How to successfully enter the blue tone in the design of the living room?
Choose blue as the dominant living room interior - the solution is not very common, but commendable. Why? Because of the fear of making a mistake and choosing the wrong combinations and the wrong mood, this color was rarely used before. Blue could often be found only in the palace halls. However, it has refreshing and life-affirming properties that lovers of bright and light interiors cannot but like.
Today it is available to everyone. And despite the fact that it is recognized to be quite cold, the living room design in blue can become quite comfortable and warm, if you take into account all sorts of nuances and arm yourself with expert advice.
How to combine colors?
Blue color belongs to the cold spectrum, so it would be ideal if diluted with warm shades.
- The combination of blue and yellow or orange will fill the living room with rich colors that will make it warm. However, this interior is designed to excite the imagination, enhance thinking and create a bright mood. Therefore, it is hardly suitable for those who like to sit in a quiet atmosphere over a cup of coffee.
- The combination of blue and white helps to create an elegant room, conducive to unhurried conversations or family celebrations. This design has a shade of femininity inherent in the living room of the French Rococo. The following photos clearly show the neat and gentle atmosphere created by this combination.
Photo: a combination of yellow and blue will add warmth and comfort to the interior of your living room.
Photo: multi-level ceiling in the living room of blue and white tones.
- The combination of blue and brown can be called traditional. It looks advantageous in rooms of any size, everything just depends on the ratio. In each of the decisions felt nobility and taste cancellation. Also, as a brown version, you can use beige color, which is suitable for dark living rooms, expanding the space and making the interior soft and warm.
- The combination of the triple blue-white-red pattern is ideal for creating a marine-themed lounge design. The main thing here will be the first one, the middle position will be taken by white, which can be used in furniture, decoration or wall decoration, and red will be the accent.
- A good solution to achieve the effect of "house by the sea" can be called a combination of blue and gray. A living room with such a design can inspire a fresh, cheerful mood. However, with any wrong step, the interior can be damaged. It is important to choose pure colors: sky blue and light gray. Otherwise the room will turn out sad and even dirty. Complement such an atypical tandem will help rich colors: orange, yellow, grass.
Tip: blue tones can and should be combined with warm colors. The predominant cold tone will make even the most pleasant sunny living room a real “ice kingdom”.
When to use?
Blue tones are suitable for a living room with enough light sources. Then the design will bring only positive emotions. Heavenly color refreshes, soothes and helps to tune in to a dreamy mood. The secret of this effect is that this color is often associated with the sky or the sea, which, of course, has a positive effect on the human psyche.
I must say that it is contraindicated for the interior of small living rooms, where the windows overlook the northern side, or are blocked by trees, walls and other obstacles. In such conditions, even the brightest and richest blue will become grayish and is unlikely to contribute to a friendly atmosphere for receiving guests.
For small living rooms, this color will be a great tool for expanding the space. It can be made basic for design, using the walls, ceiling and main pieces of furniture, as in the photo.
What furniture will fit?
Speaking directly, any furniture will do. The main thing is that they fit into the general mood of the room and the intended style.
For example, for a classic style, one hundred and chairs in pastel shades with the correct lines and, possibly, gilded elements are suitable. Also organically fit into the interior and dark furniture made of wood with fancy shapes.
Photo: classic style living room
If you plan to make a living room design with a claim to luxury, then things and things in art deco style will be useful. These are trapezoid backs of chairs, the “sunny” framing of mirrors and paintings, and a luxurious sofa, perhaps even of blue color.
It should be repelled rather from the color of the furniture - it should restore balance, harmoniously complementing the cold blue with warm, cozy tones.
So, the main thing in the design of the living room, in which the blue color will be dominant, is to prevent the creation of an icy, wintery atmosphere. At first, the completely cold interior will be refreshing. But over time, the living room in such colors will bore both guests and hosts. What's the secret? In harmonious combinations!