Living rooms in many private houses are much larger than rooms in apartments. A large area of the room creates space for designer fantasy. As a result, you can create a luxurious and rich or minimalistic and stylish living room design in a private house. The design of the classical style emphasizes the wealth and subtle taste of the owner, and the modern design - that the owners follow fashion trends.
The living room is the "business card" of the homeowner
Surface Finishing Recommendations
If the living room in a private house has a large area, then it can be arranged both in light shades and in dark ones. Effectively in a dimensional drawing room bright paints will look.
The interior of the living room in a private house in bright colors
The choice of material for wall decoration
Today, a wide range of materials for wall finishing is presented in hardware stores:
- Wallpaper - the most common material. You can pick up cheap and eco-friendly paper wallpaper, gorgeous on the basis of vinyl, exotic bamboo, expensive textiles, comfortable for painting.
- Paint - a practical and cheap way to finish, but it is suitable only for smooth walls. On the painted surface are visible any flaws.
- Wall panels. Made of natural wood, plastic, fiberboard or MDF, real or artificial leather, textiles, glass with a smooth surface. Panels allow you to hide flaws on the walls. If you combine several types of materials (for example, diluting wood panels with mirror inserts), you can create a unique design.
- Decorative plaster. With its help, embossed textures are created that hide the flaws of the walls and make the original design.
- Natural or artificial stone. It looks elegant, creates an atmosphere of closeness to nature. Such material is not recommended for finishing the whole room, since excessive use of stone makes the living room gloomy. Usually they allocate one of the walls.
The use of natural materials in the decoration of the living room of a private house
To create a neat and stylish living room design in a private house, as in the photo, the most suitable floor coverings are:
- Parquet. Natural wood looks expensive, creates an atmosphere of warmth and comfort. But not everyone can afford the parquet.
- Laminate - a material that looks like parquet, but not so pleasant to the touch. But he has more high durability and reasonable price. Below you can see a photo of the interior of the living room in a private house with an economy class finish.
- Tile. This cold flooring is installed along with a floor heating system.
- Carpet is not the most practical material, as it collects a lot of dust. But he gives a high level of sound insulation, gives warmth and comfort to the room.
Laminate flooring in the living room
The most popular ceiling design option is the installation of a tension structure. It is a durable material that is not susceptible to cracking, mold, mildew. Stretch ceilings are available in different colors.
Living room design with white ceiling
Stretch ceilings can be of several types:
- Matte - a classic, they look neat and do not distract attention from the rest of the interior;
- Glossy - due to the shiny mirror surface increases the size of the room;
- Fabric - differ in a variety of design. They cost more than other species and are harder to clean.
Stretch ceiling with shaped inserts in the living room
Tip! Stretch ceilings can create multi-level structures that can be used for zoning space.
Multi-level suspended ceiling in the interior of the living room in a private house
Selection of furniture for the living room in a private house
The semantic center of the interior of the living room in a private house is a fireplace or a home theater. Based on its location in the room all the pieces of furniture are arranged:
- Sofa. It should be beautiful, comfortable and consistent with the style of the interior. The size of the sofa depends on the number of people living in the house and the number of guests who come regularly. The average family has enough triple sofa. If the living room area allows, you can install two sofas or one, but with four or more seats.
- Coffee table. Glass models look weightless, wooden look expensive, and plastic - modern. You can install a compact table that unfolds to the size of a dining table.
- Cabinets, cupboards, cabinets, dressers, shelving - storage space. They should not take up much space. This does not apply to antiquities, which are characterized by massive dimensions.
- Armchairs, ottomans, chairs. They must be in harmony with the sofa, and perhaps even make up a single headset. It is not recommended to saturate the living room with chairs. It is better to leave space for free movement and active rest (for example, dances).
Furniture in the living room should not only be beautiful, but also comfortable for households and guests.
Tip! A sofa with armchairs or a soft corner is placed around the semantic center so that, sitting on a sofa or armchair, one can comfortably watch TV or admire a bright flame.
Stylish, modern furniture in the living room interior.
In all styles of decoration of the living room in a private house, as shown in the photo below, great attention is paid to the decor. With it, you can make the room more comfortable, place accents. In the living room in a private house, as in the photo below, such decorative elements will look beautiful:
- Family relics and awards: small old antiques, inherited from their ancestors, medals, cups, certificates, obtained for any achievements of family members. For these memorable priceless items in the living room, you can select a separate corner. Here you can put photos of captured events, family holidays.
- Big pictures. Their plot depends on the chosen style of decoration of the room. It can be classic paintings of great artists or modern abstract compositions.
- Fireplace. It is preferable to install this, but you can put an electric with imitation of live fire. Below are photos of the interior of the living room with a fireplace in a private house.
- Live plants. They refresh the interior, create an atmosphere of closeness to nature.
- Piano. It is installed in the living room of the houses, where someone from the family members can play on it.
- A pool table. Part of the room with a pool table will be a zone for entertainment.
The fireplace in any room creates a cozy and peaceful atmosphere.
In addition to the above elements, you can place floor and table vases, figurines, candles, boxes, etc. in the living room.
Owners of small living rooms have to carefully select the style of the interior, as many design ideas are difficult to implement in crowded conditions. The living room with a large area can be decorated in any style you like.
Using this style, you can create the most spacious room, decorated in neutral colors. Such a living room is suitable for people who are tired of the hustle and bustle of everyday work. The interior in the style of minimalism promotes relaxation, purification of thoughts.
On the floor in the living room in a private house, as in the photo, it is recommended to lay parquet or laminate of any shade of natural wood imitating it. The ceiling should be perfectly smooth and clean white. The walls are painted in white or beige. You can paste them with plain wallpaper. One of the walls can be distinguished by using dark-colored decorative plaster, wood panels or masonry. On the ceiling and along the upper parts of the walls have spotlights. You can also install a central chandelier of unusual geometric shape.
For a minimalist style, a low sofa of a strict form with wide armrests and a back is suitable. Upholstery can be made of leather, leatherette or any practical fabric. In front of the sofa is a low rectangular table made of wood or glass.
In the classic style of the interior, quiet light colors are used in the decoration of the walls: white, milky, vanilla, peach, pearl, sandy, light shades of pink, green and blue. On the ceiling of snow-white color must be present stucco and crystal chandelier. For the walls you can use fabric, wallpaper, panels of light wood, decorative plaster, painting. Gilding, moldings, columns of marble or plaster and other embossed decorations are used to decorate the walls. Parquet made of fine wood is laid on the floor.
Classic style sofas are made of valuable wood, upholstery is made of leather or expensive fabrics: velor, velvet and others. The table is also made of wood, and the table top to it is made of wood or marble.
In the classic interior of the living room in a private house, shown in the photo, you can harmoniously fit the furniture wall. It should be roomy and spectacular. Cabinet furniture for a classical interior is made of natural wood, decorated with massive handles, gilding, stucco molding, curls, inserts of transparent glass. It can be white, light brown or dark in color. Behind the glass have vases, beautiful dishes, figurines. The picture of the classic living room is completed with large mirrors, carpet and curtains of satin or other expensive fabrics. Below are photos of the interior of a living room in a private house in a classic style.
This style is difficult to embody in a cramped room. It is designed for decoration of spacious living rooms in private houses, as in the photo. Baroque interior screams of wealth and luxury. Parquet flooring is used to decorate the living room floor. The floor and walls should not be even. They are decorated with stucco, borders, columns. For wall decoration using light fabric wallpaper with intricate patterns, decorative plaster. You can decorate the walls with wood panels. Gilded moldings installed in the seams between the panels will look beautiful.
All baroque furniture can be called monumental. It is a massive and large antiques. Upholstered furniture is distinguished by bent legs, rounded armrests, carved backs, expensive upholstery materials (velvet, brocade) with a floral pattern. A necessary element of the interior is gilding, which decorates the ceiling, walls, furniture and accessories.
Among the design elements in the living room of the Baroque style are used: large paintings, mirror inserts on the walls, bronze statues, a fireplace with marble decoration, heavy heavy curtains with complex draperies, floor clocks and vases. Below you can see a photo of the design of the living room in a private house with a fireplace.
This style is called attic. The interior combines modern objects and elements of unfinished repairs: brickwork, sloppy plaster, undisguised pipeline. A laminate or wooden board is suitable for the floor, concrete or brick for the walls, simple whitewashing or wooden beams for the ceiling.
The most important part of the interior in loft style is home cinema. The central piece of furniture is a large and comfortable sofa upholstered in leather or expensive fabric with a large number of pillows. Seating should be arranged throughout the living room: soft ottomans, chairs and chairs of unusual shape (for example, in the form of a nest), rocking chairs. In such a living room gets on old and modern furniture. In the loft style you can use any color combinations, however, it is better to use neutral or dark, dusty colors for the background. Below you can see a photo of the attic interior of the living room in a private house with a staircase to the second floor.
This style uses all the latest design developments. In the decoration of horizontal and vertical surfaces, neutral or light pastel colors are used, against which bright pieces of furniture and decor stand out. Apply paint or wallpaper to the walls. Both monophonic coverings, and with a flower or geometrical print approach. Accent wall emit wall mural or textured plaster. Carpet, parquet, laminate or marble are laid on the floor.
In the design of the living room style Art Nouveau in a private house, shown in the photo, you can use bold combinations, rich colors and original elements. The furniture in modern style is made of wood and plastic, with metal and glass inserts. It should have smooth lines and rounded corners. Furniture for the living room is chosen compact and functional, so that it does not take up much space and easily transformed. When arranging the living room in the Art Nouveau style, the creation of multi-level ceilings, floor podiums and niche shelves is welcomed.
Creating an interior living room in a private house, as in the photo, you can show imagination, arrange the room in any style you like or even combine several styles in the same room. Most importantly, the interior of the room like households. The rest of the guarantee of a successful living room design is the selection of harmoniously combined colors and proper placement of furniture.