Modern design trends can offer the most varied interior design from a conservative English style to an extravagant loft with its urban features. But most people still prefer a more traditional look for their homes using new technologies. An example of such a trend is the so-called modern classic, which combined the coziness and comfort of an old decor and the neutrality of a new design. The result is an elaborate, sophisticated interior with skillful organization of space. The living room in the style of a modern classic can be seen in the presented photos.
Modern classics in the interior for those who appreciate moderation and harmony in interior design
Features of the style of modern classics
Modern classical style is also called a compromise, as it leaves many opportunities for maneuvering between the past and the future. It also allows you to update the decor of the room as much as the owners want, adding the latest fashion trends.
Softness, calmness and brevity in the interior of the living room
Modern classics have such features:
- This style has many characteristics of the traditional direction. For example, symmetry in the arrangement of furniture is still relevant. This is facilitated by paired items: sofas, vases, banquettes, mirror located in the living room.
- From the basic style of the neo-classic it has taken arches and columns, chic crystal chandeliers, candlesticks, paintings and mirrors in elegant frames and much more. Appropriate in modern living rooms and stucco, crowning the white ceiling.
- If there is a desire and allows the interior of the room is mounted fireplace. In today's conditions, the natural focus is replaced with an electric or bio-model. Then the whole living room setting is clustered around such an important element.
- Modern classics have taken over from their ancestor and calm delicate colors, as if paying tribute to a measured unhurried past. And they are used on expensive natural materials or their high-quality imitation.
- Furniture for the living room - exceptionally solid! It can be made to order, belong to the exclusive collections, but should not look cheap and cumbersome. Different materials are suitable for cabinet furniture, as long as they create an impression of elegance and reliability.
- For modern classics fit and luxury accessories, perhaps even antiques. Chic textiles are appropriate here. And the curtains in such an interior or look unusually expensive, or have a beautiful rich style.
- Modern classics do not limit the choice of materials for decoration, along with natural wood, granite, ceramics and imitation is used. For example, if the floor is covered with parquet, then artificial panels may be suitable for the ceiling.
Modern classics in the interior are always soothing gentle colors.
If you are a diplomat at heart, everything traditional, but from a practical point of view, is not demanding of food, but you like a nice serving, and instead of motley New York you prefer to see Paris; in soothing colors you see not boredom, but exquisite shades of delicate pastels and rose petals, the living room in the style of modern classics will suit your taste, examples in the photo.
Cozy living room decorated in the style of modern classics in pastel colors
The color scheme of modern classics
The living room in the style of a modern classic is done in soothing, moderate colors. There are no bright flashes here, and cream, gray, golden colors, shades of baked milk, soft chocolate or cocoa help to tune in to rest and pacification. If the design is based on patterns, they should be modest and discreet, as if on the canvases of the Dutchman Willem Heyenraets.
Pale blue and beige complement each other perfectly.
Tip! If you want to have color accents in the interior, then take a closer look at the complex and deep shades. Coral, turquoise, soft shades of violet are allowed in accessories.
Along with laconic flowers, exquisite purple color was used to decorate the living room.
Perhaps such calm tones will seem unfashionable and irrelevant for some professionals who create modern interiors. But these colors will reveal the good taste of the owner of the property.
Living room decoration
Due to the bright colors of the living room in this style looks luxurious. It may seem that such decoration of the premises will be too expensive, but modern manufacturers offer a large price spread for finishing materials. The main thing is that they have a long service life and are distinguished by durability and wear resistance.
Simplicity, symmetry and balance in the placement of furniture, colors in beige and brown shades
It must be remembered that in modern classics there is only a background for the main decoration: furniture and accessories. Therefore, if you are not confident in your decorating skills, entrust the business of creating the living room of your dreams to an experienced designer.
Olive shade in the interior of the living room looks very refined and airy.
For the decoration of the walls often choose wallpaper. They can be monophonic or with a low-key pattern merging into a single background. In traditional classical designs used wallpaper with large prints and patterns. Modern style allows similar materials, but only in certain areas. Among the motifs there may be stripes and lines, Empire patterns, floral designs and others.
Wall decoration in the living room in the style of modern classics
Elegant and bright vertical columns that divide the walls into several parts. The monotonous design is decorated with moldings that serve as the border of two different coatings. Some opt for a more conservative wall finish - wall cladding with wood panels.
Decorating the wall with wood panels in the interior of the living room
For finishing the ceiling there are many options, but it will be convenient to the one that fits on the budget and emphasizes elegant modern classics.
Multi-level white ceiling in a luxurious living room in the style of modern classics
White or light ceilings with multi-level plasterboard structures and the presence of neat stucco will add to the atmosphere of sophistication, as well as visually increase the area of the living room. They get off the ceiling with molding, creating the effect of natural stucco. Apply and stretch materials that have a glossy effect.
Stylish stuccoed ceiling completes the luxurious chandelier on curved horns with white shades.
Floors in such rooms do not carry a large aesthetic load. It is preferable for him to buy a laminate with an imitation of natural surfaces, such as ceramic tiles, wood, stone or parquet. But of all the possibilities of the palette of these materials is to choose a muffled tone. Examples of interior decoration living room in the style of a modern classic look at the photo.
The use of natural stone tiles on the living room floor, made in the style of modern classics
The living room in this design direction especially needs carefully selected furniture. Even if these are exclusive models, the living room will benefit from it. Proper furniture for contemporary classics is always practical and functional, and at the same time it gently bears the traditional features of this style.
The practicality of such headsets and sets - in saving space. Examples include sofas, modular walls, wardrobes in various designs. This allows you to apply this style in small living rooms. For furniture modern classics are characterized by such features:
- Lack of pretentiousness, flashy luxury. The situation is elegant and subtly speaks of the wealth of the owners. High-quality execution of furniture with a small amount of decor.
- Often this is collectible items and the result of hard work cabinetmakers. Handiwork is appreciated.
- Emphasizes the exclusivity, the individuality of such furniture different texture of the material, but it should be in moderation. Used: natural flax, leather, rattan, sisal and more.
- The upholstery is expensive fabric, monochromatic or with soft flower patterns. Some rooms use leather.
Tip! No gilding, inlays, inserts from other materials. Furniture of modern classics in its elegant form and so it looks expensive and luxurious.
Of course, it is impossible to imagine modern life without technology, but in such a living room interior, its arrangement is usually thought out so that wires, buttons, plastic panels that distract from the elegant luxury of the environment can be seen as little as possible. For this can serve as shelves, niches, boxes, partitions.
For a living room in a modern classic style, it is not customary to save on lighting. In the center of the room is usually hung a crystal chandelier decorated with pendants. In addition to it, there should be other light sources in the living room: table lamps, wall lamps, spot LED lights.
Lots of indoor and natural light. This is achieved through the decoration of the walls, existing mirrors, large windows. Add lighting and sliding doors with glass that separate the kitchen from the living room. This elegant detail will increase the space of the room in the case of open doors.
The decor in the style of modern classics
For the traditional classic interior, it is peculiar to emphasize the wealth and wealth of the owners with decorative elements and accessories. Modern style prefers naturalness in expensive and elegant details. Therefore, they are selected with care.
Decorate the interior of the living room in the style of a modern classic will help such ideas:
- Hang pictures with neutral subjects on the walls. The choice of framework for them is unlimited. They can be simple, but of good quality, as well as elegant with applied gilding.
- Mirrors, an essential element of the classic style, will help to decorate the walls, and they can be small in size, and can be placed from floor to ceiling. In some living rooms, several mirrors in a beautiful frame successfully look like a rhinestone.
- For modern classics fit large vases imitating antique porcelain, candlesticks, silver tea set on a tray and other accessories.
It should be said about the textile details, which are specially selected for modern classics. The rule of elegant simplicity also applies here. You can not get very expensive fabric, but the curtains are obliged to look good.
Designers advise the following:
- The color of the curtains should not go beyond the overall design and should be reflected in the upholstered furniture;
- The texture of the material of the curtains matters, of all the variety of textiles it is better to dwell on velvet, silk, brocade, velor;
- Decorate the windows of the living room in the style of a modern classic can curtains with various designer finds: lambrequins, svagami, pickups, lush folds, tassels. Although many owners prefer simple drapes without any decorations.
In conclusion, I must say that the style of modern classics is a little different from the traditional direction. Already in the title sounds the union of two seemingly incompatible things. But it is precisely from this that his developing direction consists: the selection of the best from the past and the present. What explains the popularity of style. Samples of living room interiors in the style of a modern classic look at the photos presented.