tones can only win if the main color is diluted with another. First of all, you should decide which purple to work with. After all, it balances between the warm and cold spectrum, and therefore affects a variety of shades.
Photo: a combination of red curtains, purple walls, brown floor with white carpet and white ceiling.
Tip: Cold indigo fits perfectly into the rooms facing south. A room with windows facing north will be decorated with purple, lilac or plum.
- Cool shades. These include indigo, eggplant, amethyst and lavender. They are best diluted with warm and unobtrusive tones. For example, against the background of a dark-violet wall it will be interesting to look at a sofa the color of powder. In the design of the living room, you can use an eggplant-colored carpet, which will be carelessly thrown on the floor with a wooden finish.
- Warm shades. In this case, purple, orchid, fuchsia or purple will look equally well paired with any of the flowers. For example, no living room can do without a small, but still a table. Fans of high-tech and futurism will surely appreciate the table with purple translucent table top and orange legs. Also in the interior you can copy the very nature, combining violet and bright green.
Photo: purple and cold tones
Photo: a combination of purple, yellow and green colors will create a pleasant atmosphere for you and your guests.
The undeniable property of any shade of purple is a win-win tandem with white. Here you can experiment, not being afraid to make a mistake. Lilac pillows on a white sofa and white tulle against a background of purple walls will look equally good. A successful addition to this pair will be chocolate, embodied in furniture, doors or floor covering.
The main trick is to prevent this color from absorbing the entire design. Given that it has a unique expression, its presence will be noticeable and pronounced on any background and in any quantities.
Tip: If the living room will often perform the function of the dining room, it is better to abandon the leading position in purple, because it reduces appetite.
If purple in the interior has become the main one, not only furniture and textiles will help to dilute it, but also small details - gold-plated or silver door handles, vases, candlesticks and shelves. Thanks to this combination, the living room will get the shade of Victorianism.
For those who are not yet ready to experiment, it will be enough just to add purple to the design of the living room through accessories. You can start with a spotlight, plaid, decorative tableware, clock or desk lamp.
Photo: living room without a leading position in purple
Violet is able to adapt to any needs, it is only important to skillfully take advantage of the richness of its shades. Noisy company can have a great time in the living room, decorated in deep blueberry color. And soft purple tones will create a pleasant atmosphere for a quiet family dinner.
This extraordinary, charming and eye-catching color can be loved by everyone. Any interior will be transformed beyond recognition if a skilled hand adds its purple flavor to it.