Proper selection of decor in the interior always speaks of the subtle taste of the apartment owner and designer. For example, poorly chosen curtains can sometimes spoil the most thoughtful design. Therefore, even the color and material of which the curtains are made, play a significant role in the perception of the room. Lilac - not the most popular color for window decoration, however, recently he has gained a large number of new fans. With the help of certain laws of color design, you can make simple curtains with a colorful accent of your living room and surprise any guest. Actual examples of lilac curtains in the living room interior can be seen in the photo below.
Lilac curtains create a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in the living room.
Lilac color in the interior
According to psychologists, creative and tender natures most inclined to the choice of purple, are prone to philosophical reflections and meditations. This is not surprising, because it is this color that causes associations not only with warm May days and fragrant spring flowers, but also with something completely unearthly. It is believed that lilac creates an airy, friendly atmosphere in the room, inspiring long intimate conversations with guests and creative accomplishments. However, when choosing this color for window decoration, the following rules should be considered:
- Do not overdo it with the amount of lilac in the color scheme of the room, otherwise you risk making the interior in a hospital sterile and expressionless;
- Carefully select color combinations, the wrong choice will look tasteless;
- The larger the room - the richer the shade of lilac should be.
Lilac color in the interior of the living room looks very feminine and gentle
Tip! It is strongly not recommended to use lilac curtains in spacious rooms, as excessive lightness will have a bad effect on the mental state of the inhabitants.
Lilac curtains will help create a vintage style in the interior
Depending on the chosen style of interior design, you can combine lilac with many shades of color. It will be useful to you both for strict prim classics, and for modern trends.
- Pale lilac in tandem with pastel tones is a spectacular element of classic style. Light purple curtains will look luxurious against a beige, cream or ivory background. The best choice for curtains will be silk, cotton, flax or other natural materials.
- For vintage style fit curtains of two shades of lilac, which organically complement the overall plan. Also look good with a combination of dark brown and gold. This will give the room the necessary refinement, detachment from the modern world.
- To embody the direction of Art Deco dark shades of lilac and purple fit perfectly. An excellent solution will be plain curtains with black or silver elegant pattern. Saturated lilac framed with gold will again remind you of delicate flowers - pansies.
- If you are a fan of minimalist tendencies, then extremely light curtains are suitable for you in combination with achromatic colors - black, white, gray, and also with light green or blue. If the interior looks too simple, you can dilute it with a simple geometric pattern.
In combination with translucent white tulle lilac curtains create an airy interior.
Despite the practicality of lilac, there are colors with which he is not friendly. First of all, they include red, burgundy, terracotta and dark green. You can find out how well the shades combine, right in the store, by attaching pieces of fabric to each other. Interesting colors for lilac curtains in the living room interior in the photo you can see in our selection.
The combination of lilac and turquoise in the living room interior
Tip! Add lilac curtains with other elements of the same color, for example, with cushions or textiles. Then they will not look coarse and inappropriate.
With the help of lilac curtains, you can create a magical atmosphere of a medieval castle.
Experts recommend the use of lilac curtains in small rooms, as the color itself makes the living room more airy and sunny. The material for such curtains should be appropriate - light, soaring, gently diffusing light. In the living room it is recommended to choose decorations for windows made of silk, organza, nylon or muslin to the floor, as they will let in a sufficient amount of light and make the room visually wider. Neat one-sided pickups add extra originality. Roman curtains made of natural materials against the background of snow-white window frames will also do. Remember that the correctly chosen lilac curtains will immediately attract the attention of guests and become an extraordinary accent of any living room.
Curtains can be supplemented with sofa cushions from the same material.
Curtains in lilac tones are rarely found in modern interiors, despite their practicality and brightness. And the more unusual and interesting they will look in your living room. This is a creative solution for creative and philosophical personalities who seek to escape from the bustling and gray of the modern world, to find themselves again in the world of spring nature.