The living room can be called the face of any home. This room is visited by all guests. Every owner wants to be proud of the design of his living room. But how to equip the interior of the room, so that it was not only comfortable, but also impressive in the eyes of the guests. When you design a living room in a modern style, you need to take into account fresh fashion trends that often change.
Interior living room in a modern style "modern"
Trends of modern design
In the process of developing a living room design in a contemporary style, it is necessary to take into account the latest trends in interior design:
- Creation of the free space necessary for active recreation (dances, children's games);
- Choice of compact and comfortable furniture;
- Combining various materials of finishing;
- Installation of a large number of lighting fixtures;
- Use in the design of large interior elements calm natural colors. For the primary colors are taken: white, beige, sand, brown. Bright colors are accents, they are used in fine detail.
The photo below shows the beautiful living rooms in a modern style. They are decorated in accordance with the latest fashion trends.
Pastel shade of blue color looks very elegant in the living room interior.
Living room decoration
When developing the interior design of the living room in a modern style, as in the photo, it is necessary to focus on everything that is light and natural. Real photos of the living room interior design in a modern style are presented below.
Concrete walls in the interior of the living room in the style of "loft"
As the main material for finishing walls, you can apply:
- Paint, preferably pure white. This finish will be the perfect backdrop for furniture and decor. Before painting the surface of the walls must be brought to a perfectly smooth state.
- Wallpaper. They should be plain, white, cream or any other pastel color. Some types of wallpaper successfully mask small flaws on the walls.
Matte beige walls in the living room interior
Tip! When finishing the living room of modern style is recommended to give preference to white color. White walls and ceiling make any room more spacious and lighter.
White walls in the interior of a modern living room
When you design a living room in a modern style, it is recommended to make one of the walls accent. For this you can select it with:
- Wallpaper in contrast to the background color. They can be bright or dark. You can paste the wall with 3D wall murals with a three-dimensional effect.
- Masonry or its imitation. The wall of brick creates a unique spirit of antiquity, which is harmoniously combined with modern technology.
- Decorative plaster. It resembles expensive rocks. The similarity with the noble material will add luxury to the decor of the living room.
- Wooden panels or laminated boards with imitation of natural wood. Wooden surfaces give a warm, cozy atmosphere.
Textured wallpaper in the interior of the living room
When creating the interior of a living room in a modern style, the ceiling can be decorated with:
- Whitewash or painting with white paint. The white ceiling is a universal option, suitable for any style of interior.
- Light wood ceiling beams. They will give comfort to the interior, will cause an association with a village house.
- Tension construction. Stretch ceilings look stylish, neat. Point lights are conveniently built into them. The surface of such ceilings can be matte or glossy. Below are photos of the living room in a modern style in an apartment with glossy ceilings.
Concrete ceiling in the style of "loft" in the interior of the living room
Tip! For small living rooms with small windows it is recommended to use a glossy finish for the ceiling. Gloss reflects light, makes the room visually larger and lighter.
Plasterboard ceiling in the interior of the living room
In a modern living room for the decoration of the floor is recommended to use such materials:
- Parquet. Natural wood is always appreciated. It gives warmth to the interior and at the same time makes it rich. The disadvantage of this flooring is the high price.
- Laminate is a popular material that can imitate wood flooring and other flooring. Among its advantages, it is worth noting an affordable price, practicality and durability.
Living room furnishing
Modern furniture is practical and functional.
- Sofa - the central element of any living room. It is recommended to choose a transformable or folding model that turns into a sleeper. Leather sofa - brutal, courageous, solid and expensive element of the interior. In addition, furniture with leather upholstery - it is practical and always true.
- Other seats: ottomans, chairs, chairs. Their availability and quantity depends on the size of the room.
- Coffee table. For a modern interior, you can choose a strong and reliable table made of natural wood or a transparent glass structure. The latter option is suitable for small living rooms.
- Modular storage systems. They are separate floor and wall cabinets. Their form is rectangular, the facades are absolutely smooth, matte or glossy, glass inserts are possible. You can place modules with any sequence, at any height. Living room items can be placed on open shelves or racks.
Below you can see photos of beautiful living rooms in ordinary apartments with different types of furniture.
Making the living room in different modern styles
Although all modern styles have some common features, each of them has its own characteristics.
When making a minimalist living room should be given preference to expensive natural materials - wood and stone. The furniture should have a strict rectangular shape, glossy plain facades. Primary colors: white, beige. Dark colors can be used in detail. Bright spots in the form of decorative elements should be few. The sofa and table should be low. For the upholstery of the sofa is selected high-quality natural material: cotton, linen or leather. The table is preferable to choose with a glass top. Cabinets must have blind facades. In the living room in the style of minimalism there should be a minimum amount of decor: straight curtains without decorations, plain-colored rectangular sofa cushions, carpet, a pair of original paintings on the walls in strict frames. You can visually get acquainted with the features of the interior of minimalism in the photo of the living room in a modern style.
High-tech style hi-tech similar to minimalism. It also involves the installation of furniture of a strict form, the almost complete lack of decor. In the room, decorated in the style of high-tech should be light-colored walls, glossy or matte floor of the parquet, suspended ceiling with a large number of built-in lamps. The main colors of this style are: white, gray, metallic and beige. Upholstered furniture must be monochromatic. If it serves as an accent, then there may be a bright color. In the high-tech living room, you can arrange plastic chairs, install glass shelves and a glass coffee table, hang wall cabinets with glossy facades. The most important element of a high-tech living room should be a large flat TV, hung on the wall. The stylish interior of the living room in a modern hi-tech style is shown in the photo below.
The Art Nouveau living room is equipped with novelties from the world of design: furniture and lamps of unusual shape. The furniture of this style does not look strict, it has smooth rounded shapes, curved lines, decorated with forged and carved elements. One of the hallmarks of the style is the installation of a multi-level floor or ceiling. In the modern style living room calm brown and beige tones prevail. Accent elements in the Art Nouveau style are most often selected by scarlet, bardic, violet and green colors. Furniture is arranged arbitrarily, symmetry is not necessary to adhere. The main material is wood, which is used for wall and floor coverings. Used in modern and glass, which is made of countertops, doors, partitions. One of the main elements of the decor are surreal and abstract paintings. Below are photos of the living room in a modern modern style.
This modern style symbolizes unity with nature. Living room in this style is made with the help of natural eco-friendly materials. For the decoration of walls use wood, cork, paper wallpaper with a pale floral pattern. Wooden beams are appropriate for the ceiling and parquet or stone for the floor. Eco-style furniture has simple forms, made of wood, marble. As a decor, they use clay and glass vases, pots with fresh flowers, wicker baskets, cotton or linen curtains. The main colors of the style: white, green, pale blue, all shades of brown.
When making a living room in this bold and expressive style, it is necessary to choose bright furniture of the original form: a chair-bag, a red sofa in the shape of women's lips, a coffee table in the form of an inverted cone. Cabinets clutter up the interior, they are replaced with open racks of extravagant shape and side tables, the smooth facades of which are decorated with a colorful print. Pop art does not accept expensive materials. Furniture should be made of bright plastic, glass, metal and synthetic fabrics. The walls, floor and ceiling should be the background for the colorful elements of the interior pop art, so they are made in white, gray or other calm color.
In this style, great attention is paid to the decor, which is used as: floor lamps of unusual shape, for example, in the form of a female figure, portraits of Marilyn Monroe on the walls, clocks, figurines. Use of motley textiles is welcomed: curtains, pillowcases on sofa cushions.
This is not the most common style called shabby luxury. The living room in this style is equipped with expensive antique pieces of art, on which their age is clearly imprinted: worn, chipped, cracked. Sometimes the plaque of antiquity is created artificially. The furniture should have expensive upholstery, carved and wrought elements. The color palette of the style includes the following colors: white, beige, cream, light mint, pale shades of pink, blue and purple. The walls in the living room should be roughly treated and unevenly painted, the ceiling with peeling plaster and aged stucco molding, the floor - from aged wood. Large antique clocks, bronze candlesticks, candelabra, vases, faded paintings in antique frames are used as decorations.
Thus, working on creating the interior of a living room in a modern style, it is necessary to use neutral colors of decoration, install only the necessary furniture and arrange bright accents around the room in the form of decorative elements. By adhering to these recommendations, you can create a stylish interior that will demonstrate to all guests the delicate taste of the hosts.