The living room is the heart of the house. The whole family gathers for holidays in it, meet with friends. The psychological climate in this room is very important. The atmosphere of coziness and hospitality should reign in it. You can create such a harmonious atmosphere by decorating the living room in bright colors.
Bright interior makes the room more spacious and fresh.
Features of the design of the living room in bright colors
Color design has a great influence on the perception of the room. This or that shade creates a mood in the room, fills it with warmth or freshness, vigor or peace. Light shades help relieve tension, so they are suitable for the design of any room, including the living room.
Light pastel colors in the interior of the living room create comfort and visually expand the space.
The advantages of the interior in bright colors include:
- Light colors visually increase the size of the room and make it lighter;
- Against the background of bright finishes, both dark and bright objects of the interior look great;
- Light colors are harmoniously combined with natural materials: granite, marble, wood;
- Bright interior is not annoying, but on the contrary, it relaxes, soothes, and pacifies.
Scandinavian style in the interior of the living room looks great
The main disadvantage of a light interior is its brand. However, modern materials for decoration and upholstery are practical and easy to clean off any dirt. Another relative disadvantage is the price of white furniture: it usually costs more than the dark one.
Stylish sofas with leather upholstery, look great in the interior of the living room
One of the main stages in the design of a living room is the choice of finishing materials. It should serve as a backdrop for the rest of the interior.
Walls, ceiling and floor decoration should be in harmony with the selected furniture of light colors
To finish the walls when creating a light interior use:
- Wallpaper on non-woven or vinyl. The most versatile option - monophonic material. The white color of the walls will seem boring to many, therefore it is recommended to choose the color of ivory or vanilla. If the owners do not want to see plain walls, you can choose a wallpaper with a pale pattern, floral print.
- Wallpaper for painting - a universal version. They can be repainted several times. A very convenient feature that allows you to quickly and easily change the design.
- Drapery fabric. This decoration will give the interior a charm and elegance, but the price for quality material will be high. The fabric is able to hide flaws on the walls.
- Decorative plaster is an easy-to-apply material that creates unique patterns on the walls.
Decorative white plaster in the interior of the living room, looks elegant and rich
Tip! You can liven up a bright interior with small patches of bright colors. Cushions, curtains, wall paintings of bright colors - all this can make the living room more attractive.
Below you can see a photo of the living room in bright colors with bright accents.
A bright picture on the wall will surely enliven the monochrome interior
When you design the living room in bright colors, you can choose one of these popular options:
- Whitewashing and painting the ceiling in white or cream color.
- Installation of stretch ceilings. The surface of the ceiling can be made matte or glossy. Brilliant gloss attracts attention, reflects the light, from which the living room seems brighter. Color for the ceiling, you can choose neutral white or pearl.
- Installation of ceiling beams. They can be natural light wood color or painted white. Below in the photo you can see the design of the living room in light colors with beamed ceilings.
The beams on the white ceiling of natural wood emphasize the stylish design of the living room.
The flooring for the modern living room interior in bright colors can be chosen from the following options:
- Self-leveling floor - a seamless polymer coating that looks like linoleum, and to the touch - tile. The disadvantages include a small design choice, difficult dismantling.
- Linoleum is a cheap and practical material, has many colors and patterns. You can opt for a white, gray or gold color.
- Porcelain tile is a dense artificial material that is resistant to moisture and mechanical damage. Available in cream, white and beige colors.
- Laminate is a material that is much cheaper than parquet, but externally capable of imitating it. Laminate durable, wear-resistant.
- Parquet is an expensive, luxurious material. Light flooring is made of birch, ash, maple, hornbeam, alder and bleached oak.
- Carpet - impractical material, but it brings to the atmosphere of the living room comfort and warmth.
Tip! It is possible to replace difficultly cleaned carpet with a large carpet with a long nap.
Light parquet in the interior of the living room looks very organic and expensive
Living room lighting
In the interior of the living room, decorated in bright colors, much attention is paid to lighting, especially if it has small window openings. It is recommended to curtain the windows using transparent tulle or organza and curtains of lightweight material. It is better to match the color of the curtains with the colors of the cushions.
Cushions will always fit perfectly into the interior of the living room, if they are sewn from the same fabric as the curtains
You can use spotlights, ceiling chandeliers, wall sconces, floor lamps and table lamps as artificial light sources. It is desirable that all lighting devices were in the same style. Lamps should be chosen in white, sand, silver or gold color, so that they organically fit into the interior in bright colors.
When designing the interior of the living room in bright colors, you must exercise restraint in the selection of furniture. If you install too many pieces of furniture, you can clutter the space, ruining the whole interior. In addition, the furniture should not merge with the background. It should be a few tones darker.
A standard set of living room furniture is enough.
Today modular sofas are popular. They consist of separate sections. Removing or substituting modules can reduce or increase the length of the sofa. The modular design can give the shape of a sofa straight or angular shape. Both the expensive and massive sofa of a classical form, and the strict laconic sofa of modern style will harmoniously fit into the universal light interior.
Tip! In a bright living room, a leather sofa of white or beige color will look spectacular.
It can be a classic solid or modular wall, display cabinet, dresser, shelving. The owners of small living rooms should prefer open shelving, cabinets with mirrored or glass inserts. Such furniture makes the room brighter and deeper.
Attention! Light shades are lighter, so they should be at the top, and dark ones at the bottom.
A compact model made entirely of tempered glass would be suitable. A transparent surface allows light to pass through itself, due to which it seems that the table does not occupy space in the room at all.
Interior styles in bright colors.
When making a living room in bright colors, as in the photo, you can stick to a particular style.
This timeless style is able to demonstrate the high social status and material wealth of the owners of the house. The living room must be decorated with columns and stucco, for finishing it is necessary to select natural materials. The floor should be parquet, the walls can be covered with plain white or milky wallpaper. Allowed pale pattern on the wallpaper. The furniture should be massive, made of natural wood, decorated with gold leaf and carving. All interior elements are placed symmetrically. Required elements of the classical style - a fireplace and a large crystal chandelier on the ceiling.
When creating an interior in this practical style, you will have to get rid of all the extra furniture. In the living room should be present only the necessary elements. The room is spacious, bright, light and airy. Furniture in the style of minimalism has a strict rectangular shape and different functionality. The abundance of textiles and decor for minimalism is unacceptable. You can decorate the living room design in bright colors with fluffy monophonic carpet or a low-nap carpet, straight curtains of light fabric, sofa cushions, black and white paintings or photographs in rectangular frames.
Loft-style living room is often decorated in dark colors. But there is a loft style and light options. Parquet or laminate wood is chosen for the floor, wood beams are installed on the ceiling, three walls are painted with white paint or finished with white decorative plaster. One of the walls stands out in brickwork. In the living room in loft style there should be a lot of seats - sofas, armchairs, ottomans. On the sofa should be a lot of small soft pillows. All furniture should be roomy and have wheels so that it can be easily rearranged. In the loft-style living room, there must be a large TV with sound system and an extravagant carpet.
This style involves the use of the freshest designer furniture. The walls are decorated with fabric, light wood panels, and pastel-colored paint. Parquet or marble is laid on the floor. Modern furniture is distinguished by smooth lines and rounded corners, the presence of carved and forged elements. The sofa can be decorated with tapestry inserts. Often, a sofa and armchairs in the Art Nouveau style are accent elements. In this situation, the appropriate colors for upholstered furniture will be red or orange.
To beautifully decorate the interior of the living room in bright colors, as in the photo, you do not need to be a designer. Light colors are perfectly combined with each other, so creating a harmonious design is not a difficult task. In the bright living room it will always be nice to relax after a hard day at work, watch TV with your family and have tea with friends.