You can create an elegant and original interior in any size room. Living room 17 sq. M. m can be called average in size. On this square will fit all the necessary furniture, both in modern and in classic style. Photo design living room 17 square. m will allow you to select the desired style and translate it into the interior of the room.
The design of the living room in a classic style delights and amazes with its magnificence.
Color design living room
When choosing colors, which will be used to create a living room design 17 square meters. meters should take into account the preference of households and their lifestyle. The best choice will be one of two options:
- If households lead a quiet, measured lifestyle, do not arrange noisy parties in their apartment, prefer quiet rest with family, then the room should be decorated in pastel colors: milky, vanilla, pink, beige, soft blue, sand. These colors contribute to relaxation, relieve fatigue and irritation.
- If the owners like to collect large companies in their homes, to hold noisy parties, they lead an active and energetic lifestyle, then the living room is decorated using more bright colors: orange, yellow, red and green.
Golden color in the interior of the living room in a classic style looks very organic
Light colors are recommended for use in the living room. They visually increase the size of the room and make it lighter. Below you can see a photo of the design of a bright living room of 17 square meters. m in a panel house.
Interior living room in pastel colors.
When choosing the appropriate shades should pay attention to the location of the windows:
- If the windows face north, then the living room should be decorated with warm colors, using golden, yellow, orange shades;
- If the windows face south, the room is decorated in cool colors: blue, emerald, marsh and others.
Living room in the style of "classic" in warm, golden tones
Classic style living room decoration
Classic - a luxurious interior style, which requires natural expensive materials. However, if you want to finish the classic living room can be saved.
The walls in the interior of the classic living room 17 sq. M. m, as in the photo, should not impress with their color, but with a pattern or texture. For finishing of vertical surfaces it is used:
- Decorative plaster. It is easy to apply, hides minor irregularities on the surface of the walls and creates a unique design.
- Wooden or plastic panels. Usually they are combined with wallpaper.
- Plain wallpaper. The most popular colors are white and beige. Walls with plain wallpaper should be decorated with stucco and moldings.
- Wallpaper with a large pattern: floral ornament, striped, with rhombuses, etc. They can paste over all the walls or just select one of them.
Wall decor in the living room in classic style with wallpaper
Tip! Vertical patterns on the walls visually make the ceilings higher, and horizontal - visually expand the space.
Below the photo shows the interior of the living room of 17 sq. m in a panel house. The walls in the buildings of the panel type are thin, so when you design the walls of the living room should pay attention to sound insulation.
Classic wall decoration in the living room interior
The most popular floorings designed for classic style are:
- Parquet. It consists of natural wood. It is attractive in appearance and pleasant to the touch. Parquet is a natural material that gives the living room comfort and warmth. The disadvantages include a low level of moisture resistance and susceptibility to the appearance of scratches.
- Laminate - a multilayer structure, which is based on particleboard or fiberboard. It is resistant to ultraviolet radiation, high temperatures, humidity and various mechanical damage. Externally, laminate can resemble parquet, but tactile properties inferior to natural wood.
Linoleum as a flooring looks in the interior of the living room as well as organically, like parquet or laminate
Tip! For the living room of 17 square meters. m is to choose a glossy floor covering, visually increasing the area of the room.
To create a beautiful ceiling in the style of classicism use:
- Putty. With its help, the surface of the ceiling is leveled, and then various decorations are attached to it: sockets for chandeliers, stucco molding for edging the ceiling. Earlier, similar decorating elements were made of plaster, and now - from polystyrene or foam. The only disadvantage of such a ceiling design is the need to bring its plane to a perfectly smooth state.
- Tension construction. It is quickly mounted, it looks perfectly smooth. Decorations will be located not on the canvas of the stretch ceiling, but on the walls. To do this, you can attach pilasters and columns. Photo design living room 17 square. m in classic style can be seen below.
- Drywall With it, you can create a flat surface and make a classic coffered ceiling.
Luxurious ceiling in the interior of the living room in a classic style
Attention! On the ceiling of the living room of a classical style there must be a large, luxurious chandelier, for example, from bronze with crystal pendants.
The classic style involves displaying wealth, luxury, the use of dimensional massive furniture. It is designed for large spacious rooms, but it can be decorated in a classic style and the living room is medium in size. The interior of the room will be more restrained than in a large space.
Gilding, carved legs of furniture - the characteristic features of a classic interior
Living room 17 sq. M. m should not be cluttered with lots of furniture. It is necessary to install in it only the most necessary:
- Sofa. It is placed along one of the long walls. A classic-style sofa should have rounded armrests and a luxurious upholstery made of genuine leather, velvet, satin or brocade.
- Chairs. They are placed symmetrically on both sides of the sofa, they should form a single headset with it. Armchairs can be replaced with more compact soft ottomans, with the same upholstery as the sofa, or chairs with carved backs.
- Coffee table. Located in front of the sofa. It can be completely wooden and massive, with gilded curved legs and a marble or glass top.
- Fireplace. Mounted on the wall opposite the sofa. Above the fireplace you can hang a TV, stylized it under the picture. On the mantelpiece arrange a variety of decor items: candlesticks, watches, porcelain figurines.
- Storage cabinets. You can do without them. If there is a lot of things, the furniture wall is installed. It should have smooth lines, rounded corners, beautiful handles with gilding, mirror and glass inserts. You can replace the wall with a dresser or a display cabinet.
Bright living room in classic style with decorative fireplace
Attention! All furniture in a classical interior is made of natural wood or its successful imitation. Furniture made of veneered MDF or chipboard is much cheaper, and looks almost indistinguishable from natural wood.
Interior living room 17 sq. M. m in the style of modern classics
The traditional classic style of the interior aims to impress everyone with its luxury, to demonstrate the wealth. At the heart of modern classics is the idea of open space. Living room 17 square. m should be light, filled with light and air.
To create an interior in a classic style are used expensive natural materials. Modern classics is available to almost everyone. Today, you can find a variety of inexpensive materials that imitate natural wood or stone.
In the living room of 17 square meters. m you can lay light parquet or laminate or linoleum with imitation of a wooden surface. Replace expensive marble can be laminate or tile.
For walls in the neoclassical style, paint, plain wallpaper or wallpaper with wide vertical stripes are usually used. Be sure to use white moldings, stucco and high skirting.
The color scheme in the living room in the style of neoclassic includes: white, beige, cream, creamy, soft pink, light blue. Thanks to the light pastel tones, a feeling of lightness in the interior is achieved. The interior design of the living room in a modern classic style is presented in the photo.
In traditional classicism, massive large-sized furniture with a rich decoration is appreciated. In neoclassicism, more compact and functional models are used.
The living room will look elegant sofa and armchairs decorated with ties with buttons (carriage fastener) in the style of Chesterfield. There should be no bulky furniture walls and closets in the room. All pieces of furniture should be elegant and visually light. The living room will look good glass surfaces and stained glass. You can pick up a sideboard made of mahogany or noble oak with tapering down legs and glass doors. Beautifully look sophisticated table with lightweight legs and a glass top.
Mandatory element of the interior of the living room - a fireplace. It can be real, electric or fake. Design living room 17 sq. M. m with a fireplace in a modern classic style is presented in the photo below.
Neoclassicism does not tolerate excesses and pretentiousness. Most of the interior elements in the living room should have a useful function. So a miniature and exquisite table, which in the traditional classics served more decorative function, can be expanded, turning almost into a full-fledged dining table. The usual figurine besides an interior decoration, can carry out function of the lamp if in it the lighting element will be established.
The living room design of 17 square meters in a modern classic style, as in the photo, can be decorated with fresh flowers in elegant vases, crystal dishes behind the transparent doors of the sideboard, a reproduction of a painting by a famous artist on the wall, a bronze clock on the mantelpiece.
Traditional classics look richer, brighter. Modern classicism is easy and convenient. The final choice of style should be the owners of the apartment. Most importantly, the interior of the apartment is not boring and could cause only positive emotions for a long time.